• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Be More Persistent with My Potential Pampered Chef Recruit?

In summary, a coworker has expressed interest in becoming a consultant for Pampered Chef after a lunch demo. The person who provided the demo gave her recruitment information, a DVD, and directed her to the website. The coworker was invited to a cluster meeting, but has not watched the DVD yet and is still unsure about joining. The person is unsure of what to do and has sent a reminder email and offered a ride to the meeting. Suggestions were given to talk to a director and ask the coworker some questions to gauge her interest and address any concerns. Additional resources such as the Come Join Us booklet and a class on interviews were also suggested.
avelissar
Here is the situation:

A coworker approached me after a lunch demo about becoming a consultant. She seemed really excited about the idea. I gave her the recruitment information and the DVD, and directed her to my website. I have also invited her to our cluster meeting.

Since then - I have reminded her about the meeting and asked if she thought anymore about the consultant. Her response is that she hasn't had an opportunity to watch the DVD and she is still on the fence about it.

I don't know what to do. I am new to Pampered Chef, and this is my first real potential recruit. I don't want to be too pushy or harrass her.

I did send her a reminder e-mail about the meeting and offered her a ride. Haven't heard back yet (this was yesterday).

Andrea

Talk to your director. YOu can do a 3 way call together or schedule a meeting with your coworker (take her out to coffee to chat, don't call it a meeting).

avelissar said:
Here is the situation:

A coworker approached me after a lunch demo about becoming a consultant. She seemed really excited about the idea. I gave her the recruitment information and the DVD, and directed her to my website. I have also invited her to our cluster meeting.

Since then - I have reminded her about the meeting and asked if she thought anymore about the consultant. Her response is that she hasn't had an opportunity to watch the DVD and she is still on the fence about it.

I don't know what to do. I am new to Pampered Chef, and this is my first real potential recruit. I don't want to be too pushy or harrass her.

I did send her a reminder e-mail about the meeting and offered her a ride. Haven't heard back yet (this was yesterday).

Andrea

I'm anxious to see what others post. I have 1 recruit but she was easy...loved the product, was a pampered bride and pretty much a PC junkie.
Now, I have a cattie host seriously thinking about it. I sent the DVD with some popcorn, I sent the Come Join Us booklet and information on the new consultant rewards (including the 30-day promo for joining in Dec). I also sent the 5 and 10 flyer along with the Your Life Your Way flyer explaining what you get when you join. She is asking good questions, and still considering it. I check in every couple of days to check on her cattie show and her thoughts on joining. So far I've just tried to stay "available" and answer all questions as best I can based on experience. We're at the spot where she's trying to decide whether to have me keep the show and her use kit credit, or she buys in on her own and keeps her cattie party for her own.
So....what do ya'll think...what more can we do/say?

Try this:
Ask her these questions.
1) What interested you in the Pampered Chef? (Then be shush!)
2) Is there anything standing in your way from giving Pampered Chef A try? (shh!)
3) If I could show you a way to ...overcome her obstacle... would you want to try it?

Then focus on her first 30 days and see where she goes with it.
If you can do a 3 way with your Director like Deb said that would be great, but just in case I figured I would give you the words to say.
You are trying to be helpful, and see if this is a good fit for her. Go ahead and try :)
Let us know how it goes!!

My favorite question is to ask if they would like more information on why to get started or how to get started. That will help you go from there. If she would like more information on why to get started, I would suggest a sit down "interview" with her. I go over the Come Join Us booklet at this point. There is a very good class that you can download from CC that is about interviews and goes over this booklet.

Koolotus said:
Try this:
Ask her these questions.
1) What interested you in the Pampered Chef? (Then be shush!)
2) Is there anything standing in your way from giving Pampered Chef A try? (shh!)
3) If I could show you a way to ...overcome her obstacle... would you want to try it?

Then focus on her first 30 days and see where she goes with it.
If you can do a 3 way with your Director like Deb said that would be great, but just in case I figured I would give you the words to say.
You are trying to be helpful, and see if this is a good fit for her. Go ahead and try :)
Let us know how it goes!!

I like these questions and I'm using them in my notes for my next call with her. She is going to pop the popcorn I sent and sit down with her husband and watch a movie (PC DVD) before we talk next.

Thanks!

Cute Idea with the popcorn!! Keep us posted

wadesgirl said:
My favorite question is to ask if they would like more information on why to get started or how to get started. That will help you go from there. If she would like more information on why to get started, I would suggest a sit down "interview" with her. I go over the Come Join Us booklet at this point. There is a very good class that you can download from CC that is about interviews and goes over this booklet.

I did see that here and did ask her and we started with the why. We may meet up next week...it's tuff as we are about 140 miles apart. I'll check CC and see if I can find the interview class about the Come Join Us booklet! Thanks!

Koolotus said:

Thanks! I can't remember where I got it...from here probably. Ever since I found out about he DW trip, this "recruiting" forum is the one I most often frequent...along with "booking" and "increasing sales". I'm determined to change my hobby status this year! I'm motivated.

From one that has changed that status, please know you can!!!!

Three things: First, don't get hung up on potential recruits who are on the fence. Keep moving with recruiting others who want to start now. That's not to say forget about the people on the fence -- just don't get hung up on them.

Second, when you are presenting the biz opp (which I never use that term when I am presenting it) at shows, don't make it out to be a huge, life-altering decision. I present it as a fun, part-time job. I ask everyone straight up if they are ready to go ahead and "order their starter kit" (not "sign an agreement"). My first recruit signed at the show! My second recruit called me before I got a chance to call her to follow up. I've got three more hot leads who want to sign before the end of December to take advantage of the special extension. Hats off to Marna Ross for totally changing my perspective on recruiting -- I wish that I had listened to that CD in my first 30 days -- I might just be promoting to director before my 90 day date. And that is not to brag -- it's not about me -- it's about them (my recruits).

Third, seriously, a fun, part-time job is the best thing that The Pampered Chef offers and I make it a very big part of my show (throughout my show) because I know that there are people out there who want extra money or a fun job or a rewarding job. I do the ticket game at the end of my show but I just heard a great tip that I am going to start doing: have the guests write 1-5 on the back of their slips. Whoever can write 5 questions that they have about "doing Pampered Chef as a PART-TIME JOB" first gets a prize. Then read and answer the questions and take any more burning questions from the guest. You must create the desire for our job.

(Note: I don't like to use the words BUSINESS b/c I think that that scares most people. A part-time job is NOT scary, right? Now, we know that it can become a full-time career but most people cannot see that in the beginning so I don't even go there in my show. And I don't use the word recruits very often either -- I like to use team member instead)

Koolotus said:

She is signing tonight:sing: I'm so glad this question was posted here...thanks!

1. How do I find potential candidates for recruitment?

The best way to find potential candidates for recruitment is to utilize multiple methods such as job postings, networking, employee referrals, and recruitment agencies. You can also attend job fairs and career events to connect with potential candidates.

2. What should I include in a job posting to attract candidates?

A job posting should include the job title, responsibilities, requirements, and qualifications for the position. It should also include information about your company, such as its mission, values, and culture. Additionally, include details about the application process and any benefits or perks offered.

3. How do I conduct an effective interview?

To conduct an effective interview, prepare a list of relevant questions that will help you evaluate the candidate's skills, experience, and fit for the role. It's also important to actively listen and engage with the candidate, and provide a clear overview of the job and company. Be sure to also take notes and follow up with any additional questions or assessments.

4. How can I make my recruitment process more efficient?

To make your recruitment process more efficient, consider using technology such as applicant tracking systems and video interviews. Additionally, establish a clear timeline for the recruitment process and communicate it with both candidates and your internal hiring team. Streamlining the process can help save time and resources.

5. What should I look for in a potential candidate?

When evaluating potential candidates, look for a combination of relevant skills, experience, and qualifications for the role, as well as a strong cultural fit for your company. Additionally, consider their potential for growth and their ability to contribute positively to the team and company. It's also important to assess their communication and problem-solving skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
dkitten13
Replies