• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Family vs. Business: Making a Difficult Decision

In summary, when making a decision between family and business, it's important to consider factors such as time, energy, finances, relationships, and personal values. To balance responsibilities towards both, open communication and setting boundaries can help. In case of conflicting needs, identifying the root cause and seeking advice can aid in finding a solution. It is possible to have both a successful family life and business, but sacrifices and flexibility may be necessary. When making a difficult decision, transparency, listening, and seeking support can minimize negative effects on both family and business.
mamadugan
Gold Member
hi guys,
I just signed my second recruit!!!So that means I get to go to leadership YYIIPPEE!! 3,000 points and my kids (7) want me to earn Disney....so here is my dilema. I have a bridal shower on that Satuday that I would be at leadership. It will be a big shower, both sides of the family........
Money or points, what would you do? It is alos double dollars. so I could be getting the 3,000 points ANYWAY though sales...:rolleyes:

I dunno what to do!

If you were able to move it to a different day then you could end up getting the 3000 points and double points from the show and you would have a better start toward earning the trip

Well, you also have to look at the expense of going to Leadership: Travel costs, hotel, food... Is that in your budget? I wouldn't think changing the date of a Bridal Shower isn't as easy as another Cooking Show.

IF you can change the date, I'd do it. You're not too, too far from Leadership. Depending on how you travel, you could even have the shower on Sunday afternoon (a very popular time for showers around here). The tips you get from Leadership will definitely boost your business the rest of the year, providing far more points than the 3000 bonus for attendees. Check with the host to see if she is OK with moving the date.

I had a consultant tell me that she recently had a bridal shower that could only be held on a date that she couldn't be there. So the family still threw it without the consultant (she supplied products and such) and it was over $800!

Of course, you could always recruit the bride or the host of the bridal shower :)

What are some factors to consider when making a decision between family and business?

Some factors to consider include the time and energy required for each, the financial implications, the impact on relationships, and personal values and priorities.

How can I balance my responsibilities towards both my family and my business?

It's important to communicate openly with both your family and business partners about your commitments and priorities. Setting boundaries and delegating tasks can also help create a balance.

What can I do if my family and business have conflicting needs?

Start by identifying the root cause of the conflict and then brainstorm potential solutions that could satisfy both parties. Seeking advice from a trusted mentor or therapist can also be helpful.

Do I have to choose between family and business, or is there a way to have both?

It is possible to have a successful family life and business, but it may require making sacrifices and finding creative solutions. It's important to constantly reassess and adjust as needed.

How can I minimize the negative effects on my family or business when making a difficult decision?

Be transparent and honest with all parties involved, and take the time to listen and understand their perspectives. Additionally, seeking support from loved ones and seeking professional guidance can help mitigate negative effects.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Sheila