• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calling Contacts from Job Fair - Will it Pay Off?

In summary, calling contacts from a job fair can be a valuable networking opportunity, but there is no guarantee that it will lead to a job offer. When calling a contact, be sure to introduce yourself, express your interest in their company, and inquire about potential job opportunities. It is best to follow up with contacts within a few days of the job fair, either by phone or email depending on the nature of your conversation. If your contacts do not respond, continue networking and building relationships with other professionals in your field.
caraighan
Gold Member
so.... yesterday and today I've been calling the contacts I made at the job fair...

some were really not interested, even though they said they were, some didn't know that they had to come up with $155 to buy the kit, even though we told everybody, some didn't answer the phone, even though I called them back when they asked me to...

However, one CALLED ME BACK!!!! :D I was so excited I almost couldn't think what to say!!!! Now... she said she had to talk to her husband. :( I guess we'll see if he talks her out of it!!!

Well you got one contact but that is a good booth on your "never do that again" list. Being one that has gone to Job Fairs, PC is not something I would look for there. Some people sign up at every single booth, hoping for a job. No one pays attention to the "$155 for the kit" because they just want a job...

pcchefjane said:
Well you got one contact but that is a good booth on your "never do that again" list. Being one that has gone to Job Fairs, PC is not something I would look for there. Some people sign up at every single booth, hoping for a job. No one pays attention to the "$155 for the kit" because they just want a job...

I figure if I get one recruit or one or two bookings it was worth my time... it was a free event. I'm not loosing anything! I would do it again!

1. How do I know if calling contacts from a job fair will pay off?

While there is no guarantee that calling contacts from a job fair will lead to a job offer, it can be a valuable networking opportunity and potentially open doors for future job opportunities. It's important to make a good impression and follow up with your contacts to stay in touch and express your interest in their company.

2. What should I say when I call a contact from a job fair?

When calling a contact from a job fair, be sure to introduce yourself and remind them of where you met. Express your interest in their company and inquire about any current job openings or potential opportunities. Be prepared to discuss your qualifications and ask if they would be willing to meet for coffee or have a phone call to further discuss potential job opportunities.

3. How soon should I follow up with my contacts from a job fair?

It's important to follow up with your contacts within a few days of the job fair. This shows your enthusiasm and interest in their company. If they gave you a specific time frame to follow up, be sure to do so within that time period. If not, it's best to follow up within a week.

4. Is it better to call or email my contacts from a job fair?

This ultimately depends on the preferences of the contact and the nature of your conversation at the job fair. If you had a more in-depth conversation and they provided you with their contact information, it may be more appropriate to call. However, if you only briefly spoke and exchanged contact information, it may be better to follow up with an email. Consider asking them in person at the job fair how they prefer to be contacted.

5. What if my contacts don't respond to my calls or emails?

If your contacts do not respond to your initial attempts to reach out, don't be discouraged. They may be busy or may not currently have any job openings. It's important to continue networking and building relationships with other professionals in your field. You never know when a job opportunity may arise through a connection made at a job fair.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • baychef