• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recommended Products to Beef up Kit?

In summary, the list of products for new consultants to buy early in their careers is great but caution should be taken in some of the items. The list should be given to directors to better advise their new recruits.
susanr613
Gold Member
Hi -

I just got off the phone with some recruit leads that are starting in January. I tried to put myself in their shoes and one idea was to send them a list of products to buy early in their careers, based on what we use most often at shows.

Please take a look and let me know if you'd add/edit/delete....

Thanks!

Attachments

• Recommended products for the new consultant.doc
    39 KB · Views: 484
Thanks! That helps me as well!

It's a great list but I would honestly be careful with this list. As great as those products are, you don't want to scare away a new consultant too early. Some of the items were over whelming as purchases (12" skillet and other expensive items). It might be a great list to give someone who just finished their 90 days rather than just starting the business. PC provides us with a great consultant kit that has a lot of products to do great recipes from the start.

• If someone who promised to book from your show does so in February, you get 60% off a product
Consultant's don't get the booking benefit

I started my business with a kick-off show and I asked my director what she would recommend I get to help my business (I had a lot of PC before starting) and she said to get the round platter and the stoneware fluted pan. It was awesome advice!! I still use them a ton at my shows and always get WOW's from those cakes and other suggestions for that stone (the platter has now changed to the SA round plate...).

When I started we got the bonus products instead of PC$$ so I got the can opener, TTA, etc. during that time.

I would give them suggestions but stress that they don't have to buy anything at all to be able to do their business - the kit gives them all they need to show all our lines. If they feel the need to get more they can use their PC$$ on kit enhancement month to get the best deal - also have them look ahead to monthly host specials and host their own show to get the 60% off deals - can't do better than that (only they can't use PC$$).

Your list is good but I would change the large dots bowl to the small bowl or the tri-bowl. It is good to have a bowl but I like to carry something lighter to show the dots. They could use the trifle bowl for most recipes if they get that.

Good idea! I think this list should be sent to all directors to better advise their new recruits. I would , however, take off the quick stir pitcher and the dots large round bowl. I am a relatively new consultant (6 months) and have never used either. I do however use the Dots medium bowl as it is easier to transport and holds about the same. The large bar pan can be used for most anything that a round stone can be used for and alot of hosts have a round stone should the need arise. I would like to add the stainless bowls rather than the small batter bowl as they can be used for transport, storage and are light! Also as many seasonings and rubs as possible - and maybe a grinder.:D

I disagree with the large round bowl and the quick stir pitcher, I love both, and use them all the time, at home and at shows!

Products will only be a good investment for the business if you are willing to incorporate them into your shows. As a beginner, I want EVERYTHING, but right now I'm consentrating on what I would use at home a lot too. If I don't think I'll use it at home, why would I use it at shows? (unless the hostess chooses a recipe for it, and I offer only recipes where I have the products to correctly complete them)

A lot of what should be shown should be what the consultant loves the best -- it will be easier to sell something you love yourself. When I began, every couple months I added up to 50% of what I made on one show to add to my kit, plus took advantages of specials the host didn't want.

I would only give this list to consultant's who ask you for advice on what stuff they may want to get. I don't think I'd give it to them automatically. They might feel like, "Whoa, I've got to get this stuff too, to be successful?!"I know when I was new, I asked my recruiter/director what stuff she thought I would wish I had when I was doing shows, so she told me some things. The bigger ticket items, she didn't really mention. I like how you give them ideas to go along with it. That is a good thing to share, but it may just be all in the timing and how you present it.

I agree with most of your list.

Some of the less expensive things from your list that are great having:
The Mix N Chop, Color Coated Bread Knife (over the tomato knife), a Bamboo Set, TTA (if only for carrying all the gadgets to and from shows as having it probably doesn't help sell it), Citrus Press (or the juicer), rubs & spices (SW, Dill, Italian, BBQ, Sprinkles, Chipotle, Greek and Jerk seem to be used a lot in the recipes).

If I remember to bring some cookbooks, I almost always sell a few.

I have never used the DCB at a show and it barely fits in my microwave and is too heavy for it to rotate. I need a new microwave!

The one best investment I have made (besides the cookware) is the Stainless Steel Bowls! I originally bought them since they were so much lighter then the Batter Bowls. But I LOVE them and I believe I have gotten atleast 2 bookings in the past 6 months because of them (the host wants them as a half price item or free - so she books a show).

I would also recommend the entire set of Prep Bowls (don't just 2 come in the kit?).

babywings76 said:
• If someone who promised to book from your show does so in February, you get 60% off a product

Consultant's don't get the booking benefit[/QUOTE]

what does this mean?

yes good question....

What if a host becomes a consultant, and someone from the show she hosted books for February? Isn't she (the consultant) still entitled to the booking benefit?

Let's say I host my own show. For example, if my sister books a show off me, I can't get the booking benefit at my sister's show. It's in the policies and procedures.

they didn't host as a consultant - they hosted before they became consultants. i will take a look at the policies, thanks for the heads up amanda

OK here's the scoop:

Consultant-hosted Shows
You may want to host your own Show from time to time. When you or a member of your household hosts your own Show, you are entitled to host benefits and commissions
as follows:
• You receive commission on guest orders only. You will not be paid commission on items you order at the host discount.
• You are not entitled to the Booking Benefit or a past host discount.

What this says to me is that if a former host signs, they can get the booking benefit from the show they hosted as a civilian.

As soon as you become a consultant you are not entitled to the past host special. Doesn't matter when the show was or when you signed up.

bummer! thanks for letting me know

Right away get the Business Building paperwork package and business cards. I also got mini catalogs and am giving them to EVERYONE.

This isn't necessarily what to buy but HOW to buy:

Earn those PC bucks!! Push yourself to get as many as you can so you can get the stuff at no cost to you. You get extra for those first 30 days, so encourage your new recruits to set high goals initially to get those PC bucks.

New consultants can buy the sample packages even after the cutoff date for sample plackages. Sample package A is less than half price; the other sample packages are about half price. They can get them for the first 6 weeks after six weeks after the Independent Consultant Agreement is received or until Febuary 1, 2009, whichever is sooner. In addition to payment options listed on the front of this form, payment may also be made by Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover®/Novus® or American Express®.

You can also recommend to new people to buy the products on the supply order form for the current demo recipes. They're cheaper than our discount; for example, the Color Coated Bread Knife is $11.75 on the supply order, about 40% off.

The current Round Up From The Heart trivet is free on the supply order and nice to show people.

Small bamboo spoons can be purchased from supply order as an example of bamboo, 3 sets of 2 for $7. They make nice door prizes, too. Let people know that if you put one in a pot of boiling water for pasta, it won't boil over -a neat little trick.

koima said:
Right away get the Business Building paperwork package and business cards. I also got mini catalogs and am giving them to EVERYONE.

This isn't necessarily what to buy but HOW to buy:

Earn those PC bucks!! Push yourself to get as many as you can so you can get the stuff at no cost to you. You get extra for those first 30 days, so encourage your new recruits to set high goals initially to get those PC bucks.

New consultants can buy the sample packages even after the cutoff date for sample plackages. Sample package A is less than half price; the other sample packages are about half price. They can get them for the first 6 weeks after six weeks after the Independent Consultant Agreement is received or until Febuary 1, 2009, whichever is sooner. In addition to payment options listed on the front of this form, payment may also be made by Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover®/Novus® or American Express®.

You can also recommend to new people to buy the products on the supply order form for the current demo recipes. They're cheaper than our discount; for example, the Color Coated Bread Knife is $11.75 on the supply order, about 40% off.

The current Round Up From The Heart trivet is free on the supply order and nice to show people.

Small bamboo spoons can be purchased from supply order as an example of bamboo, 3 sets of 2 for $7. They make nice door prizes, too. Let people know that if you put one in a pot of boiling water for pasta, it won't boil over -a neat little trick.

Great extra tips!

thanks for the reminder on the business building kit, I needed to order that this week!

as always, a wealth of knowledge and ideas. i will definitely wait until they ask me so i don't freak them out.

thank you so much!!

Let them know about the time sensitive ones right away - the new product samples and business building kit - and be sure to let them know about the kit extension at the end of their 90 days and in April as a time to stock their kits.

1. What is included in the "Recommended Products to Beef up Kit?"

The "Recommended Products to Beef up Kit" includes a variety of essential kitchen tools such as a chef's knife, measuring cups, mixing bowls, and a non-stick skillet.

2. Can I customize the products in the kit?

Yes, you can customize the kit by selecting the products that best fit your needs and preferences. Our team of experts can assist you in choosing the perfect combination of products.

3. Is there a discount for purchasing the kit?

Yes, there is a discounted price for purchasing the recommended products as a kit compared to buying them individually. You can save up to 20% when you purchase the kit.

4. Are the products in the kit of high quality?

Yes, the products in the kit are carefully selected from our top-rated and best-selling items. They are made of high-quality materials and are designed to last for years.

5. Can I return or exchange products in the kit?

Yes, you can return or exchange any product in the kit within our return policy guidelines. Our customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we strive to ensure you are happy with your purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • Melissa78
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • pamperedbecky