• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

This Biz for a College Student

In summary, my recruit recommends leaving her products in the trunk of her car or buying one of those storage trunks with a place for a lock. She recommends working more in a department store than in a PC business, since the pay is not as good. She also says that it would depend on the area she is in and the person she is.
crissy11
Gold Member
I have a recruit who is talking to her first recruit... the recruit to be is a college student who needs extra money and her concerns are: how to keep her products safe in her room and can she really make money at this versus a department store.
My suggestions for the safety was to leave them in the trunk of her car or buy one of those storage trunks that have a place for a lock. Now I am stuck on this biz versus a guaranteed paycheck from a depart. store. Any ideas??

crissy11 said:
I have a recruit who is talking to her first recruit... the recruit to be is a college student who needs extra money and her concerns are: how to keep her products safe in her room and can she really make money at this versus a department store.
My suggestions for the safety was to leave them in the trunk of her car or buy one of those storage trunks that have a place for a lock. Now I am stuck on this biz versus a guaranteed paycheck from a depart. store. Any ideas??

She would have to work a lot more in a dept. store to make what she would with one or two shows a week.

this is also more accomodating for her schedule and she can choose when to work, versus the hours when she would have to work at a department store.

Also, she wouldn't have to worry about them shorting her hours and such. She would know when her schedule is booked or when she needs to make more bookings. It's all up to her versus the store.

there is always a risk of people stealing your stuff when you live w/ other people- pc stuff or not.

about working at a store vs pc, not all department stores will work around your school schedule. and they aren't going to give you off b/c you need time to work on a term paper or study for a final. i know- i'm a student and mom and i've tried dept stores, now here i am loving pc!

Wasn't that how Jillian Eisenberg-Grant started- when she was in college? I think she mentions it in her story in the Cooking in Action DVD. Maybe you can show her that story of Jillian's and she'll feel inspired to make it work.

also, it may not be as easy as she thinks to get a job in retail right now.....

i got started my business in college. i was a junior. i lived on my own so i didnt worry about people stealing my products.

as far as a steady paycheck .. i think that it would really depend on the area shes in. i live in a populated area that doesnt only consist of other college students. but - when i attended the main campus of washington state university, it was 30,000 college students. & thats it. we were all huddled in the middle of nowhere surrounded by wheat fields. i dont see this type of business providing much of a paycheck as opposed to a retail store in that environment.

on the other hand - it could depend completely on the type of person she is.

1. What is Pampered Chef and what do they sell?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that sells high-quality kitchen tools and gadgets. Our products range from cookware and bakeware to small appliances and pantry items.

2. Can college students really make money with Pampered Chef?

Yes, college students can definitely make money with Pampered Chef. Our flexible business model allows students to work around their class schedules and earn extra income through hosting cooking shows and selling products to friends and family.

3. How much does it cost to start a Pampered Chef business?

The cost to start a Pampered Chef business is $109, which includes a starter kit with over $450 worth of products and business supplies. There are also ongoing monthly fees of $15.50 for a personal website and access to online training and support.

4. Do I need any previous sales experience to be successful with Pampered Chef?

No, you do not need any previous sales experience to be successful with Pampered Chef. Our training and support system provides all the tools and resources you need to succeed, regardless of your background or experience.

5. Can I still work for Pampered Chef if I live in a dorm or have limited storage space?

Yes, you can still work for Pampered Chef if you live in a dorm or have limited storage space. Our products are designed to be compact and versatile, and you can also offer online cooking shows to customers instead of hosting in-person events. Additionally, we offer a buyback program for any unused inventory, so you don't have to worry about storing excess products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookemomstir
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedtara
  • kdangel518
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila