• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Successfully Becoming a Consultant Team: Husband as Chef, Wife on Admin

In summary, the wife approaches the husband with the idea to become a consultant with their dh who is a chef, and the husband is resistant. The wife schedules an interview to meet with the husband and husband's wife together, and the husband probably will be involved in the future.
beepampered
Recently, I have had two women approach me about becoming a consultant with their dh who is a chef. They envision the husband cooking and them doing all the paperwork and organization. Any thoughts on how to sell this idea? Does it work? How do you recruit a person (husband) who you aren't even talking to because it's just her talking? Thanks for any tips.

I have a husband and wife team on my team. I don't quite understand what you are asking about "selling them on the idea". Does the husband want to team up and to the biz together? If so, then sign them (we'll, you would sign one of the two and they'd work as a team under 1 consultant name). They'll then market themselves as a team :)

I would schedule an interview to meet with them together. I know several husband/wife teams where one does the actual demo, and the other works behind the scenes. It can work well, but I wouldn't sign a couple without meeting with them together.

I know a couple who did this -- the one who actually does demo has to sign up to be the actual consultant due to insurance, etc....might check into that...

DH and I originally started this biz together, hence the name, pamperedpals. :) It is now just me, because we lost our babysitter and I love it. He helped during the demo's and talked about the items he liked. I kinda miss doing this together with him. Yet, I enjoy my me time. ;)

Yes, I need to meet the dh. In one instance, it is the wife's idea and I think her dh is resistant so meeting has not been possible. The other is hosting a show in a few weeks so I'll meet him.

Interesting to think that the name should be who does the demo. Since the wife has approached me (both times wearing PC Logo in public place) I think the wife will be the main person - especially if only one can go. Thanks for your thoughts.

the person who is doing the demo mainly needs to be the one on the contract. My director and I discussed this because my husband is involved. We discuss for a second us both signing, but didn't want two sets of tools and if one got the trip the other couldn't go unless they got the trip also.
My husban has not yet gone to a party with me, so many things going on, but in the near future he probably will be.

1. What are the benefits of being a "Consultant Team" with a husband as a chef and wife on admin?

There are several benefits to this setup. First, the husband's expertise as a chef can bring valuable insights and skills to the consulting team, especially if the consulting work is related to the food industry. Second, having a wife on the administrative side can help with organization, communication, and managing the business operations. Third, being a husband and wife team can create a strong sense of trust and teamwork, which can positively impact the success of the consulting business.

2. How can a husband and wife balance their personal and professional lives in this type of setup?

It is important for the couple to set boundaries and establish clear roles and responsibilities within the business. This can help prevent conflicts and allow for a healthy work-life balance. Communication and compromise are also key in maintaining a harmonious relationship both in and out of work.

3. What are some potential challenges of working together as a husband and wife team?

Some potential challenges may include struggling to separate personal and professional matters, differing opinions on business decisions, and dealing with the added pressure of working together as a couple. It is important for the couple to address any conflicts or issues openly and find ways to effectively communicate and collaborate.

4. How can a husband and wife utilize their individual strengths to benefit their consulting team?

Each individual brings unique strengths and skills to the table. The husband's expertise as a chef can be utilized in creating innovative solutions and ideas for clients, while the wife's organizational and administrative skills can help with managing the business operations. By recognizing and utilizing each other's strengths, the consulting team can thrive and offer a well-rounded service to clients.

5. What advice do you have for couples considering starting a consulting business together?

First and foremost, make sure you have a strong foundation in your personal relationship before diving into a business partnership. Communication, trust, and respect are key in making this type of setup work. It is also important to establish clear roles and responsibilities, set boundaries, and continuously communicate and make decisions together. Remember to also take time for yourselves and prioritize your personal relationship in the midst of running a business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • Rebecca Clive