• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Wording to Respond to E-Mail

In summary, the past host indicated that she is no longer able to come to the party on Saturday and is looking for a way to continue to participate in the program. She is looking for a job with benefits and is concerned about the economy. I would recommend telling her about the promotion in March and how it would be a great job that she would never be laid off of, make her own hours, etc.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
I have an e-mail that I need help responding to... Here's a little background info:

This is about a past host of mine. On Saturday, I'm hosting a Spring Products party. The past host had indicated to me that she was planning to come on Saturday & wanted to schedule a spring party b/c her discount was about to expire. We've talked several times about her becoming a consultant & she's always been very interested, but hesitant. She's concerned about asking people to spend their money for her to benefit. She also has concerns that she wouldn't be able to do well with the economy the way it is (her words, not mine). Today, I received the following e-mail from her & I would like some help in responding to it.

"Just wanted to let you know I'm not going to be able to make it this Sat. Last Friday I was let go from my job. So don't really have extra money to spend at this time. I know your probably thinking about my selling Pampered Chef but right now I need to find a job with benefits. I just don't feel like I could make a go of selling it. Hopefully I will find something quickly. I am hoping to find something over here in IL, tired to making long drive to MO. I will keep in touch."

To me, it's screaming that now would be the perfect time for her to do this, try it out at least while she's looking for a new job. I just don't know how to word it so that it's comes across nicely. I've got one chance to slide in still coming on Saturday, potentially hosting & maybe the recruiting.

Help!!

First off, we do have benefits available, so that is not an excuse.Secondly, tie in that she will be cooking at home and how our $2 per serving meals will help her - why not help other people?

She is probably looking at medical/dental insurance. That is what most people think of first about benefits. Course if she has been covered until medical insurance at her former job, she can probably get an insurance policy that would cover what she needs for less money than COBRA. I would probably just tell her about the great promotion in March and how it would be a great job that she would never be laid off of, make her own hours, etc.

It sounds to me like she really doesn't want to be a consultant and she wants to let you down easily. I'd wish her luck and tell her if she ever changes her mind that PC wil be here when she's ready. Ask her if it's okay to keep her on your list and let her know about every recruiting special that comes around.

I would be honest and say, "Yes I think you would be a great consultant". Tell her about the new March rebate and tell her that there are opportunities around every corner with the Pampered Chef.

pcchefjane said:
She is probably looking at medical/dental insurance. That is what most people think of first about benefits. Course if she has been covered until medical insurance at her former job, she can probably get an insurance policy that would cover what she needs for less money than COBRA.

That's exactly what Kate refers to. We can get a deal on medical and dental insurance through PC. There's some info on CC, with the other Pampered Perks. Many people find that they can cover the premiums with one or two shows a month. If nothing else, it's a way to stay covered (cheaper than COBRA) while looking for a full-time job.

chefann said:
That's exactly what Kate refers to. We can get a deal on medical and dental insurance through PC. There's some info on CC, with the other Pampered Perks. Many people find that they can cover the premiums with one or two shows a month. If nothing else, it's a way to stay covered (cheaper than COBRA) while looking for a full-time job.

Glad to know this. I may have to look into it. I haven't had insurance for years...

Also let her know it doesn't have to be one way or the other... it's very easy to work PC alongside another job or a job search! Getting started in PC now doesn't preclude her from continuing her search for a full time job with benefits AND it looks good to not have a gap in employment! Plus this is something she can immediately add to her resume, which will look even better: sales, marketing, customer service, accounting, small business ownership, entrepreneurial talent. These are things that may set her apart in this job market!

My suggestion: she's not ready yet! When the time is right, it'll work - it's not right, now.

Each day, you make a choice.

Choice One: In choosing to represent an amazing company like The Pampered Chef, you recognize that some days it will be hard. In choosing to pursue it anyway, you reap tremendous rewards. A verse Mother Teresa cherished is...

The Paradoxical Commandments

by Dr. Kent M. Keith

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.

The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.
© 1968, 2001 Kent M. Keith

Choice two: In choosing to not represent Pampered Chef, you choose another set of challenges, consequences and rewards. Please allow me to support you as an individual, in whichever choice you make - and to encourage you along the way. In return, I look forward to giving you the space you need, and appreciate your kindness as well.

Continue to pass along reasons to join periodically. If you water it (a LITTLE at a time), the seed you planted will grow and bear fruit!

SCott that is wonderful. Thank you :)

The insurance "benefits" from PC are not great and cost you out of pocket instead of the employer paying it AND, here's the biggie for most people, there are issues if you have any pre-existing conditions. An employer has to accept you no matter what.

I would try to say this would be an interim income until her other job comes along. PC is not a long time career for everyone. Direct Sales is flexible so sale that benefit to her...

Thanks for the suggestions & ideas everyone. Now if I could just figure out how to put it into words. :) I would love to go ahead & get her to schedule a party even if she doesn't want to join. I know that she loves the products & would love to be able receive some of the new ones for free. I'm totally ok with her not wanting to do it b/c I've had my fair share of consultants sign & not do anything. I don't want to go down that road again!

I would pick up the phone and CALL HER. Having a conversation will go over MUCH BETTER than emailing her back!

1. What is the best way to respond to an email?

The best way to respond to an email is to be prompt, polite, and concise in your reply. Make sure to address any questions or concerns mentioned in the original email and provide a clear and organized response.

2. How do I politely decline an email request?

If you need to decline an email request, it's important to do so in a respectful and professional manner. Thank the sender for their interest or request, explain your reasons for declining, and offer any alternative solutions if possible.

3. Can you provide an example of a professional email response?

Sure, here's an example: "Hi [Sender's Name], Thank you for reaching out. I appreciate your interest in our products. Unfortunately, we are not able to fulfill your request at this time. However, I would be happy to provide some alternative solutions that may meet your needs. Please let me know if you would like to discuss further. Best, [Your Name]"

4. How do I respond to an email with bad news?

Responding to an email with bad news can be tricky, but it's important to be honest and empathetic in your reply. Acknowledge the bad news, provide a brief explanation or reasoning, and offer any solutions or assistance to help alleviate the situation.

5. Is it necessary to respond to every email I receive?

While it's not always necessary to respond to every email, it's generally considered polite and professional to do so. If you receive an email that doesn't require a response, a simple "thank you for your message" can suffice. However, if the sender asks a question or requests a response, it's important to reply in a timely manner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Heather92007
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Heather92007
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • DebPC