• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

at theRisk of This Person Being on This Board Too

um...concerned, then I would confront her about it. If she is rude or unprofessional, then I would leave the group.
AMTC
Gold Member
I'm on Facebook and signed up for a PC group.

There's been some turnover in admin and I got this in my FB mailbox this morning from the new one.

Doesn't PC have some policy about recruiting in this manner?

Hello Members
To members of Pampered Chef Consultants
Allison SXXXX

Add as Friend
Today at 11:15am
Reply Mary Ann stepped down as Admin...

I'm taking over!

If you are NOT a consultant you have 2 choices...

1) sign up

The Pampered Chef

my id is XXXXXX

Pay the $155 and welcome

2) leave please... this is private group for many reasons... Mark as Unread | DeleteLeave Group

Um, yeah. That is totally NOT OKAY, as far as I know!

Wow, That is brash! And yes, I think that is against the rules.

That's totally against policy - turn them in to HO. Send a screen shot to [email protected]

If it's who I think it is, confront her only if you can handle a lot of verbal abuse.

i don't agree with it, but they are trying to probably make it consultants only so as not to get in trouble with HO with all the posts that have been flying around about violations.

BTW- per a communication I had from HO this morning, even if you don't state that you're a consultant in your profile on FB (which is against policy), belonging to a public group on FB that's for consultants is against policy, as it results in the same - a list of consultants that anyone can search. (Membership here is different, because people have to pay to access membership lists, etc.)

ChefBeckyD said:
If it's who I think it is, confront her only if you can handle a lot of verbal abuse.

That's what I thought, too. And if it is that person, she is a member here.

I got that email and I thought it was rude too. When I get home (I can't get on FB at work) I'm leaving the group. I have this forum, I don't need that one too!

I just sent her a message. Don't turn her in until she's had a chance to respond and/or remove the message.

I hope the HO has better things to do than stuff like this.

ChefBeckyD said:

It is who you think it is. (i think. LOL)

Thanks all - I left the group - My PC business is too important to me to be associated with that. Not just the violations, but the rudeness was a little much for me.

So, how many have searched the name "Allison" on here? Raise your hand!!!:D

What possible benefit is there to be rude like that? I don't know who you are all talking about because I am a bit naive but I just was wondering why someone would think that kind of verbage would get you future business.

Symara said:
i don't agree with it, but they are trying to probably make it consultants only so as not to get in trouble with HO with all the posts that have been flying around about violations.

It's not so much that they are making it consultant's only, but that little bit about joining PC, under her ID, and paying $155 to start. She could have said that "due to certain policies, this group needs to change to a consultant only private group. If you are not a consultant, unfortunately, you won't be able to stay in this group." Or whatever. But putting her info, advertising recruiting in such a tacky manner--on-line is a huge NO-NO!

Oh, and it gets better, the last admin, who I think lasted 24 hours, already stated that they are in violation of PC policy because they have Pampered Chef in the name! God I love the drama! :love:

I agree, who would contact her and sign up under her after being so rude anyway. Yikes!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I agree, who would contact her and sign up under her after being so rude anyway. Yikes!

thats what i was thinking! if i was in the group just because i liked the products & had no idea any policies were being violated, i still wouldnt join under her. if i was serious about becoming a consultant, id find someone else.

babywings76 said:
It's not so much that they are making it consultant's only, but that little bit about joining PC, under her ID, and paying $155 to start. She could have said that "due to certain policies, this group needs to change to a consultant only private group. If you are not a consultant, unfortunately, you won't be able to stay in this group." Or whatever. But putting her info, advertising recruiting in such a tacky manner--on-line is a huge NO-NO!
If the person who sent the note is the person about whom I'm thinking, she once indicated here (she's not listed in the active members any more, so she let her membership here lapse) that she had her info listed on the internet even though she knew it was in direct violation of policies. HO contacted her about it, and she made accusations that members here (specifically, me) had turned her in. It was ugly.

But my point is that if it's the same person, she doesn't care that she's in violation of the policies.

:grumpy:It's her, Ann !

OH OH OH OH !!!!! I know who you are talking about!!!!!

I figured. I just joined FB this morning to get some info to HO, so I was able to search on her name and found her. :grumpy: (I'll probably be lambasted for posting this, but I hope she gets kicked out of PC for this. It's the second violation of hers that has been mentioned here, and I'm pretty sure I've found and reported others of hers within the past year or so.)

I whole-heartedly agree!

I just figured out who you were talking about! She needs to get a clue already and Ann I agree with you 100%. She is purposely doing it.

I just did a search of "Pampered Chef" on Facebook and it came up with like 500 sites - I clicked on a couple of them and they are blatently advertizing their businesses. :grumpy: That alone could keep HO busy for months!

That was one of the things that I sent HO this morning. I also suggested that HO set up a FB account so that they can search that site more effectively and see links that consultants find and report.

You know, I just have to say I LOVE Pampered Chef, but I'm sure like most of you, I CONSTANTLY fight the stigma of the Direct Selling Business.

I feel like people think I'm out to make a quick buck and I don't care about them, I'm just looking to get rich. But the truth is, I love to cook and it's only me and my husband so when I can cook with a bunch of people I enjoy it!!!! BUT when people like this come along and they are rude and offensive and contribute to giving this business and PC especially a bad name, IT REALLY TICKS ME OFF!:mad:

If she's been in violation before, then I'm sorry but she SHOULD be thrown out!

chefann said:
That was one of the things that I sent HO this morning. I also suggested that HO set up a FB account so that they can search that site more effectively and see links that consultants find and report.

Yeah, one even has the PC logo....

AMTC said:
Yeah, one even has the PC logo....

A bunch of them do. And one result has a photo of the FB member with Jean Jonas as her profile pic.

Can someone PM me and fill me in on whats going on as I am lost completly

AMTC said:
You know, I just have to say I LOVE Pampered Chef, but I'm sure like most of you, I CONSTANTLY fight the stigma of the Direct Selling Business.

I feel like people think I'm out to make a quick buck and I don't care about them, I'm just looking to get rich. But the truth is, I love to cook and it's only me and my husband so when I can cook with a bunch of people I enjoy it!!!! BUT when people like this come along and they are rude and offensive and contribute to giving this business and PC especially a bad name, IT REALLY TICKS ME OFF!:mad:

If she's been in violation before, then I'm sorry but she SHOULD be thrown out!

I so with you on this. It's hard enough to convice some guests at shows I'm not out to bombard them with stuff if they give me their address, then we see or hear about this kind of thing and it's VERY aggrivating!

Now at my shows when I go over the survey slip I tell everyone I want all of their info so I can sell it online. The looks I get are soo funny, then I explain that their info is very important to me and I wouldn't DREAM of sharing it with anyone. This helps loosen them up to share.

I know that the people who are doing these things will get it in the end. What goes around, comes around. Of course wating for the end, you know when they are suppose to 'get it', is really hard.

Ok, I got this too and why can't we just let it be and stop reporting everyone.
I kind of thought it was funny actually.
I think people are just fed up with people reporting people all the time, why can't we all just get along?? I am so sick of this, it makes me want to leave this site which I am most likely going to do.

Is there a facebook group for "fans of Pampered Chef Products?" I'd rather join that group where the general public and consultants alike could talk about the products.

Ooh, I guessed who it was too...funny thing, I actually Googled her the other day on a whim to see how much she advertised PC since she started with Dove...

BTW, don't confront her directly, she gets pissy fast and personal and doesn't care about you.She recently had some relationship changes...wonder why?

janetupnorth said:
She recently had some relationship changes...wonder why?
Rawr! (making cat clawing motion)

That was a good one, Janet! :)

merego said:
I think people are just fed up with people reporting people all the time, why can't we all just get along?? I am so sick of this, it makes me want to leave this site which I am most likely going to do.

I don't come here all that often, but when I have a question, I do because I know most people here are knowledgeable and have integrity. With all due respect, I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I don't know why you would think it was funny.

In all honesty, I won't go report her or anyone, but I can't say I'm sorry if someone does. If she is out there creating a negative image of Pampered Chef and then I come along, I'm going to have to fight the image she creates. If even one of my customers was in that group, then she just put a sour taste in that person's mouth that I'm going to have to try to change. We all know the rules and we all should have to abide by them.

merego said:

Everyone's sense of humor is different. There are things I find hilarious that others find annoying.

As for reporting people, when someone is breaking the rules, they should be alerted (in case they aren't aware). If they continue, they should be reported. The rules are there to level the playing field for all of us. Those who break the rules are making things more difficult for the rest of us.

I would hate to see you leave CS over something like this. However, to answer your question, part of the reason we can't all just get along is that some people feel the need to blatantly violate policy.

AMTC said:
I don't come here all that often, but when I have a question, I do because I know most people here are knowledgeable and have integrity. With all due respect, I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I don't know why you would think it was funny.

In all honesty, I won't go report her or anyone, but I can't say I'm sorry if someone does. If she is out there creating a negative image of Pampered Chef and then I come along, I'm going to have to fight the image she creates. If even one of my customers was in that group, then she just put a sour taste in that person's mouth that I'm going to have to try to change. We all know the rules and we all should have to abide by them.

Exactly! I don't go hunting for violators, but when I do run across them I'll usually report them. It's not fair and IMO - they are 'daring' you to do so...

chefann said:
Rawr! (making cat clawing motion)

That was a good one, Janet! :)

Didn't mean it quite like that, but I'm sure I'll hear about it in the future because she is still here...so I'm sure she'll take it in the worst possible way...just saying from past experience...

AMTC said:

These are my feelings completely, though put in a very eloquent way. Thank you.

I saw the message too & thought I recognized the name....thought it was pretty ballsy & crappy if you ask me. I'm not one to report people though; I figure there are people at HO that get paid to do that, & I have enough to do in my day than to waste my time doing it. I do think so much of this place has turned into whining & tattle-tales, so I rarely post anymore.

merego said:

I totally get where Meredith is coming from. It does get us sidetracked when we come on here to talk business and all we see is reportings. It is like in the last few weeks that is all you see with each new thread, there are more reportings. That is why I started the thread wondering how people were finding them b/c we are seeing so many of them on here.

I think HO has people paid to do this and I wouldn't do it myself. That is their job not mine.

I also think this can work both ways. Yes people need to know the rules and they need to follow them like we are suppose to. I agree with you on that. But on the other side, you could have a new consultant come on here and it could make them scared to death to do anything b/c they would be afraid if they were wrong they would get reported and get in trouble.

janetupnorth said:
Didn't mean it quite like that, but I'm sure I'll hear about it in the future because she is still here...so I'm sure she'll take it in the worst possible way...just saying from past experience...

When I checked this morning (after my initial post that she was a member), her profile didn't come up, so she's not here any more.

This is addressed at the parties who don't agree with turning rule-breakers in to HO: HO relies on us to be their eyes on the internet. As much as we would like there to be one, there isn't a team at HO whose sole job is to patrol the web. There are people who respond to violations that we send in. If you don't want to send them in, that's fine. But don't complain later if you lose business to someone who is breaking the rules.

And, yes, it seems like there have been a rash of violations lately. That's partly because it's "sample" season, when people list things that are obviously consultant-only items on the net. I attribute it also to people trying to get business going again after the holidays, and making decisions without stopping to consider the policies. If you don't like to see people commenting on them, stay out of the threads here that are likely to contain such discussions.

chefann said:
When I checked this morning (after my initial post that she was a member), her profile didn't come up, so she's not here any more.

This is addressed at the parties who don't agree with turning rule-breakers in to HO: HO relies on us to be their eyes on the internet. As much as we would like there to be one, there isn't a team at HO whose sole job is to patrol the web. There are people who respond to violations that we send in. If you don't want to send them in, that's fine. But don't complain later if you lose business to someone who is breaking the rules.

And, yes, it seems like there have been a rash of violations lately. That's partly because it's "sample" season, when people list things that are obviously consultant-only items on the net. I attribute it also to people trying to get business going again after the holidays, and making decisions without stopping to consider the policies. If you don't like to see people commenting on them, stay out of the threads here that are likely to contain such discussions.

And, I counted. There are 3 active threads regarding this subject right now....they should be pretty easy to avoid.:D

Well said Jennifer :) Thank you
and Rae, I agree with your everyone has a different sense of humor.
I think the gal on FB was just telling it like it was. I thought she was saying if you are a PC consultant sign up for this board go ahead, I didn't look at it as recruiting, so I apparantly looked at it differently as the rest of you.
Life is too short to get our panties in a wad over all this. Yes it sucks that people don't follow the rules, but it is still going to happen. I am more concerned about the crime rate or child hunger or the homeless, cancer etc.... If someone was commiting a crime, I'd report them, but I just think that this is getting out of hand.
Not everyone is going to like everyone on this site and not everyone will always agree but some people are just being down right mean lately. I'm am guilty of cattiness, I am not perfect, never calimed to be.
I was also guilty of saying I sold PC on FB ( I have since taken that off), you know why??? I didn't read word for word my agreement. I knew about the internet and didn't post my website, but I am guilty of not reading my agreement fully, so sue me, I'm sure I'm not the only one. I am proud to sell PC and I love it.
As far as people representing us in a way that could hurt us.... You know how many consultants that aren't evven on FB do that daily. I know 2 that live in my area, they give PC a horrible name and I get looked at negativley because of them. It is going to happen no matter who, what or where you are or live.
I like this site for the recipes, help and flyers. I have made some wonderful friends what I cherish and will be friends with for life, but it;s sad that this whole internet and FB thing has taken over what this site is really all about.
I realize we all have a choice and don't have to open these threads and most oof the time I don't, but since I had been reported for something I didn't do and reported for saying I sold PC on FB, I felt the need to read this thread.
Sorry if I offended anyone, I just think we all need to act like adults and get over it.

chefann said:

Ann,
I think you are an awesome person and you have given me great advice, I repsect you as a person and business person....but where in our contract does it state we have to be the "eyes" of PC.?
This just seems to be getting out of control and maybe I am taking it personally since I got reported once for something I didn't even do on an account I didn't even have, and then again for saying I sold PC.
I know it is frustrating to see, but I feel like it is out of control, that's all.
Peace...

Ann - came up for me just fine...

In fact, she was here about an hour ago...

merego said:
Ann,
I think you are an awesome person and you have given me great advice, I repsect you as a person and business person....but where in our contract does it state we have to be the "eyes" of PC.?
It doesn't state it in the contract. But I've received notes from HO thanking me for bringing violations to their attention, as have others. I don't think I have any of them saved, but I remember one stating that they do rely on consultants to do self-policing on the web.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • familymgrkendra
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Sheila