• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success for New Recruits: Balancing Loyalty and Business Growth

2nd new consultant:If I am the only one there and she signs up AFTER her show, am I covered by the company's insurance?Yes, you are covered by the company's insurance.
cookn' katie
Ok~ I just signed a new recruit that I had been working with for 3 years. She had a show last Tue. I told her that she could have her show as hers is she signed right away. She signed the day after her show. My director doesn't think i should have given her the show. Then I have a girl who is signing in 2 weeks after her next pay check. Her best friends show is the 21st. I told her if she had signed, that I would help her with the show and it could be one of her firsts. Once again, my director said that I should keep her friends show and just give her the bookings. I guess that I feel I am helping my recruits to get off to a good start. She said that I need to protect my business also. Am I to nice or what do you guys do in these kind of situations? I am having mixed feelings. I want my recuits to be excited and start out successful! Help!

If they are her friends, I'd give her the shows and the bookings - so long as she has already signed-up.

No I agree with you. Unless you are really hurting for bookings, I am all about helping out my new recruits. I want to set them up for success. YOu can take your directors advice or leave it, but it is your business!

You can do it as a kick-off show for the new recruit. YOU get the show (commission for the sales) but the recruit gets the bookings. That way you don't have a "wasted" night without getting something out of it. As for the recruit that will be signing and you have her friends' show booked - YES - let your recruit have that show. It will only help her out, keep her momentum going and keep you "assured" that she'll qualify. As for your director, I see her/his point, however it is your business and you can run it as you choose. Perhaps you should challenge yourself now to get 2 more shows on your calendar for Feb. since you are "losing" 2.

You are absolutely doing the right thing. It's her friend. I know I would be irritated if my friends family kept booking with someone else after they knew I was selling.

You are helping her build a strong foundation. I think that you keeping that booking would be detrimental to both of your businesses.

1st new consultant: If you were the consultant doing the demo you should submit it as YOUR show but I would give her any bookings since they are her friends and family. Sounds like you already told her you'd give her the show so you should but in the future let them know that they can buy down the kit with their FPV and that they get any bookings in this circumstance.

2nd consultant: Absolutely give her the best friend's show - she would cancel or not do much of a show for you anyway since she'd want to help her friend.

Some recruiters go to their new consultant's first show to give them support and to help them get bookings. This is also a fine idea.

You are doing the right thing by giving bookings from a recruit's show to the recruit. It will help her get off to a good start and, after all, who would these guests rather buy from, you (a stranger) or their friend?

I agree with what you did. I would have done the same thing. Unless the new recruit wants the kit credit, I will give the show to them.

The way it was explained to me is that the consultant who does the demo needs to be the one to submit the show (since you're getting commission on it and all).

Since the first consultant didn't sign up until the day after her show was held, you should have kept the show. I agree with giving her the bookings to help her get off on a good start.

As for the second consultant, if she signs up before that show, and does the demo (even if you're there to help), give her the show AND the bookings. If you do the demo, you keep the show.

The biggest issue you will come across is insurance. If you are the only consultant there (ie. first show where gal signed AFTER her show), you are the one who is covered if something happens. And, by our rules, whoever does the demo submits the show.

What are the key factors in balancing loyalty and business growth for new recruits?

The most important factor is to establish clear expectations for new recruits, including goals and timelines. It is also crucial to provide ongoing support and training to help them succeed. Additionally, it is important to create a positive and inclusive team culture to foster loyalty among new recruits.

How can I ensure that new recruits are successful in their Pampered Chef business?

One way to maximize success for new recruits is to provide them with a mentor or coach who can offer personalized guidance and support. It is also important to encourage them to attend training events and connect with other consultants to learn from their experiences. Furthermore, setting achievable goals and celebrating their accomplishments can help keep new recruits motivated and on track.

How can I balance my own business growth while supporting and training new recruits?

It is important to prioritize your time and delegate tasks to ensure that you can focus on both your own business growth and supporting new recruits. Utilizing tools and resources provided by Pampered Chef, such as online training and marketing materials, can also help you efficiently manage your time and support new recruits.

What are some common challenges new recruits may face, and how can I help them overcome them?

New recruits may face challenges such as feeling overwhelmed, lacking confidence, or struggling to balance their Pampered Chef business with other responsibilities. As a mentor, you can provide emotional support and encouragement, share your own experiences and tips, and help them create a manageable business plan. It is also important to remind them of the potential long-term benefits of their hard work and dedication.

How can I maintain a balance between loyalty to my team and the need for business growth?

The key is to communicate openly and transparently with your team. Let them know that while business growth is important, their success and well-being are also top priorities. Encourage open dialogue and actively listen to their concerns and ideas. Additionally, leading by example and showing appreciation for their hard work can help maintain a strong sense of loyalty within your team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • chefheidi2003
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Niki Kate