• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need Some Advice on a Possible Recruit

In summary, my neighbor across the street has a friend come in from out of town a couple of weeks ago and she was using her mandoline which peaked his interest. She told me that she was a maybe for the business and I want to make sure I don't freak her out but can see the RED FLAGS of a recuit and don't want to blow it. So I told her that I am making something easy for her, she wanted something Meixcan so I am making fresh salsa and Nachos supreme on the large Bar Pan. I was also as a suprise for her birthday make her the Chocolate Molten lava cake in the microwave. She has a small living room so I told her we would do a hands
KrisGio
Hi all,

I have this party on Saturday with my neighbor across the street. She is my age and LOVES PC. So tonight when I did my CC call before the show, she told me that she had a friend come in from out of town a couple of weeks ago and she was using her mandoline which peaked his interest. So she did her OWN MINI SHOW for him (mind you she is telling me this and I am floored :eek:). So I said to her that SHE SHOULD SELL PC FOR HERSELF. I told her that was what happened to me that I was a PC junkie like herself and basically took over a show in November which got me started on thinking about doing it. I signed 3 weeks later.

So HELP, :sing: she checked off that she was a maybe for the business and I want to make sure I don't freak her out but can see the RED FLAGS of a recuit and don't want to blow it. Please give me advice as to how to approach her about it. Thanks All.

Oh and she is having like 13 at her show this Saturday. YIPEE!:chef:

My advice is to make it look as easy as possible. Don't take to many extras and make it look like she couldn't do it.

I am making something easy for her, she wanted something Meixcan so I am making fresh salsa and Nachos supreme on the large Bar Pan. I was also as a suprise for her birthday make her the Chocolate Molten lava cake in the microwave. She has a small living room so I told her we would do a hands on show so everyone would be able to get up and try some stuff so I figure that it wouldn't be all on me and she could get the idea that it is easier than it seems which it is really. :O)

I'd carry several items from the Kit so she can see what all she will be getting. Looking at the picture and actually "feeling" everything is different! Be sure and tell her about the great New Consultant promotion for March!

I already made a copy of it and put it in my folder for her. I plan on going over like and extra 15 minutes before the usual half hour to give her the stuff and have her look at it while I set up and start cooking. I also am going to do the "Why Bag" so she can see how easy it can be. :O)

And I always carry all of my kit with me so people can truly see that you get SO much with that $155 investment (which I can now tell people I got the kit money back by just doing TWO parties). :O)

Begin by asking her what she likes about the business...then SHUT-UP!! Then ask her what qualities she thinks she has that would make her a good consultant...then SHUT-UP!! Then at the party get her friends excited for her!

She will already have her "why" established and she will be self-fortified because she has identified what would make her a good consultant. So when she faces those negative Nellys in her life she is ready to tell them why she's doing it and why she'll do well. Leaving no room for debate!! (not my original ideas...thank you Duska Mills)

1. How do I know if someone is a good fit for my organization?

The best way to determine if someone is a good fit for your organization is to thoroughly assess their skills, experience, and qualifications. This can include reviewing their resume, conducting interviews, and checking references. It's also important to consider their values, work ethic, and personality to ensure they align with your company culture.

2. Should I prioritize experience or potential when considering a recruit?

This ultimately depends on the specific needs and goals of your organization. If you need someone who can hit the ground running and handle complex tasks immediately, then experience may be more important. However, if you are looking for someone who can grow and develop with your company, then potential may be a better indicator of long-term success.

3. How do I handle salary negotiations with a potential recruit?

It's important to be transparent and honest with a potential recruit about the salary range for the position. This can help manage expectations and avoid any misunderstandings. If the recruit asks for a higher salary, you can explain the reasoning behind the initial offer and see if there is room for negotiation. It's also important to consider the market rate for similar positions and the candidate's qualifications and experience.

4. What should I do if a potential recruit has a red flag on their background check?

If a potential recruit has a red flag on their background check, it's important to gather more information and assess the situation carefully. Consider the severity and relevance of the red flag, as well as any mitigating factors. You may also want to consult with legal or HR professionals to ensure you handle the situation appropriately and minimize any potential risks for your organization.

5. How can I ensure diversity and inclusion in my recruitment process?

To promote diversity and inclusion in your recruitment process, it's important to have a diverse team involved in the decision-making process and to actively seek out diverse candidates. Additionally, you can review and update your job descriptions and qualifications to remove any potential barriers for underrepresented groups. Finally, it's important to foster an inclusive and welcoming culture within your organization to attract and retain diverse talent.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Morgan032032
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Morgan032032
  • makeawhisk
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChefJen2012