• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Meeting with My First Recruit: How Can I Be a Great Recruiter?

In summary, Jessica wants to be a great recruiter and her current recruiter has not helped her much, so she is looking to improve her skills. She plans to have monthly meetings with her host and would like to learn more about using P3.
jessicafawn
Gold Member
I've signed my first recruit and she's coming over tomorrow afternoon to go over some stuff. I thought I'd go over the Guide to a Successful Business and P3 but what else should I go over with her.I want to be a great recruiter for her because my recruiter has helped me very little (not that I've needed a lot of help). He's had one Cluster Meeting since I signed which is well over a year ago.I know I want to have monthly meetings to keep her inspired too... do you have meetings and if you do, what do you do at them? Is it silly to have meetings if you only have one recruit?I know that's a lot of questions, but I just want to do my best... especially with my recruit and any future people that join my team.OOPPSS... typo... I meant meeting with my 1st host... Ha ha ha...

Last edited:
anyone out there???

Well, since no one's responded...not that I'm experienced in recruiting and training...but here's what I think I would probably do...you might already have done this...Encourage her to read the P&P on CC, to go through all the training materials and check out the online training. Do you have a copy of the interactive shows DVD? There's a bunch you can do, but maybe you can build on what PC already gives for training. Maybe some advice on what you include in your host packets and how you organize your stuff. Let her know she can start her PWS right away and how to use that as a tool. Remind her to go through the brainstorming of coming up with her list of 100.

jessicafawn said:
I've signed my first recruit and she's coming over tomorrow afternoon to go over some stuff. I thought I'd go over the Guide to a Successful Business and P3 but what else should I go over with her.

I want to be a great recruiter for her because my recruiter has helped me very little (not that I've needed a lot of help). He's had one Cluster Meeting since I signed which is well over a year ago.

I know I want to have monthly meetings to keep her inspired too... do you have meetings and if you do, what do you do at them? Is it silly to have meetings if you only have one recruit?

I know that's a lot of questions, but I just want to do my best... especially with my recruit and any future people that join my team.

OOPPSS... typo... I meant meeting with my 1st host... Ha ha ha...

Wait a minute...what do you mean? :confused:

I think she meant meeting with my first recruit by reading her post.

Jessica,
The only thing I can think of is make sure you show her how to use P3. It can be confusing and there is no training on how to use it. Otherwise I think you are doing great with everything you listed. You can once a month meet at her house or yours with basic things and any questions for each other. You don't have to make it like a cluster meeting just yet. IMHO

Maybe since it's just the two of you right now, you could make it like a girls night out and just grab dinner or something, and go over some new things PC has done, or ask her what she wants to do and/or learn! Good Luck!

I would focus on teaching her how to get bookings. Without bookings, she has no business!

As far as P3 goes, you can probably do that over the phone with her when she's getting ready to submit her first show.

That's my 2 cents.

1. What should I expect during my first meeting with my 1st recruit?

During your first meeting with your 1st recruit, you should expect to introduce yourself and get to know each other. You should also discuss the goals and expectations of the recruiting process, as well as any important information or resources your recruit may need.

2. How can I make a good first impression during the meeting?

To make a good first impression, it's important to be professional, friendly, and prepared. Dress appropriately, be punctual, and come with a clear understanding of your recruit's background and interests. Also, be sure to listen actively and show genuine interest in their goals and aspirations.

3. What are some important topics to cover during the meeting?

Some important topics to cover during the meeting include the recruiting process and timeline, the expectations and requirements for joining your team, and the benefits and opportunities available. You should also discuss any concerns or questions your recruit may have and address them in a transparent and honest manner.

4. How can I build a strong relationship with my 1st recruit?

To build a strong relationship with your 1st recruit, it's important to communicate regularly and effectively. Keep them updated on any developments in the recruiting process and check in with them regularly to provide support and guidance. Also, make sure to be approachable and open to their ideas and feedback.

5. What should I do after the meeting?

After the meeting, it's important to follow up with your recruit to thank them for their time and reiterate any important information discussed. You should also provide them with any additional resources or materials they may need and schedule a follow-up meeting or call to continue the recruiting process. Finally, be sure to stay in touch and maintain a positive and professional relationship with your recruit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • nay62
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • wadesgirl