• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosted My Own Show: A Disaster Turned Into a Treasure - Read My Story!

In summary, hosting your own show can be a nerve-wracking experience, as one host found out when she forgot to turn on the oven, burned the food, and didn't have any samples or important details ready. However, her guests were understanding and supportive, and she was able to turn the situation around by being honest and transparent. She recovered by taking a deep breath, apologizing, and starting over with extra samples and detailed explanations. From this experience, she learned the importance of preparation, honesty, and always having a backup plan. Despite the initial disaster, she would highly recommend hosting a show to others as it can be a fun and creative way to engage with customers and showcase great products.
Get_Pampered
Gold Member
So last night I hosted my own show at my house and only one person showed up!! I really didn't host-coach myself very well :blushing: Sounds like a total disaster, right? Well, actually, she and I had a good time cooking together and she has booked a show and she took home recruiting material for her boyfriend who was sad he couldn't come (other plans) b/c he is very interested in the opp. And, 3 of her co-workers want to come to her show to learn about the biz since they are all getting laid off in March. YIPPEE! I really didn't care about sales on this one - I just wanted to stimulate some February bookings and maybe a recruit lead and holy moly! I cannot wait for her show!:D

Just wanted to share this since somethings that appear awful hold treasures when you look harder!:balloon:

Good Job!!!! Sounds like you had a fantastic evening!!!!

great way to be positive about it too! I will NEVER cancel a show with low attendance for that very reason! I once had a show with just the host and her neighbor - they both signed! Good luck on your leads!!!

1. How did hosting your own show turn into a disaster?

As a host, I was so nervous and unprepared that I forgot to turn on the oven for my demonstration and burned the food I was supposed to be cooking. In addition, I forgot to mention important details about the products and didn't have any samples for guests to try. It was a disaster from start to finish.

2. What made this disaster turn into a treasure?

Despite the mishaps, my guests were incredibly understanding and supportive. They laughed along with me and encouraged me to keep going. I was able to turn the situation around by being honest and transparent with them. They appreciated my authenticity and ended up placing orders for products, making it a successful show in the end.

3. How did you recover from the disaster and salvage the show?

I took a deep breath, apologized for the mistakes, and started over. I made sure to turn on the oven this time and had extra samples ready for guests to try. I also took the time to explain the products in detail and answer any questions they had. By being open and transparent, I was able to turn the disaster into a fun and engaging show.

4. What lessons did you learn from this experience?

I learned the importance of preparation and attention to detail. I also learned that it's okay to make mistakes and that being honest and transparent with customers can actually strengthen relationships. Additionally, I learned to always have a backup plan in case of any mishaps during a show.

5. Would you recommend hosting your own show to others?

Absolutely! Hosting your own show is a great opportunity to engage with customers and showcase amazing products. It's also a chance to have fun and be creative. Just make sure to be prepared and have a positive attitude, even if things don't go as planned. You never know, a disaster could turn into a treasure like it did for me!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kaceyleigh2
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefrebecca
  • kcmckay
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • cincychef