• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Money, No Problem: Helping Someone Start a Business

In summary, the conversation discusses a person who wants to start their own business but is currently broke. Suggestions are given such as saving money, having a garage sale, hosting a show, finding an investor, and asking for loans. It is also mentioned that if the person truly wants to start their own business, they will find a way to make it happen. It is also recommended to not buy the business kit for the person and to encourage them to take ownership in their business. The conversation concludes with a personal experience of a similar situation and the realization that the person did not truly want to work the business.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I had a previous host contact me through my website. There is a first for everything LOL. Anyway, she put that she is interested in starting her own business, but is broke as a joke and wants to know what her other options, no cc's and family is as broke as she is.
I can't actually talk to her for a few days (no voice), so I wanted to have my thoughts straight before I talk to her.
What would you say???

Ask her if she can save $25 a week for the next 6 weeks.Have a garage sale and sell some items.She can host a show and get it as low as $115.

See if she has someone that would "invest" in her business. Buy the kit for her now, get the $$ back with her first check and some kind of bonus (ie: a product they want)

If she REALLY wants to do it, she will find a way!

I wouldn't buy the kit for her...she needs to take some ownership in her business. My thoughts and feelings are it will mean more to her to know she did it all on her own. My upline said she purchased several kits at several times for those who couldn't afford it and always got burned. (I asked her about doing this to help someone out once too).

She can ask for loans from family and friends...a few dollars here and there can add up. Like wadesgirl said...garage sales or craigslist, save a little each week...I also think there are websites people can go to ask for loans. I'm not sure what they are, but it is a loan from a person not a bank, and the 2 parties involved work out the repayment plan. I believe it more on the "good faith plan". I saw something about it several months ago on one of the national evening news...maybe through Google you or she could find it.

maybe you could give her some catalogs to get some catalog shows together. Then when those are ready to submit, she could do her agreement with "borrowed" money from her own personal budget, knowing that the money would be back in 1 week with her first commission.
I agree with the others, if she really wants it she will find a way.

I just had the same conversation last night with a lead. She was complaining that her DH just lost his job, and such. So when we talked about how this could help her and her family, then she pulled the "I'm too busy". I quickly realized that she didn't WANT TO WORK this business.

1. How can I support someone who wants to start a business but has no money?

There are several ways you can help someone start a business without money. You can offer to invest in their business or provide a loan. You can also help them brainstorm cost-effective ways to start their business, such as using social media for marketing or networking with other entrepreneurs for resources. Additionally, you can offer your skills or services to help them get their business off the ground.

2. Is it possible to start a successful business without any initial capital?

Yes, it is possible to start a successful business without any initial capital. While having money can certainly make things easier, there are many creative and low-cost ways to start a business. With determination and resourcefulness, someone can start a business with little to no money and still achieve success.

3. What are some common challenges for someone starting a business with no money?

Some common challenges for someone starting a business with no money include limited resources, difficulty securing funding or loans, and a lack of credibility or trust from potential customers or investors. There may also be financial strain and stress for the individual trying to start the business.

4. Can you recommend any resources or programs for aspiring entrepreneurs with no money?

Yes, there are resources and programs available for aspiring entrepreneurs with no money. Some options include small business grants, crowdfunding platforms, and business incubators or accelerators. Additionally, there are many online resources and communities that offer advice and support for starting a business with little to no money.

5. How can I help someone stay motivated and focused while starting a business with no money?

Starting a business with no money can be challenging and discouraging at times. To help someone stay motivated and focused, you can offer your support and encouragement, remind them of their goals and strengths, and celebrate their achievements along the way. You can also help them stay organized and on track by creating a realistic timeline and action plan for their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
heather223
  • SillyChef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
SillyChef
  • mountainmama74