• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Start the Recruiting Conversation?

In summary, the person discussing the situation has a potential recruit who has shown interest in hosting a kitchen show for their company. The recruiter has only communicated with the potential recruit through emails and phone calls, but would like to meet in person to discuss joining the company. The recruiter is unsure of how to bring up the topic without seeming pushy or solely focused on recruiting. They plan to bring a folder with recruiting information to the meeting and mention the opportunity in a casual manner. Others suggest using a personal interview and going over a recruitment booklet as a way to introduce the topic.
pamperedcheermom
I have a potential recruit in mind and would like to get in touch with her this week. She had scheduled a show with me a few months back but ended up doing a catalog show. She placed an order with me last week and she's even scheduled another show with me for May 31. She really wants to have a kitchen show rather than a catalog show so we're trying it again.
My question is...........I've never met her in person, only through emails and phone calls. She's a super nice lady and just signed on with Avon right after her catalog show. She can do both Avon and PC but how do I go about starting the conversation? I'm not trying to get her away from Avon but she loves the PC products and apparently she doesn't mind Direct Sales. So I would like to talk to her about the PC business opportunity.
We talked on the phone the other day and I told her that one day we're going to have to meet in person. I had dropped off her recent PC order and she wasn't home so I left it with her husband. She said we could go out for coffee sometime. That would be the perfect time to talk about PC but I don't want her to think that's the only reason I asked her to go.

Any ideas on how to ease into the conversation? She uses email and always responds but I wasn't sure if I should drop the line there or just call her first. I've lost my first two recruits because neither are doing anything and now they're gone off my IPT and I'm very much interested in directorship. So I need people I can depend on.;)

Perhaps bring a New Product to show her. "Being a fan of PC Products, I though you'd like to see something from the new line." This might be an "ice-breaker."

I have a folder made out for potential recruits- DVD, booklet, business card, and new consultant rewards.
I would bring her info when you meet w/ her and say "I know how much you love our products, so I brought you info on how you can make money (work from home, get out of the house, etc whatever is her motive) by working w/ these amazing products. " Tell her to look over the info and watch DVD and ask if you can set a date in the next few days to talk about things and answer any questions. (Or you could send her the info ahead of time and discuss the stuff in person when you two do meet). Also, tell her this is a perfect time to sign up b/c the new spring/summer line is available in March.
Good luck!

OK, I'm taking her out for coffee tomorrow afternoon. We've never met so I told her we need to get together since she's already had a catalog show and has another show scheduled for the end of May. So she doesn't know that I'm planning to talk to her about recruiting and has never mentioned joining PC. I don't want to scare her off by talking about it 15 min after we get there. If I take a folder with recruiting info in it she'll think that's the only reason we're there. I really do want to meet her, she seems nice over the phone and I would rather know who I'm working with when I do a show.

So how do I bring up the business without sounding like that's the only reason I'm there? I'm taking my Sales Meeting Binder so I'll have stuff in there about recruiting but just need the right time to show it.

Yes, a personal interview is way more affective. Take the web course about interviews. It talks about how to go over the come join us booklet as a great interview. That's what I've been using since Conference last summer.

1. How do I initiate a recruiting conversation with a potential candidate?

The first step in starting a recruiting conversation is to research the candidate and understand their background, skills, and interests. This will help you tailor your approach and make a more meaningful connection. You can reach out through a professional networking platform or send a personalized email highlighting why you think they would be a great fit for the role.

2. What are some effective ways to grab a candidate's attention in the initial conversation?

One effective way to grab a candidate's attention is by highlighting any unique opportunities or benefits that your company offers. You can also mention any recent achievements or exciting projects that your team is working on. Showing genuine interest in the candidate's career goals and how your company can help them achieve them can also be a great way to grab their attention.

3. How can I make the recruiting conversation more engaging and interactive?

To make the recruiting conversation more engaging, try to ask open-ended questions and listen actively to the candidate's responses. This will not only help you understand their skills and experience better but also show that you value their input and opinions. You can also share relevant information about the role and company and encourage the candidate to ask questions and share their thoughts.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when starting a recruiting conversation?

Some common mistakes to avoid when starting a recruiting conversation include sending a generic or impersonal message, not doing enough research on the candidate, and being too pushy or aggressive. It's important to approach the conversation with a genuine interest in the candidate and their career goals, rather than just trying to fill a position.

5. How do I handle rejection or disinterest from a candidate during the recruiting conversation?

If a candidate is not interested in the role or not a good fit for the company, it's important to respect their decision and thank them for their time. You can also ask for feedback on why they are not interested or if there are any areas you can improve on in your recruiting approach. This can help you make necessary adjustments for future conversations with other candidates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Oracle
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • nancycookspc