• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Male Success in the Consulting Industry

In summary, there are an unknown number of male consultants, but they have the same degree of success as female consultants.
fortunes4
Does anyone know how many (generally speaking) male consultants there are and if they have the same degree of success that female consultants do?

I use pampered chef all the time and love cooking so it seems like a good fit. I don't want to be boxed up in a stereotype being a male in a female dominated industry.

Thanks.

fortunes4 said:
Does anyone know how many (generally speaking) male consultants there are and if they have the same degree of success that female consultants do?

I use pampered chef all the time and love cooking so it seems like a good fit. I don't want to be boxed up in a stereotype being a male in a female dominated industry.

Thanks.

Wow - I don't know an exact # of male consultants - but I do know that male consultants do as well, if not better than the female consultants! the TOP SELLER in the entire company is a man, David Meenen.

I just did a show for ALL MEN who love to cook, and have 2 recruit leads from that show. This really is a great business for both genders - because many men & women love to cook, and everyone has to eat!

You would have to ask HO for specifics but I don't know if even they have the answers. Yes, this is a very heavily woman based company but there are guys too that are very successful. One of my top hosts is a guy. And I do make it a point to share with all men about this business.

If you look at the bottom of the thread, it gives you similar threads about male consultants.

Most women at shows tend to think it's all cute and novel when they have a male consultant, and they like it. I find my guests tend to be quite attentive to me at shows.

I think males tend to be quite successful. Not to brag, but at my cluster meetings I'm usually getting recognized for top sales, etc.

I normally hear "a male consultant, this will be interesting.."
but my party average is a little over 500.
but I to, like Keith, I'm in the top 3 of our cluster meetings consistantly.

leftymac said:
I think males tend to be quite successful. Not to brag, but at my cluster meetings I'm usually getting recognized for top sales, etc.

colegrovet said:
I normally hear "a male consultant, this will be interesting.."
but my party average is a little over 500.
but I to, like Keith, I'm in the top 3 of our cluster meetings consistantly.

My sister and I were talking about the same thing. She said she may be more willing to buy something from a male consultant.

I think male consultants who work the biz tend to be more successful because they are seen as a novelty.

DebbieJ said:
I think male consultants who work the biz tend to be more successful because they are seen as a novelty.

I totally agree with this!

Male consultant do seem to do better sales wise for some reason... and im thinkin thats what it is... the chicks dig it..LOL

Hey! Take it from a man! I have only been a consultant for 16 months and have an average of about $800.00 with 11 shows over $1,000.00 with the largest being about $1,500.00. I'm top in my cluster! And here in Canada it'S a tough sell because of the huge difference in many of the items. Ladies like having me at a show and say it to me all the time. Go man go!!! lol Recruit men ans profit from it! lol

when I became a director I sat with a Man (Michael) at our Directors breakfast.
At conference the next year he was giving workshops on recruiting, he had recruited 39 people that year.

I agree, I think a man can do really well at it--what's more attractive than a man who knows how to cook to women, who are still are main consumers. I keep trying to recruit my brother since he lost his job and is young, attractive and charming. He won't do it...yet! But it's a known fact amongst servers that male servers do better than females in term of tips made...I think it applies to this, too! And my brother was a server and always got better tips than the girls he worked with :)

I agree, if my hubby wasn't so busy with his job, he would be a great consultant. He loves to "play" with the tools and his excitement is catching.

My husband would be great, too, fun and smart and creative. I have to say I think for men its also a little different because of their drive. I dont' want to get beat up here but I am constantly putting myself down and second guessing myself. The men in my life are confident and strong and would have total confidence, call anyone/everyone without hesitation, talk to strangers...you get the idea.

MAN I wish I could recruit my husband!! He would be so great at this! He is already a walking infomercial for PC anyway!
Maybe when my kids get older, I can get him to do some shows to... or come with me to shows.. I am sure I would sell twice as much.:love:

1. What are some common challenges that men face in the consulting industry?

Some common challenges that men face in the consulting industry include the pressure to constantly prove their worth and capabilities, the expectation to work long hours and travel frequently, and the struggle to balance work and personal life.

2. How can men navigate the competitive nature of the consulting industry?

Men can navigate the competitive nature of the consulting industry by focusing on building their own unique strengths and skills, networking with colleagues and mentors, and staying up-to-date on industry trends and developments.

3. What are some strategies for men to develop strong leadership skills in the consulting industry?

To develop strong leadership skills in the consulting industry, men can actively seek out leadership opportunities, continuously seek feedback and self-improvement, and build strong relationships with team members and clients.

4. How can men address gender inequality and promote diversity in the consulting industry?

Men can address gender inequality and promote diversity in the consulting industry by being aware of their own biases and actively promoting and supporting women and other underrepresented groups in the workplace.

5. What role does emotional intelligence play in male success in the consulting industry?

Emotional intelligence plays a crucial role in male success in the consulting industry. It allows men to effectively communicate, build relationships, and navigate complex workplace dynamics, ultimately leading to better client relationships and career growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jillmami
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • jenniann
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Admin Greg