• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Plays the Ticket Game?

In summary, there are several ways to play the ticket game. One way is to give tickets for finding products and page numbers in the catalog. Another way is to have guests write down five questions about the business to win a prize. Finally, one method is to have a volunteer write their name on one ticket and fill out the other tickets with names when someone asks a question about the business. People generally have enjoyed playing the ticket game as it encourages engagement and conversation about the business.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
So, I just listened to the video on CC about the Ticket Game - and I have to say that when Ronda is talking about the thought of playing the game making her sick to her stomach...I can totally relate!

I've bought the tickets, but I just can't make myself play the game...so I'm wondering if there are any Cheffers who play this game, and what is the response at your shows when you do?

I don't know if it is the one you are talking about but I do a game with tickets. When I go through my demo the first person to find the products as I use them and call out the page numbers get a ticket. At the end of my demo, the person with the most tickets gets a prize. I do not play it all of the time. But when I have I have people hurrying to find the products and they really get into it. I have always had a good response when I am playing it. I usually do it for "new shows" where people are not as familiar with the products. At my repeat shows when I have done it, the same person always find the page numbers and that is not as fun for the rest.

No, this is specifically a recruiting and booking game. You only get tickets for asking questions about the business or about hosting a show. There is a video about it on CC....

ChefBeckyD said:
No, this is specifically a recruiting and booking game. You only get tickets for asking questions about the business or about hosting a show. There is a video about it on CC....

I didn't watch the video but I have seen it talked about on here. I do not play that one b/c I do not actively recruit. And I don't see that as "fun" game people would get into playing.

I don't do games, period. I don't like them, and I don't like playing them at other people's shows either.But, the woman on the video said that exact same thing. She tried the ticket game because at conference, she had ZERO recruits, and needed to change something. She started doing this game, and the first time she tried it, she got 6 (or 8 - I can't remember) bookings, and 3 recruit leads. Between the time she came back from conference and the end of the year, she signed 10 new consultants.I want that...and I'd be willing to (gulp!) try this, if I heard from some other people too that it has worked for them.

I have played the ticket game for a number of months now. I would say the number of leads has increased. I just have a hard time getting them to sign. Some shows, there are a ton of questions (and hot leads) and other shows, it is like pulling teeth to get the questions out of them.

At our spring kick-off meeting today, Michael Reeves (a top recruiter, who also spoke at Conference 2008, Wave 2) spoke on recruiting. He does not do the ticket game, but what he does is after having the guests fill out the DPDS, he has them flip the slip over, as well as the catty over. He points out the kit, and tells his story, and then he tells the guests to write down 5 questions they may have about his/the business. The first one to raise their hands with the 5 questions wins a prize (SB and a 3 pack of Quick-cut paring knives). He has them read out their questions one by one, and he answers them. Once those questions has been answered, he will answer questions from other guests.

I am thinking about changing from the ticket game to doing it this way.

Bren706 said:
I have played the ticket game for a number of months now. I would say the number of leads has increased. I just have a hard time getting them to sign. Some shows, there are a ton of questions (and hot leads) and other shows, it is like pulling teeth to get the questions out of them.

At our spring kick-off meeting today, Michael Reeves (a top recruiter, who also spoke at Conference 2008, Wave 2) spoke on recruiting. He does not do the ticket game, but what he does is after having the guests fill out the DPDS, he has them flip the slip over, as well as the catty over. He points out the kit, and tells his story, and then he tells the guests to write down 5 questions they may have about his/the business. The first one to raise their hands with the 5 questions wins a prize (SB and a 3 pack of Quick-cut paring knives). He has them read out their questions one by one, and he answers them. Once those questions has been answered, he will answer questions from other guests.

I am thinking about changing from the ticket game to doing it this way.

I really LIKE that, Brenda! Thanks for sharing.

Hmmm, now what to do with this whole roll of tickets? I'll have to be creative!

I do tickets through out my show, they get one for coming, one for bringing a guest or outside order, one if it's their first show and one for helping me find page numbers in the catalog. Then at the end after I do the recruit and bookings take, I give them a chance to earn two tickets for any question about the business or hosting their own show. Sometimes you get 1 or 2 questions and other times they open up and start asking a lot of questions. I've never had anyone question why I do it. And it's always fun. I've been doing it since the beginning of my business. I don't consider it a "game"

I've done the ticket game for a very long time. Love it!

Becky, I will answer about the 5 questions and the ticket game later. Please don't let me forget!!!

Koolotus said:
Becky, I will answer about the 5 questions and the ticket game later. Please don't let me forget!!!

Okay - I'll be coming to find you if I don't see you post!:D:p

Koolotus said:

I'm looking forward to what you have to share... :)

OK Cheryl...let's hear it:)

Thanks for sharing that Brenda...I heard Michael speak last year & loved it...he is great!

I've been thinking of doing the ticket game for a long time too; need to bite the bullet & try it.

I have also dont the 5 questions on the back of the Thank You slips at the end of my show. (what is DPDS?) The first person that finished got a SB or anything else I had. That 1st time I did this I got my 1st recruit. It was AWESOME!!!

I absolutely love the ticket game. I used to play pass the product, but with the ticket game, the quality of the questions has improved. The people asking the questions may not be your recruit lead, they may just be good at asking questions, but they are getting the information for others who are not comfortable asking the questions. I get way more booking and recruit leads since I started using the ticket game.

pcjenn said:
I absolutely love the ticket game. I used to play pass the product, but with the ticket game, the quality of the questions has improved. The people asking the questions may not be your recruit lead, they may just be good at asking questions, but they are getting the information for others who are not comfortable asking the questions. I get way more booking and recruit leads since I started using the ticket game.

Thanks for that info Jenn.

Do you ever get people rolling their eyes or groaning about playing?

Do you do it throughout your show, or do you have a set amount of time that you play?

I set our PC timer for 3 minutes, after showing people the magnet, easel, and clip features of the timer.

Becky,

I've just started to do the ticket game with a spin. I take my prize (an old Season's Best) and 11 tickets. Once the recipe is in the oven or microwave and everyone is seated with their catalogs I ask for a volunteer. I explain that whoever is willing to help will have the opportunity to win a cookbook. So, someone steps up and I hand them the 11 tickets and ask them to write their name on the back of one. Then I explain that when someone asks a question about my business their name will go on a back of the ticket (this is the volunteer’s job). I also explain that the drawing only happens if the remaining ten tickets have a name on them.

I give the volunteer a nod when a question "qualifies" for a ticket and she writes the name on the back. This makes things a little easier because the volunteer is usually the one saying "hey, we need 3 more questions." I gave business information to 3 people at my show on Saturday.

chefjeanine said:
Becky,

I've just started to do the ticket game with a spin. I take my prize (an old Season's Best) and 11 tickets. Once the recipe is in the oven or microwave and everyone is seated with their catalogs I ask for a volunteer. I explain that whoever is willing to help will have the opportunity to win a cookbook. So, someone steps up and I hand them the 11 tickets and ask them to write their name on the back of one. Then I explain that when someone asks a question about my business their name will go on a back of the ticket (this is the volunteer’s job). I also explain that the drawing only happens if the remaining ten tickets have a name on them.

I give the volunteer a nod when a question "qualifies" for a ticket and she writes the name on the back. This makes things a little easier because the volunteer is usually the one saying "hey, we need 3 more questions." I gave business information to 3 people at my show on Saturday.

Wow, Jeanine - that is wonderful! So, Ann sets her timer for 3 minutes - how long does your version take?

Thanks so much everyone for your feedback and info - it's all helping me as I process and think about how to do this!

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow, Jeanine - that is wonderful! So, Ann sets her timer for 3 minutes - how long does your version take?

Thanks so much everyone for your feedback and info - it's all helping me as I process and think about how to do this!

It might take 3 minutes, but they have the opportunity to ask any time after I explain the game. However, they do usually have a time where they try to ask all of the questions at once.

BTW, this is not my idea. It was shared at our January kick-off meeting.

okie doke, here it is:
First the 5 questions game. THIS is what I teach at New Consultant training, I signed 19 last Feb-Nov, and this is what I did at my shows.
Do the show, announce that it is time for a present, but we need to do a bit of housekeeping first. I go over Hosting (different thread :) ) Then I have someone pass out the door prize slips face down and pens. I tell them that I have no idea what their lives are like but I know what mine would be if I hadn't joined The Pampered Chef. I want to give them a chance to ask me anything that they want to have an honest answer to. " You can be a little rude, like asking me what my husband thinks about my business, or how much money I make. But, not if I gained weight since joining, personally I think that is really rude! ;)" So I tell them now it is time to write down 5 questions as fast as they can that they want to know about what a Pampered Chef business looks like. Then I tell them to GO! Fast as you can!!!!
AFTER I answer the questions of the winner I ask if there is anything that someone wrote down that wasn't covered by the ones I answered. At that point I tell them to flip over their slips and LOOK at me :) I then go through the slip and explain to them what I am looking for. It is my customer card so I keep it. (ATTACHED) At that point I hand the winner her prize. I then collect the slips and stand them and read them. If I see anyone that want info I sit down and chat with them right there.
Any questions?

Attachments

• Door Prize slips.doc
    36 KB · Views: 777
Koolotus said:
okie doke, here it is:
First the 5 questions game. THIS is what I teach at New Consultant training, I signed 19 last Feb-Nov, and this is what I did at my shows.
Do the show, announce that it is time for a present, but we need to do a bit of housekeeping first. I go over Hosting (different thread :) ) Then I have someone pass out the door prize slips face down and pens. I tell them that I have no idea what their lives are like but I know what mine would be if I hadn't joined The Pampered Chef. I want to give them a chance to ask me anything that they want to have an honest answer to. " You can be a little rude, like asking me what my husband thinks about my business, or how much money I make. But, not if I gained weight since joining, personally I think that is really rude! ;)" So I tell them now it is time to write down 5 questions as fast as they can that they want to know about what a Pampered Chef business looks like. Then I tell them to GO! Fast as you can!!!!
AFTER I answer the questions of the winner I ask if there is anything that someone wrote down that wasn't covered by the ones I answered. At that point I tell them to flip over their slips and LOOK at me :) I then go through the slip and explain to them what I am looking for. It is my customer card so I keep it. (ATTACHED) At that point I hand the winner her prize. I then collect the slips and stand them and read them. If I see anyone that want info I sit down and chat with them right there.
Any questions?

Great idea! Does this generally go over well? What do you do if they don't seem to want to "play"?

What I started after Leadership (2 recruits so far this year-need 2 more by Tuesday :) )
Ticket game:
I use the Lg Collapsible bowl and a roll of tickets. When I get there before the show I tell the host I have a job for her during the show.
When we get started I introduce myself and tell them that we are going to play an easy game throughout the show that will make everything go fast and will still let me get them all the information I want them to have.
Here's the rules:
You get 2 tickets for asking about my business
1 ticket for asking about hosting
no tickets for product questions :p
However, you will get a ticket if you do something for me so pay attention!
I then explain that our lovely host will be in charge of their tickets so it is their job to hold her accountable and make sure she doesn't pocket them.
I give a brief demo of the collapsible bowl and then hand it over to the host. I then do my show. They ask questions, we have fun! Easy-peasy.
If at any point they are not talking I point out that I am WEARING THINGS that they could ask me about.
I tell them that I did not put on my Pampered Chef Bling for me, but to help them get tickets :)
Pampered Chef Bling: Is my Leadership name tag with my name in it. Also a pin for Feeding America, HWC, I'm going to Mexico, What's your Dream? and Recruiting.
It feels like bling, it's kind of gaudy, but it works and it's funny so I wear it :)
This is FUN!!!
I am loving it, I felt like I needed to move past the 5 questions.
IMPORTANT!!
If you decide to do the 5 questions it is important to use them to follow up later. I got some of my girls from calling them after the show and saying that I saw you had a great question on the back of your slip, were you just being nosy or do you really want to know?
It was great to follow up :) That is honestly the BEST part of that game, is that you have reference for later.

wadesgirl said:
Great idea! Does this generally go over well? What do you do if they don't seem to want to "play"?

Play with the willing, book with the willing and sign the willing.
If someone didn't want to watch you cook would you skip it?
xoxo
Hope to see you again at conference!

1.Okay - so you don't do both the 5 questions & the ticket game, you only do one?

2.Why do you think you needed to move beyond the ticket game? (I mean, 19 recruits in 10 months? WOW!)

3. With the 5 questions - you literally sit down with them right then? Or do you mean when you talk to them at check-out?

ChefBeckyD said:
1.Okay - so you don't do both the 5 questions & the ticket game, you only do one?

2.Why do you think you needed to move beyond the ticket game? (I mean, 19 recruits in 10 months? WOW!)

3. With the 5 questions - you literally sit down with them right then? Or do you mean when you talk to them at check-out?

1. Nope, pick one.
2. I got bored with it (I have 2 in 2 months with more on the way :) )
3.Yep, I pop-a-squat right next to them and ask them what interests them about The Pampered Chef. Then we go from there.

Koolotus said:
Play with the willing, book with the willing and sign the willing.
If someone didn't want to watch you cook would you skip it?
xoxo
Hope to see you again at conference!
Good point and I never do skip it! It was great to meet you too! I'll be at every conference as long as I can.I explained my ticket game earlier in the thread. My biggest thing is when I ask them for questions sometimes they don't want to ask. I have been trying to get ways to either make it more exciting or to find another way to get them to ask questions. I like your idea!

Koolotus said:
1. Nope, pick one.
2. I got bored with it (I have 2 in 2 months with more on the way :) )
3.Yep, I pop-a-squat right next to them and ask them what interests them about The Pampered Chef. Then we go from there.

So what do you do with everyone else? Just let them listen in?

Yep, it's not like it is a secret society ;)
Also, they are usually all friends!! If they are starting a new venture they will tell them anyway and then I can help them get shows. 3 girls last year signed at the show.

wadesgirl said:
Good point and I never do skip it! It was great to meet you too! I'll be at every conference as long as I can.

I explained my ticket game earlier in the thread. My biggest thing is when I ask them for questions sometimes they don't want to ask. I have been trying to get ways to either make it more exciting or to find another way to get them to ask questions. I like your idea!

That's whay I wear the bling :) I tend not to have quiet groups, we are all about the fun. Actually I just booked a party for March and on the invites it says mechanical bull riding to follow. (I love my shows :))

Koolotus said:
That's whay I wear the bling :) I tend not to have quiet groups, we are all about the fun. Actually I just booked a party for March and on the invites it says mechanical bull riding to follow. (I love my shows :))

I do like that idea too. Mine is hanging up in my office right now. I don't ever wear an apron so that maybe something to do.

Koolotus said:
Yep, it's not like it is a secret society ;)
Also, they are usually all friends!! If they are starting a new venture they will tell them anyway and then I can help them get shows. 3 girls last year signed at the show.

So, do you do the 5 questions at the end while they are eating, or some other time in the show? It's not that I think it's a secret society, I'm just trying to figure out the logistics...like, is everyone sitting there waiting to eat, or are they already eating, or what?

We play the game and then I do my wrap up and tell them to eat and shop and I will be around for the next 20 minutes or so to add up their orders and answer any questions. Then I clean up my stuff and go through the slips. Most are sitting doing their orders but if they aren't I will speak to them at the first opportunity, which could be check out. Then as soon as they sit down I ask them what interests them.
Better explanation?

Koolotus said:
We play the game and then I do my wrap up and tell them to eat and shop and I will be around for the next 20 minutes or so to add up their orders and answer any questions. Then I clean up my stuff and go through the slips. Most are sitting doing their orders but if they aren't I will speak to them at the first opportunity, which could be check out. Then as soon as they sit down I ask them what interests them.
Better explanation?

Thank you! Yes - that makes sense now! I was just picturing you stopping in the middle of your show to talk to a guest one-on-one, and I couldn't figure it out!:eek:

I think I may start with the 5 questions, and work my way up to the ticket game. I really like the idea of the 5 questions, and it doesn't make me as apprehensive as the ticket game.

Good, glad I could help, don't forget follow up and please post how it goes :)
xoxo

Oh - and thanks for the customer card! I've been wanting to change mine some, but couldn't find the right tone - I really like yours!

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks for that info Jenn.

Do you ever get people rolling their eyes or groaning about playing?

Do you do it throughout your show, or do you have a set amount of time that you play?

Good questions. I think it is all in how you present the game. I tell everyone they get 1 ticket for asking a question about product or booking and 2 tickets when they ask a question about my business. If it is a really excellent question I'll reward it with 3 tickets. The cool thing about the ticket game is that, if someone doesn't want to participate, they don't have to. The product isn't being passed to them or whatever. It takes that awkwardness out of the pass the product game. So, to answer your other question, I do the game throughout my demonstration, that way people are always asking questions. Often I will get guests answering the questions. When I do my show closing we count tickets and I award the cool gift.

I was doing a power cooking show yesterday and a gal told me to shake the bag. I didn't hear her so I asked her to repeat it. She stood up and did a little dance as she repeated "shake it!" She got 3 tickets even though it wasn't a questions. I told her anyone who dances and encourages me to "shake it" deserves tickets!

Make the game your own and use it to benefit your business. Let me know how it goes for you.

I forgot to tell you...the hostess gives out the tickets, so the pressure and the job is off of me to hand those out.

I did the ticket game Saturday at my first party... it went well I think, but I do need to put a time limit on it. I got 1 potential recruit and 2-3 bookings from it :)
i also have some questions a director I know uses to get people asking. She just hands out the cards and makes different people ask the questions the way she wants them asked if they aren't asking themselves. I'll find the file and post it a little later.

pckellyd said:
I did the ticket game Saturday at my first party... it went well I think, but I do need to put a time limit on it. I got 1 potential recruit and 2-3 bookings from it :)
i also have some questions a director I know uses to get people asking. She just hands out the cards and makes different people ask the questions the way she wants them asked if they aren't asking themselves. I'll find the file and post it a little later.

That would be great if yo could post the questions! - I was just working on these yesterday!

pcjenn said:
Good questions. I think it is all in how you present the game. I tell everyone they get 1 ticket for asking a question about product or booking and 2 tickets when they ask a question about my business. If it is a really excellent question I'll reward it with 3 tickets. The cool thing about the ticket game is that, if someone doesn't want to participate, they don't have to. The product isn't being passed to them or whatever. It takes that awkwardness out of the pass the product game. So, to answer your other question, I do the game throughout my demonstration, that way people are always asking questions. Often I will get guests answering the questions. When I do my show closing we count tickets and I award the cool gift.

I was doing a power cooking show yesterday and a gal told me to shake the bag. I didn't hear her so I asked her to repeat it. She stood up and did a little dance as she repeated "shake it!" She got 3 tickets even though it wasn't a questions. I told her anyone who dances and encourages me to "shake it" deserves tickets!

Make the game your own and use it to benefit your business. Let me know how it goes for you.

Thanks Jenn!

Okay, so I'm wondering if I do the ticket game, what if I did something like have "magic questions" that if they are asked, they get bonus tickets - like 5 extra, or something like that?

My magic questions would be things like:

What dates do you have available for a party?
Can I have a party next month (week, etc...)?
How do I sign up to become a consultant?
When could I get started?

Do you think that sounds too pushy or would you think that was fun?

Okay I have a question, being a newbie. I will be doing my 4th show this saturday. I have yet to get a booking off a party. I currently do the POint Game and the booking slide (which is a whole different thread on what I have concerns on about that). Does anyone think that being a newbie the ticket game would be a challenge since I don't know all the answers (and don't think I ever will) or is it a good practice to do? I really need some shows for March (I have one from my girl friend) and am hoping that I can get at least one on Saturday. Any suggestions. :)

KrisGio said:
Okay I have a question, being a newbie. I will be doing my 4th show this saturday. I have yet to get a booking off a party. I currently do the POint Game and the booking slide (which is a whole different thread on what I have concerns on about that). Does anyone think that being a newbie the ticket game would be a challenge since I don't know all the answers (and don't think I ever will) or is it a good practice to do? I really need some shows for March (I have one from my girl friend) and am hoping that I can get at least one on Saturday. Any suggestions. :)

Are you asking everybody as they come through the check out? Also are you talking about the current and next month's host special during the show?

What is the point game??

Well the last show, the hostess was a little messed up because I had to move my check out area twice. I got a chance to ask a couple of people and then three of them came at once all handed me their sheets (I think they all came together) and then left. I still have to get a hold of two people from the party as part of my CC calls but I don't want to keep leaving messages (They might think I am being a pest). One of the girls lives with her parents and definately wants to have a party but she needs to move out first. I am going to call her back at the end of April and see where she is. There is another woman that "I feel" she may want to do a party but I need to get to her before the 1st of March because I know she is going to another party on that day.

the Point game is a cute game where they use their drawings slips and write down numbers based on what I read (like they get two points for every button or 10 points if they kissed their hubbys by). They liked it but when I got to the 50 points for booking a party they all kind of either groaned or laughed (I guess I wasn't convincing enough). The people that I talked to after the party said they all had a good time and enojyed it very much. I guess I am going through my head to see what I am doing wrong so maybe the ticket game would be better. I just don't know.

Used to do the ticket game, stopped doing the ticket game, started doing the ticket game after Leadership conference this year and now LOVE the ticket game - I had 2 sign this week!

At leadership, I had the privledge of spending a lot of time with my executive director, in which to be honest - busted my chops for NOT playing the ticket game. So...I started.

I used to do it at the end of my show - a few minutes ask me anything about my job. People didn't respond well. So now, I give 11 tickets to my host at the begining of my show. I say, keep 1 ticket for yourself, and throughout the show, anytime someone asks me specifcally about my job, they get a ticket. I also say - feel free to ask me a product question - but no ticket. And people actually ask! What's even better, is all of my hosts are getting into it about half-way through my show they've been saying "I still have tickets", and then the questions start flowing again. It's great.

Okay I am going to try it this weekend. I think I will dot he 11 ticket thing then I can make them and laminate them. I also will state it at the beginning of my show. Thanks for the advice. :)

Koolotus said:
What I started after Leadership (2 recruits so far this year-need 2 more by Tuesday :) )
Ticket game:
I use the Lg Collapsible bowl and a roll of tickets. When I get there before the show I tell the host I have a job for her during the show.
When we get started I introduce myself and tell them that we are going to play an easy game throughout the show that will make everything go fast and will still let me get them all the information I want them to have.
Here's the rules:
You get 2 tickets for asking about my business
1 ticket for asking about hosting
no tickets for product questions :p
However, you will get a ticket if you do something for me so pay attention!
I then explain that our lovely host will be in charge of their tickets so it is their job to hold her accountable and make sure she doesn't pocket them.
I give a brief demo of the collapsible bowl and then hand it over to the host. I then do my show. They ask questions, we have fun! Easy-peasy.
If at any point they are not talking I point out that I am WEARING THINGS that they could ask me about.
I tell them that I did not put on my Pampered Chef Bling for me, but to help them get tickets :)
Pampered Chef Bling: Is my Leadership name tag with my name in it. Also a pin for Feeding America, HWC, I'm going to Mexico, What's your Dream? and Recruiting.
It feels like bling, it's kind of gaudy, but it works and it's funny so I wear it :)
This is FUN!!!
I am loving it, I felt like I needed to move past the 5 questions.
IMPORTANT!!
If you decide to do the 5 questions it is important to use them to follow up later. I got some of my girls from calling them after the show and saying that I saw you had a great question on the back of your slip, were you just being nosy or do you really want to know?
It was great to follow up :) That is honestly the BEST part of that game, is that you have reference for later.

Cheryl, LOVING these ideas and the idea about the bling. It reminds me of something "nutty" I'm doing. I got a neat set of MM ears from e-bay and I wear them to start my demo and I wear them until someone asks me why I have MM ears on. Then I tell them that PC is taking me to DW in 2010. I think I'll have to get all my extra "bling" out and try that too. I, like you, love to have fun at my shows and it gets goofy, but they all seem to have fun. I get bookings but not recruit leads and I am liking the 5 question thing. Even if the person who wins the prize is not interested, there may be someone there who is, but does not ask or maybe doesn't know they are even interested until they hear about the biz and that it IS for them.

Becky,

Thanks for this thread....I have a HUGE roll of tickets and now I'm learning of ways I can put them to use!!!

Cheryl, I dont' know how I missed your reply here....what a great idea! You rock...I may have to try it. I like the idea of a continual game, & love your humor.

Okay - I thought I should revisit this thread to update on what I've been doing...

First, although the ticket game seems to work for a lot of people, I just couldn't get into doing it. It just didn't fit me.

Soooo, what I am doing is the 5 questions...or at least, a variation of it.

After the demo, I have everyone take their Guest info sheet (I am using Cheryl's - just modified a tad) and fold it in half so that the blank side is showing. (top and bottom, not side to side)

On the first side, I have them number 1 - 5. I tell them it's going to be a race, and that the first one done wins a prize! They have to wait until I say go... and cheaters never win. :p Then I tell them to write down 5 things that they saw tonight, that if money wasn't a factor, they would absolutely love to have in their kitchen....GO! First one done, I have them read their list, and I comment on each item...
1. Magic Pot ....I say "Did you know that the DCB is the #1 reason people book shows? Almost all of my hosts end up getting it for free or 1/2 off!"

2. Knives..."Yes, and did you see the incredible deal with the Knife block Set? Did you know that if you host a show, you can get an entire set of Lifetime guaranteed knives for under $200! Isn't that incredible?"

3. Cookware...."Did you know that when you host in August, you can get Cookware for 60% off?"

etc....

Then, I have them flip the paper over, and on the other blank side, I have them number 1-5 again. I tell them this is the part of the show where they can be as nosy as they want to be! They can ask me any question that they would like about my business, and how I do what I do...I tell them they can even ask me money questions, and family questions - all questions are okay! GO!
I get so many good questions by doing this...and no one ever seems annoyed or threatened or anything by this.

Then, I have them open up their sheet, and we fill out the Guest Info side together. The most exciting part about this is that I have gotten at least one recruit lead at every show since I started doing this! Amazing! I was rarely getting leads before, and now my summer is riddled with bookings where the host is interested in signing! Oh - and yes, my bookings are up since doing this too!

So thanks to Cheryl, and everyone else who took the time to explain what you do and how it works. I took parts and pieces and was able to make it mine own in a way that is working GREAT for my business!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • scrappergirl7
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
scrappergirl7
  • lesliec