• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Miss Out on a Potential Recruit by Not Asking?

In summary, Melissa is considering a different DS company after being approached by one. She is worried about her start up costs, but is also interested in PC. She is considering both sides and wants to know more about it.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
OK, I have to get this out there so you all can learn from my mistake :(

I had a recruit lead from the time I pretty much started my business. She is VERY shy and currently sold Southern Living. I was worried about pressuring her and scaring her off. So I never officially asked. (she also was planning a wedding that was this past fall.)

She had hinted twice, and at the last show she was at I asked her about taking the DVD home and she did, but said she would not be signing up. I never followed up. WHY? I don't know why I didn't :(

Anyhow, fastforward to me FINALLY asking her to meet me for an interview 2 days ago, and she told me she was just approached by a skin care DS company and she is seriously considering that. She said she is just trying to figure out what she is compassionate about.... grrr.... she could/would have been compassionate about PC if I just hadn't dropped the ball!!

SO, LESSON: ASK EVERYONE, GO ask any leads you have! Please do not make the same mistake I did. Blah. I want Disney SOO bad! What was my problem!?!?!

If she is still "considering" what she is passionate about, tell her you understand, and you want her to make a well informed decision. In order to make that "informed" decision, ask if she will meet with you so that you can provide her with our PC career plan. I think what PC has to to offer as far as income, support and incentives FAR outweighs any other DS company. Don't give up yet. I think if you show her what PC has to offer, she'll at least understand why you want to offer her this opportunity.

I agree with Laura. Don't give up and ask her to meet with you.

Plus, if she feel passionate about BOTH, then she can look at earning potential. I would think PC has a lot more. She can host for skin products :).

Plus, I think our products are easier to sale. You can git skin products at the Dollar Store.:D

jrstephens said:
Plus, I think our products are easier to sale. You can git skin products at the Dollar Store.:D
Some people say the same thing about PC though, so I might not really use that line. You could say that PC appeals to everyone-- not just women who are interested in quality makeup. Also, I'm not sure which DS company she is considering, and I don't mean to bash, but I had a friend who got burned really bad with her attempt at selling Arbonne (it was just a huge investment upfront and it didn't end up being a good fit for her, so she was left with a lot of debt.)

Melissa: Don't beat yourself up about it; learn from it. I have done it also and lost 2 in my first year to TS because I didn't ask. We live and learn.

im with everyone else. dont give up yet...

I had a lady tell me today that PC was too expensive. I gave her the $10 Walmart shirt vs. $40 Penney's shirt comparison. I smiled and thanked them but said you could buy a lot of $10 "shirts" in the 5-10 years that $40 shirt would last, comparing it to the "last cookware or cutlery you ever buy because it's lifetime guaranteed".

She won't have to maintain an inventory with PC- unlike many of the cosmetic companies- so her costs would be less. If you at least tell her how PC works, she'll have both sides to consider.

babywings76 said:
Some people say the same thing about PC though, so I might not really use that line. You could say that PC appeals to everyone-- not just women who are interested in quality makeup. Also, I'm not sure which DS company she is considering, and I don't mean to bash, but I had a friend who got burned really bad with her attempt at selling Arbonne (it was just a huge investment upfront and it didn't end up being a good fit for her, so she was left with a lot of debt.)

It's funny that the entire time I'm hearing mention of a cosmetic company, I was thinking of Arbonne...I know someone who just started and can not BELIEVE her start up costs. She's talking of doing PC, too, once she gets settled with Arbonne. But I know she has about $500 in it so far, and although she gets 35% commission, she is reinvesting it so she has products to demo. Plus, they don't earn free stuff:) I make sure to tell her when I earn free stuff--she'll sign in time, I know. I think she'll soon realize that it'll be more difficult to sell cosmetics in the long run, than PC.

something to consider, she used the word compasionate (?). That is a clue. Last year at NC the Directors were treated to a workshop on different personalities. The point of this workshop is you have to tap into their style. Just based on what you have said so far, I'm going to take a guess at "Relater". Here are the strategies for relater: talk warmly and informally; focus on building trust. Explore their work and relationship needs, ask tactful, open-ended questions. Emphasize harmony, safety, teamwork. Provide direction and assurance, make collaborative decisions. To get a decision, give personal assurances that you will be there to help every step of the way.
The point of the workshop was, different types need different material to make decisions,
this strategy would totally turn off other personality types.

pjpamchef said:
something to consider, she used the word compasionate (?). That is a clue. Last year at NC the Directors were treated to a workshop on different personalities. The point of this workshop is you have to tap into their style. Just based on what you have said so far, I'm going to take a guess at "Relater". Here are the strategies for relater: talk warmly and informally; focus on building trust. Explore their work and relationship needs, ask tactful, open-ended questions. Emphasize harmony, safety, teamwork. Provide direction and assurance, make collaborative decisions. To get a decision, give personal assurances that you will be there to help every step of the way.
The point of the workshop was, different types need different material to make decisions,

WOW! She is an old HS friend of mine, and you have it right on! How did you pick that out of one word she used? I think I need to learn about this stuff! Thanks. I will think about that.

pjpamchef said:

Can you give us more about the personalities? I think everyone could benefit from this!!

What is "Don't Make My Mistake...."?

"Don't Make My Mistake...." is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that features a collection of delicious recipes and helpful cooking tips.

Who is the author of "Don't Make My Mistake...."?

The author of "Don't Make My Mistake...." is a team of experienced chefs and food experts from Pampered Chef. They have carefully curated and tested each recipe to ensure delicious results.

What types of recipes are included in "Don't Make My Mistake...."?

"Don't Make My Mistake...." includes a variety of recipes ranging from appetizers and main dishes to desserts and side dishes. There are also plenty of vegetarian and gluten-free options available.

Can I use "Don't Make My Mistake...." with my Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! "Don't Make My Mistake...." is designed to work seamlessly with Pampered Chef products, making it easier to create delicious meals in your own kitchen.

Where can I purchase "Don't Make My Mistake...."?

"Don't Make My Mistake...." is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also find it at select retail locations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Chef Bobby
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • PCJenni