• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Would You Respond?(Potential Recruit)

In summary, the customer has had a past host who has been a great customer and has referred people to her outside of shows. She just had baby #2 and is now back to work, but has expressed an interest in returning to the business. The past host has a hard plastic handle on her micro-scraper that cracked, so she is considering warranty coverage. The customer would like to just ask the past host if she is interested in returning to work, but is worried about assuming.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have a past host - who has been a great customer, and has referred people to me outside of shows, etc....
We've talked in the past about her becoming a consultant, and while she has expressed some interest, it was always "ask me later when my son is older". Now, she just had baby #2, and I know she has a beautiful new house, and that she has a job that pays very well...but then she just sent me this email (and the bolded part is mine)...

Just a quick note while I get the chance. Hope you are well. We’ve been well, too busy of course. I’m in the last 3 wks of my maternity leave, then a return to work full-time. Bitter-sweet feelings about this.

I purchased the micro-scraper this past fall and it is now broken: The hard plastic handle cracked at the point of attachment to the silicone head. According to the book, this item may be under warranty. Just want to verify and then proceed. Thanks a bunch.

How would you approach this?

I would just say something about that you have talked about the business before and that if she doesn't want to return to work, it sounds like this may be a great time for her to consider the business again.

I would approach the fact that now with the new career plan, it is even easier than before to match her current income with the PC business!

I quit my (very) decent paying job after the birth of my first child. I would have done it either way. But I had dreams and hopes when I first signed with PC to replace my income with PC. I did the math and realized it would take A LOT for me to do so. Now with the new career plan I feel re-energized and like it is much more possible, would take less time and work to do so.

To start though, I would be casual... like "Maybe now is the time to talk about starting your PC business?" The ask her just to meet you for an interview so that you can share the new career plan with her. Good luck!

Call her up - say "remember that conversation we had about PC......." then go from there

She didn't say she wanted to quit... she said it was bitter sweet! There is probably a small part of her that is looking forward to going back. Leaving your job is a huge thing.... I would talk about her giving PC a try for a few months....then maybe evaluate where she is in April...or where she is headed. I think if you start it with her not wanting to go back to work you will lose her. JMHO.

PCMelissa said:
She didn't say she wanted to quit... she said it was bitter sweet! There is probably a small part of her that is looking forward to going back. Leaving your job is a huge thing.... I would talk about her giving PC a try for a few months....then maybe evaluate where she is in April...or where she is headed. I think if you start it with her not wanting to go back to work you will lose her. JMHO.

Yes - that was what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure she enjoys her job...I know she enjoys the people she works with. (I've observed them at parties.)

She booked her show at the first PC show she'd ever been to, and even at that show, she told me she might be interested "some day".

I just don't want to assume either way. I guess I should just ask. I learned a good lesson again about never assuming. At our regional meeting last Saturday, a man demoed the new lasagna recipe....and in his demo, he told us all he was a retired police officer! Now he is a director w/ PC! And with the new program he will be an AD!

I don't know if her job is the kind that she could cut back on hours or what, but if it is, then she could get started with PC and slowly grow into it and possibly phase out of her career. I know one thing that sounded strange to me when I was contemplating the biz, was the line that you'll have more time for your family. I thought, well that doesn't really make sense because shows are during the evening and on weekends and that's my family time. So if she works during the day, she may not want to do PC in the evenings and be away from her baby even more. If you do this enough so that you have a good income and can then quit your job and do this, well then I understood how then it would mean more family time--cause then you'd be home with the kids during the day and after school hours. KWIM? So maybe it's something that she could start and gradually build up?

Becky, knowing the relationship that you have with your customers I would trust YOUR gut on this one. Of course, you want to offer the opportunity but I think you will also be able to get more when you chat with her on the phone.

I'd call to invite her to coffee/sandwich or something.

Remember our conversation about starting your own Pampered chef business? Many new moms have celebrated the births of their new babies while maintaining a successful Pampered Chef business that allows them the flexibility to earn the income they need while still staying home as much as they want. I strongly encourage you to give it a try. What have you got to lose? It's worth a shot to have your hopes and dreams come true, isn't it? Start off slow and build your business. Find out what schedule works best for you and your family, we can brainstorm to find out how many shows you'll need a week to earn the same income you are used to having right now, and start asking friends, and family if they would host a show for you so that you'll be comfortable around people you know as you practice your shows! Start your business off with a bang and a plan! Remember the decision is ultimately up to you and I am here to answer any of your questions or concerns as you consider this. Congratulations on your new baby!

And of course don't forget her spatula. It's true that most shows are done in the evenings and weekends which is normally family time but I think it's possible to have shows in the morning as well and on whatever evenings and weekends you choose. I know a very successful director who plans her shows on certain evenings of the week (Mon - Thurs.) but not on Friday which is family night. And every other Saturday only but no Sundays. She has always excelled at her business and reaching her monthly goals for income. So it can be done and since it is our business, we can be as flexible as we want. I mean if there are extra incentives or special promotions going on that week we can add more shows or if we are planning a vacation we take time off.

I know after giving birth the past two pregnancies while a PC consultant (I'm due again in Aug. with #6) I plan accordingly with catalog shows. And that way I can take as much time off with my new baby as I want and still stay active. When I had my gall bladder surgery, it was not planned so I had to ask for a temporary leave for health reasons but it all worked out!

Debbie :D

1. How would you respond if I asked about the salary or benefits for this position?

As a potential recruit, I understand that salary and benefits are important factors in your decision-making process. At this time, I am not able to provide specific details about the compensation package for this position. However, I can assure you that we offer competitive salaries and benefits that are in line with industry standards.

2. How would you respond if I expressed concerns about the company culture or work environment?

Firstly, thank you for expressing your concerns. As a potential recruit, it is important for you to know that our company values a positive and inclusive work culture. We strive to create a supportive and collaborative environment for all employees. Our company also regularly conducts employee satisfaction surveys to address any concerns and make improvements as needed.

3. How would you respond if I asked about opportunities for growth and advancement within the company?

We understand the importance of career growth and development for our employees. Our company offers various training and development programs, mentorship opportunities, and promotes from within whenever possible. We also encourage our employees to take on new challenges and responsibilities to support their professional growth.

4. How would you respond if I inquired about the company's stance on work-life balance?

Maintaining a healthy work-life balance is a key priority for our company. We understand the importance of personal time and strive to ensure our employees have a manageable workload and flexible working arrangements. We also offer various wellness programs and resources to support our employees' overall well-being.

5. How would you respond if I asked about the company's diversity and inclusion initiatives?

Diversity and inclusion are core values at our company. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace where all employees feel valued and respected. Our company has various initiatives in place to promote diversity and equality, including diversity training programs, employee resource groups, and diversity hiring practices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • chefkugler
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
amy07
  • cathyskitchen