• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help with Recruiting for Your SSM2 Team? Learn How to Get Started Here!

D
Daventray
I am in ssm2 and I think I would like to start building my team. I just really don't know where to start. There are so many guidelines for website usuage and linking I am a little gun shy. I wanted to run an ad in the local paper but read on another thread that people had tried and it didn't result in any leads, but cost alot of $$. I am in RI and this seems to be a very competetive area for PC. Tons of Consultants. But like my director says alot more kitchens... I feel a little overwhelmed I guess but still love PC! ;)

Daventray said:
I am in ssm2 and I think I would like to start building my team. I just really don't know where to start. There are so many guidelines for website usuage and linking I am a little gun shy. I wanted to run an ad in the local paper but read on another thread that people had tried and it didn't result in any leads, but cost alot of $$. I am in RI and this seems to be a very competetive area for PC. Tons of Consultants. But like my director says alot more kitchens... I feel a little overwhelmed I guess but still love PC! ;)
Just show how much you love what you do. Share it at your shows. ASK everyone (don't prejudge anyone) if they want to have the opportunity you have. Speak from your heart and they will want to be on your team! Also, remember that only 1 in 10 will be interested so don't be discouraged. Keep on loving your job and telling others!

Thank You!Thank You for being positive! Has anyone ever done flyers at the grocery store or chamber of commerce? If so do you have a word file as example?
And do you post them for bookings or team building or both?

a fellow RI'er!First of all congrats on your business, and deciding to build your team. :) I have been doing PC now for over 3 yrs, and really enjoy it. I just recently decided to grow my team also! You just need to remember that every person is a whole new circle of contacts. Even though it may seem RI is a small state, you would be surprised at the number of people I have come in contact with who never heard of PC! :cool: Good Luck and welcome! Maybe our paths will cross one day.

Sherrie
~Independent Kitchen Consultant

Recruiting is a personal touchI think you'll find your most effective recruiting is through personal contact. Flyers, websites and ads are fine but the reality is that most people are recruited through personal contact with a consultant. Be careful not to sink to much time and/or money into advertising (in newspapers, flyers posted in stores, etc.). Not that there's anything wrong with it, and I know people have had some success, but if you put the same focus and energy into customer care, host coaching, and doing shows, you'll have better results overall. You will also find that people you recruit through shows or other personal contact will tend to be stronger consultants as there is a relationship building there. This is a major relationship business -- don't underestimate that power.

As a new recruiter, start with the materials HO provides and do what they say! Use teleclasses, past conf workshop CD's & training tapes, your Recipe for Success manual, etc. There are wonderful resources from HO and successful recruiters within our company -- if you listen to one of the past Circle of Honor achievers in recruiting, I've never heard any of them say their strength in recruiting was a newspaper ad or mailing. It is always their connection with people and FOLLOW-UP! :D

RecruitingI started PC one year ago, and thought that it would be a hobby. I really didn't want to do a lot with it. However, a year later, I have 8 consultants below me! Two have been recruited by personal recruits and 6 of my own. I am still waiting for all to qualify so I can promote to driector, but it is so exciting! The true secret is ENTHUSIASM. If you truly love the products, and love what you do, and have FUN all the time, then others will see it and they will want to do it too. This is an extremely easy business, (in that I mean uncomplicated). Open a box and all you need to add is enthusiasm! We have great products, our consultants earn great margins, and the best thing of all is the other consultants. I have never worked with such caring and sharing individuals! That is how I have made a team in a year!
Wishing you the best!
John

You've already taken the first step!Just deciding to grow your team is a very powerful first step! Think about why you decided to join and realize there are a lot of people out there just like you. Yes, there's a lot of info involved, but people are attracted to people. If you know it's fun and exciting, share that with others, and they'll want to join you. Don't worry about the whole website policy thing. The website is not what builds your business - you do that! It's the enthusiasm and sincerety that builds your team, and the more people you can share with, the faster your team will grow. I'm a big believer in goal-setting. Ask your Director how to do that, set some goals, and good luck!

Thanks For the Great Advice!I have since started recruiting and have signed my second recruit as of this morning! Thanks for your advice! Heres to becoming a FD!

:D

Another RIerHi Tracy,

Just wanted to say congratulations and hello from another RIer. (Warwick!)

I am in SS2 and have yet to sign anyone. I am trying though! LOL!

I have a friend who used to live in Pennsylvania and she said PC was WAY more saturated there. So really I think we are lucky. I did a party on Saturday with 14 guests and only one had ever done a PC party before! (A roomful full of PC Virgins! Made for some low sales numbers, but got some bookings from it!)

Anyway,

I'd love to hear from you offline if you feel like chatting.

My email is [email protected]

1. How can I start building my team for SSM2?

The first step in building your team is to make a list of potential recruits. This could include friends, family members, coworkers, and acquaintances. Reach out to them and share your excitement about SSM2. You can also use social media to reach a larger audience.

2. Are there guidelines for using websites and links for recruiting?

Yes, there are guidelines for using websites and links for recruiting. It is important to follow these guidelines to ensure that you are not violating any policies or regulations. You can find these guidelines on the official SSM2 website or by contacting your SSM2 mentor.

3. Is it worth it to run an ad in the local paper for recruiting?

While some people have had success with running ads in local papers, it may not always be the most effective method. It can be expensive and may not generate many leads. It is important to weigh the cost versus potential benefits before deciding to run an ad.

4. How can I stand out in a competitive area for PC?

One way to stand out in a competitive area is to focus on your unique selling points and strengths. What sets you apart from other consultants in the area? You can also try reaching out to potential recruits through more personal methods, such as hosting a cooking demonstration or inviting them to a Pampered Chef party.

5. How do I overcome feeling overwhelmed while trying to build my team?

Remember that building a team takes time and effort. It is important to stay positive and focus on your goals. Reach out to your director or fellow consultants for support and advice. You can also break down your goals into smaller, manageable tasks to help make the process less overwhelming.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ldynred7
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • mrslulu2012