• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Biz and Disability

In summary, Pampered Chef is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment for individuals with disabilities. This includes providing accommodations, resources, and a dedicated disability inclusion team to help consultants succeed in their business. Individuals with disabilities are also welcome to become Pampered Chef consultants, and the company offers specific tools and training to support their success. Pampered Chef also promotes diversity and inclusion within the company through a dedicated team and training for employees. Lastly, individuals with disabilities are welcome to attend and participate in all Pampered Chef events and conferences, with accommodations provided to ensure accessibility.
Chefstover2
This has been something I have grappled with on and off since I started. I'll meet someone who loves our products and would be a great consultant and is actually interested in the business...BUT they're on disability and are concerned about earning too much or they'll lose their disability payments.

Has anyone had a successful resolution to this issue? I have a new consultant whose mother is interested in joining her but is on disability and has this income issue.

I've tried the "you can work as much or as little as you need to make it work" but so far that hasn't worked for me. I'd love to hear your suggestions.

TIA

I've heard this come up before too and I don't know the answer. But my question stems off of yours. Is the income that they have to stay under net income or gross income? Can all of their expenses be taken in consideration? If so, then I really don't see a problem with it - unless she becomes very successful :) If she just wants to dabble, then she can probably come up with enough expenses to offset the income.

Any accountants (or social workers) in our midst that might be able to answer? Good question Linda...I hadn't thought about the write-offs.

If I'm not mistaken you have to report to SS any income you make over $500 or $800 a month (I am not sure of the amount but it is in this range) and you have up to a year to see if the new job will last.

One of my recruits is on disablilty and has no problem possibly losing benefits, because she doesn't (and can't) do the business full time.

1. How does Pampered Chef support individuals with disabilities in their business?

Pampered Chef offers a supportive and inclusive environment for individuals with disabilities. We provide accommodations and resources to help our consultants succeed in their business. This may include accessibility accommodations, flexible scheduling, and support from our dedicated disability inclusion team.

2. Can individuals with disabilities become Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, individuals with disabilities are welcome to become Pampered Chef consultants. We believe in the potential and abilities of all individuals, and we provide the necessary support and accommodations to help them succeed in their business.

3. Are there any specific tools or training available for consultants with disabilities?

Yes, we offer a variety of tools and training to support consultants with disabilities. This includes accessible marketing materials, resources for managing time and tasks, and specialized training on how to adapt and succeed in their business.

4. How does Pampered Chef promote diversity and inclusion within the company?

Pampered Chef is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion within our company. We have a dedicated diversity and inclusion team that works to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all employees and consultants. We also offer training and resources to educate our team on diversity and inclusion topics.

5. Can individuals with disabilities still attend and participate in Pampered Chef events and conferences?

Yes, individuals with disabilities are welcome to attend and participate in all Pampered Chef events and conferences. We strive to make our events accessible and accommodating for all individuals, and we are happy to provide any necessary accommodations to make that possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mountainmama74
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mikecooks
  • ChefBeckyD