• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tastefully Simple/Partylite Merger

In summary, two sister companies merged, and consultants have to follow a new agreement if they want to sell products from both lines.
Kelly8
Does anyone have any more details on this merger? I think it would be an awesome recruiting advantage for us. If someone is thinking they would like to enter the wonderful world of DS, but doesn't know which company, then we could definitely say, "Well, look at the problems of the other companies and then look at how well PC is doing." But, of course, I don't want to say that not knowing the details. Did they in fact merge because of financial issues? And is it true, does anyone know, that Partylite consultants now have to demo Tastefully Simple products at their shows and vice versa? Does a host who just wants candles shown have to agree to allow Tastefully Simple (not to mention buying the ingredients and doing the prep work?).

I don't know all the details, but it isn't Tastefully Simple. It's Two Sisters Gourmet...

Oh, I was hearing Tastefully Simple. Thanks, I'm going to Google that now. No wonder it wasn't coming up before

Haven't heard it, but I find that it isn't a good idea to recruit by pointing out how bad others are doing.Just sell the positives of your company. Don't stoop to the other company bashing. That's how consultants get a bad name.There are plenty of awesome things about PC to sell.

I am on some kind of message board and they think that the merger will be official with their fall catalog. Someone on there also said that a lot of TSG consultants are quitting over this. Hmmm, time to make some calls! Haha

Last edited:
Okay, I think I found some information. TSG was merged with Partylite, so basically that means that they might have to buy a new kit, they lose their website (on-line ordering), and they have to sign a new agreement. Basically if they want to follow their product, they have to become a PL consultant. The companies are testing it in just a few markets now, saying that they don't have enough inventory anyway to have every PL consultant selling it. From what it sounds like, PL consultants don't have to push the food line (probably like PLs spa line) and there will be one catalog.

I have also just heard that Home and Garden has merged with Home Interiors....

Wonder if they will still sell stones??

Paula

I drove by the home interiors warehouse last week the lawn /median was covered with signs they were selling the fixtures & shelving
both of my HI ladies have sent emails to the custoemrs and have quit they do not want to sell H & G (or PC) i did ask one has been in business 10 years the other 18

I talked with a leader of Party Lite and she said the company that owns Party Lite actually merged with TSG and that the deal is final. That only a select few consultants are doing both lines right now and that by next year they expect they'll open it up to all PL consultants. She seemed pretty excited saying that they can supply the host with the needed stuff to serve their candle show guests.....hmmmm....it's just what she told me :)

That's an odd combo... I'd see home interior with candles but food and candles???

I have never even heard of TSG LOL So I guess I am very much out of the direct sales loop huh? LOL

Home Interiors and Home and Garden Party have merged and are debuting as a new company. I can't remember the name of it right now - the new catty comes out March 8 and both consultants from the companys who had websites will keep them - they will be selling stones as HGP did -

MY HI lady gave me all the info on WEDNs. WHEN she tried to convince me to have a show and be one of the first in the neighbhood to have one -

The HIG thing is why I got out of it and switched to PC. I got out at the beginning of last year when their bankruptcy was only a rumor. I'm soo glad I did. PC has been 10x's better than I could have ever done w/ HIG (jmho) :)

The new name for HI and H&GP is "Celebrating Home", I think.

1. What is the reason for the Tastefully Simple/Partylite merger?

The merger between Tastefully Simple and Partylite was a strategic decision to combine the strengths and resources of both companies in order to better serve our customers and consultants. This partnership allows us to offer a wider range of products and opportunities for our consultants to grow their businesses.

2. Will the products from Tastefully Simple and Partylite be combined into one catalog?

Yes, the products from both Tastefully Simple and Partylite will now be featured in one combined catalog. This will provide our customers with a more convenient and streamlined shopping experience.

3. Will there be any changes to the compensation plan for consultants?

There will be no changes to the compensation plan for consultants as a result of the merger. Both Tastefully Simple and Partylite have successful and fair compensation plans, and we will continue to support our consultants in their businesses.

4. How will the merger affect current consultants and their teams?

Current consultants from both Tastefully Simple and Partylite will have the opportunity to work together and grow their businesses as part of the new combined company. Teams will also have the chance to collaborate and support each other in this new partnership.

5. Will there be any changes to the quality or pricing of Tastefully Simple and Partylite products?

The quality and pricing of Tastefully Simple and Partylite products will remain the same. We are committed to providing our customers with high-quality products at reasonable prices, and this will not change with the merger.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
jenniferm
  • PamperChefCarol
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
amy07
  • susanr613