• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Contact My Potential Recruit?

In summary, the guest said she was excited about the opportunity, but then things went bad with her school and her baby and she's not able to start right now.
babywings76
Gold Member
I did a show in October and had one guest actually beat me to the punch about the business opportunity. She sounded really excited and just loves PC. I sent her home with the DVD and a brochure. Then I tried contacting her by phone a few days later. Couldn't reach her even after a few days, so I sent her an e-mail with some additional info and asked if she would like to meet and discuss things. She e-mailed me back that she just doesn't think it was a good time to get started. She had a new baby and was finishing up school and also works. She thought when the new year comes. So I contacted her then and she said things went bad in Nov and Dec. Baby had health issues and she put her schooling on hold. Now she is hoping to graduate in the spring.

I tried calling her a few weeks ago to let her know of the incentives and just to keep her "in the know", but her mother answered and said that Rachel Recruit was at work and that she didn't think she would be interested cause how busy her life is right now. I told her I understood and that I wasn't trying to pressure her, but just to keep her updated on things. Then I said also that if she really didn't want to sign on, but rather just host a show for now that there was a great host special in Jan. and Feb. Her mom said she would tell her.

So now I'm debating contacting her again. I just don't know what to say, and I don't want to seem pushy. Yet, I don't want to ignore her and have her miss a great opportunity. What would you do? Do I call again? Not knowing what her schedule is, I don't know when to reach her. She likes e-mail and so I was thinking of sending out an e-mail with info, but not sure if that's too impersonal and too much info if she's not interested. :confused:

I would keep following up with her once a month until SHE tell's you she isn't interested any longer.

How you follow up is up to you (phone/mailing/email).

I have a potential recruit who used to sell PC. I contact her every couple of weeks by email (she is on my newsletter list) with the specials. I also put the Jan/Feb New Consultant flyer in her order when I delivered it. She told me she appreciates me continuing to contact her while she "gets her life together". She is the only child of elderly parents...lives in Cleveland, TN but works in Atlanta 4 days a week and is the bookkeeper to several companies so I know she is busy right now.

you could change the approach each time - call once, then email, then mail her current promotions,etc. Once a month is sufficient. Plus you could invite her to join you a cluster meeting - the one showcasing new spring products is a great excuse!! Tell her she'll get a sneak peak at what's new before the general public!!

PartiesbyJamie said:
you could change the approach each time - call once, then email, then mail her current promotions,etc. Once a month is sufficient. Plus you could invite her to join you a cluster meeting - the one showcasing new spring products is a great excuse!! Tell her she'll get a sneak peak at what's new before the general public!!

Yeah, I think that sounds good. And our next cluster meeting should be awesome. We are all bringing different recipes that we make from the new SB, so we can sample them. We'll see the new products. And we are going to practice how to handle biz opportunity questions if you play the ticket game at your shows. (So she can hear all the answers to tough questions and everything!) Now, I wonder how I should invite her. Phone or e-mail? I need help with wording on this. Any ideas?

One great tip that I learned is when you hand them any info, set up some time to sit down with in the next 24-48 hours to go over it. That way the information and excitement is still fresh in their head.

babywings76 said:
I did a show in October and had one guest actually beat me to the punch about the business opportunity. She sounded really excited and just loves PC. I sent her home with the DVD and a brochure. Then I tried contacting her by phone a few days later. Couldn't reach her even after a few days, so I sent her an e-mail with some additional info and asked if she would like to meet and discuss things. She e-mailed me back that she just doesn't think it was a good time to get started. She had a new baby and was finishing up school and also works. She thought when the new year comes. So I contacted her then and she said things went bad in Nov and Dec. Baby had health issues and she put her schooling on hold. Now she is hoping to graduate in the spring.

I tried calling her a few weeks ago to let her know of the incentives and just to keep her "in the know", but her mother answered and said that Rachel Recruit was at work and that she didn't think she would be interested cause how busy her life is right now. I told her I understood and that I wasn't trying to pressure her, but just to keep her updated on things. Then I said also that if she really didn't want to sign on, but rather just host a show for now that there was a great host special in Jan. and Feb. Her mom said she would tell her.

So now I'm debating contacting her again. I just don't know what to say, and I don't want to seem pushy. Yet, I don't want to ignore her and have her miss a great opportunity. What would you do? Do I call again? Not knowing what her schedule is, I don't know when to reach her. She likes e-mail and so I was thinking of sending out an e-mail with info, but not sure if that's too impersonal and too much info if she's not interested. :confused:

Hopefully Rachel Recruit's mother doesn't screen all of her phone calls this much!:rolleyes:

You need to speak to the lead yourself. Who knows, maybe she is very busy but she still needs additional income. If she truly is that busy she will be hard pressed to find a part-time job that allows her to work around her personal schedule.

If she likes email, send her a quick note asking when would be a good time to chat or if you could meet her between her classes or such.

She lives one street over from me in my neighborhood, so I feel funny putting something in the mail. Too bad it isn't nicer weather. I could take the baby for a walk in the stroller and "just stop by" with some handouts for her. Her mom said that Rachel Recruit has mentioned it with her and so she was aware of things. It made me feel like maybe she had been discussing it with family and so they know her feelings on it. That's why I feel awkward calling again. I don't want it to seem like I'm harassing her. But I do think I should tell her about our next meeting. I guess I'm scared of turning her off and her telling me to back off.

babywings76 said:
She lives one street over from me in my neighborhood, so I feel funny putting something in the mail. Too bad it isn't nicer weather. I could take the baby for a walk in the stroller and "just stop by" with some handouts for her.

Her mom said that Rachel Recruit has mentioned it with her and so she was aware of things. It made me feel like maybe she had been discussing it with family and so they know her feelings on it. That's why I feel awkward calling again. I don't want it to seem like I'm harassing her. But I do think I should tell her about our next meeting. I guess I'm scared of turning her off and her telling me to back off.

I think as long as you don't over inundate her with information you will be fine. If at some point she does tell you no she isn't interested any longer, then you can cross that off as one of the ten leads you need for someone to sign. (I have heard for every ten lead your work with, one will sign.)

You are asking for opinions, so here is mine for what it is worth. I would Print off the promo for new recruits. On the back I would write her a nice note letting her know that you are mailing this to her to keep her informed of what's going on in PC-land. I would also invite her to attend that meeting giving her time date & location, with directions. Then I would let her know that she can email you if she wants to chat or come to the meeting and that you will give her a call the day before to remind her about it. Be understanding that she is busy and acknowledge that PC and you may not be at the top of her priority list but that she is important to you and that you do not mind at all following up and keeping her in the know! Good luck and let us know what you do.

Koolotus said:
You are asking for opinions, so here is mine for what it is worth. I would Print off the promo for new recruits. On the back I would write her a nice note letting her know that you are mailing this to her to keep her informed of what's going on in PC-land. I would also invite her to attend that meeting giving her time date & location, with directions. Then I would let her know that she can email you if she wants to chat or come to the meeting and that you will give her a call the day before to remind her about it. Be understanding that she is busy and acknowledge that PC and you may not be at the top of her priority list but that she is important to you and that you do not mind at all following up and keeping her in the know! Good luck and let us know what you do.

I think this is a GREAT idea!:thumbup:

Once a month is good. I hosted a show in October and I never expressed interest in the business, but my consultant thought I would be good at it, and updated me once a month. I finally signed in February when we had the 3 pieces of forged cutlery promotion. Just keep at it and keep varying your approach and she eventually might. But yeah, until she tells you no, you're not being pushy.

Here's an update on this potential recruit:I BLEW IT!I procrastinated in inviting her because I was too big of a chicken. So now with all this exciting news: new season, great products, new recipes, rebate in March for the Kit, etc. I thought I'd call her and see how she's doing. I debated just sending her an e-mail including that great brochure HO has for us now, but thought I'd call her so I would gauge how she feels about things and could answer questions. Well, I called her and reached her (wow!) and asked how things were going, mentioned how she was interested in the business in the past and to see if that was something she was still contemplating. She then told me how because her baby had a lot of health issues it put her behind in school. So she is still working on her thesis and should be done in May. She said that to be honest she doesn't want to start up until the economy starts to turn around (I so know the answer to that objection, but I held my tongue for some strange reason I was paralyzed.) She said there was no way she was going to ask people to spend money if they can barely put food on their table. She wants me to keep her informed and then maybe in June she'll think about it. I just acted all polite and told her I understand and that I'll keep her posted (thinking to myself...Say something!!!! I'm still getting hosts, people are still buying, etc, etc, etc). But alas, no such words left my mouth. I totally blew it. Here HO made a great flyer and it addressed this whole topic so well, I should've just sent her that, then followed up with a call. Ugg. :(

Still send her that. There is also a good article in March's CN that addresses that!

I am debating sending it still. Will it be beating a dead horse? She seems really set on how she felt. That was another reason why I didn't say anything, I think, because of her tone and how doom and gloom she sounded. Hard to put in words.

What is the reply when someone says about the economy??? I don't know for sure! I know that PC can help prepare healty, nurtrisious meals under 2.00 ...

1. Should I contact my potential recruit even if they haven't expressed interest in the position?

It depends on your specific recruitment strategy and the nature of the position. If it is a highly competitive role and you want to ensure you have a wide pool of candidates, it may be worth reaching out to individuals who have not expressed interest. However, make sure to clearly outline the position and why you think they would be a good fit before contacting them.

2. Is it appropriate to contact a potential recruit through social media?

It can be appropriate to reach out to a potential recruit through social media, but make sure to do so in a professional manner. Avoid sending personal messages and instead use a platform like LinkedIn to send a professional introduction and outline your reasons for reaching out.

3. Should I contact a potential recruit if they have already applied for the position?

If a potential recruit has already applied for the position, it is not necessary to contact them separately unless you have specific questions or need more information from them. However, if you do decide to reach out, make sure to acknowledge their application and provide additional information that may be helpful to them.

4. What is the best way to contact a potential recruit?

The best way to contact a potential recruit is through a professional email or LinkedIn message. Avoid cold calling or sending unsolicited messages through social media. Make sure to clearly state who you are and why you are reaching out, and provide a way for them to respond if they are interested.

5. Is it necessary to contact a potential recruit before the interview process?

It is not necessary to contact a potential recruit before the interview process, but it can be beneficial to do so. This allows you to establish a connection and build interest in the position before the interview. However, make sure to respect their time and avoid excessive communication before the interview.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Doodlbug329