• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guest Has Info Already, Should I Step In?

In summary, the speaker had a conversation with a guest about meeting a consultant at a multi-vendor event and discussing the business. The speaker offered their contact information and asked if the guest would like to follow up with them or the original consultant. The speaker also mentioned a recruiting incentive for March and asked if they should follow up with the guest. The suggestion was made to give the guest a call and make sure their needs are being met, and to let their response guide the conversation. The speaker shared a personal experience of a similar situation and suggested taking cues from the potential.
babywings76
Gold Member
I had a guest on Saturday mention that she met a consultant at a multi-vendor event and spoke with her a little about the business. I asked her if the consultant gave her any information to check out. She said yes. So I said, "Oh, okay. So you're working with her then." (in a very friendly, casual tone) She said she was kind of interested, but not really sure, because that girl lives really far away from our area. I live very close, so I didn't know if I should jump in or keep back and let the original consultant be the one to follow up with her and then I check in with her later in the future? I told the guest where I live and that she has my number and can contact me if she had any questions or wanted to consider following up with info from me. Do you think that was okay for me to do? Should I follow up with her soon about the recruiting incentive for March? Or should I leave her alone for the other consultant to follow up with?

It's her choice. I'd follow-up with her. Tell her that you wanted to be sure she knew about the promotion and that if she is still working with the other consultant she should give her a call but that it is entirely her decision who she works with. Let her response guide you from there.

"Thanks, I'll call her." (you) "Great! I wish you the best success."

"I don't really have a relationship with her" "I'd rather work with you" or whatever else that would indicate she's not interested in working with her. (you) "Okay, then! (maybe: "I just didn't want to "steal" you.") What is it that interests you in this business..." Then go on from there.

I agree with Beth. Give her a call and make sure her needs are being met.

I had this exact thing yesterday at a bridal fair. I was talking to a lady that used to be a consultant and was thinking of getting back into the business. She had spoken with another consultant - actually a director who I happen to know in passing - and that director had talked to her about joining back up. But in passing she said some things that led to the conclusion she didn't care for the way that person ran their business. I say to each his own. I've had directors and upline in the past that I didn't connect with and would have preferred to work with someone else. I'm more successful now that I have different upline to work with.

On the same note I spoke with another person who said the same thing and was very happy with the person she was working with and I wished her the best. Take your cue from the potential.

Hi there,It's great to hear that you had a chance to talk with a potential customer at the multi-vendor event! It sounds like she already has some information from another consultant, which is great. In this case, it's best to let the other consultant follow up with her first and respect their relationship. However, you can always check in with her in the future and see if she has any questions or if you can offer any additional support. As for the recruiting incentive for March, it's always a good idea to follow up with potential recruits, but again, be mindful of the relationship she already has with the other consultant. It's always best to work together and support each other in this business. Keep up the great work!

1. Can I still offer assistance if the guest already has the information they need?

Yes, absolutely! Even if the guest has the information they need, you can still offer additional tips or suggestions that may enhance their experience. It's always better to be proactive and provide excellent customer service.

2. How do I know if the guest has already received the information?

You can ask the guest directly if they have all the information they need. Alternatively, you can also check with the host or any other guests if they have already covered the topic. It's always better to double-check to ensure the guest has all the necessary information.

3. Should I interrupt the conversation if the guest already has the information?

No, it's not necessary to interrupt the conversation. You can wait for a natural pause or ask the guest if they have any additional questions or concerns. Interrupting may come across as rude and disrupt the flow of the conversation.

4. What if the guest doesn't want any additional information?

That's okay! You can simply thank them for letting you know and move on to the next topic. It's important to respect the guest's wishes and not force any information upon them.

5. Can I still offer a product demonstration if the guest already has the information?

Yes, you can still offer a product demonstration even if the guest already has the information. This can be a great opportunity to showcase different uses or techniques for the product. Plus, it may even spark new ideas or questions from the guest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rochelle Miller
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Genia Roman
  • byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ChefBeckyD