• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Say to Someone New in Town

In summary, the individual has two recruit leads - their host and a guest who is new in town and has concerns about not knowing anyone besides the host. They are seeking advice on how to encourage this guest, who is interested in the opportunity and currently unemployed and going to school. They are also working with the host on their fear of being in front of people. The advice given includes congratulating them on the recruit leads, suggesting they do a 100 leads sheet, recommending they reach out to friends and family for hosting opportunities, and assuring them that their social circle will grow with time and experience. They also share a personal experience of a recruit who initially had a fear of being in front of people but overcame it through practice and
susanr613
Gold Member
Good evening -

I just returned from a show and have two recruit leads - my host and one of the guests. :eek: The guest is relaltively new in town and concerned that show knows no one besides the host of the show.

How do I encourage her? She seems interested in the opportunity and is currently unemployed and going to school.

Thanks so much!

BTW I am working with the host on the whole "I don't want to be in front of people" concern

susanr613 said:
Good evening -

I just returned from a show and have two recruit leads - my host and one of the guests. :eek: The guest is relaltively new in town and concerned that show knows no one besides the host of the show.

How do I encourage her? She seems interested in the opportunity and is currently unemployed and going to school.

Thanks so much!

BTW I am working with the host on the whole "I don't want to be in front of people" concern

Well first congrats on the recruit leads!
You must have put on a great show and done a wonderful job informing these ladies of the opportunity.
Second, the best way to encourage someone is to get them to do their 100 leads sheet. They will be surprised to know how many people they do actually come into contact with everyday.
Third, does she have any friends or family that she can ask who live in town to host a show for her? And any friends and family out of town who could do a show when she travels to see them for a visit or even a couple of catalog shows to get qualified.
Last, let her know that eventually her social circle will begin to grow, the more and more she does shows. Word of mouth spreads and before you know it she will have a large customer base to work with every year.

Oh and the "I don't want to be in front of people..." was my recruit, until she got enough practice with friends and family to feel really comfortable. She realized it wasn't hard at all and lots of fun.

Debbie :D

Hi there!

First of all, congratulations on getting two potential recruits from your show! That's fantastic. As for encouraging the guest who is new in town, I would suggest highlighting the social aspect of the opportunity. Let her know that being a part of this business will not only provide her with a source of income and a flexible schedule, but also the chance to meet new people and make connections in her new city. You can also mention that many successful entrepreneurs in this industry started out with no previous experience or network, and that the support and training provided by the company will help her succeed. As for the "I don't want to be in front of people" concern, perhaps you can suggest alternative ways of promoting the business, such as through online marketing or hosting smaller, more intimate gatherings. Best of luck with your recruits!

1. What are some good conversation starters for meeting someone new in town?

Some good conversation starters for meeting someone new in town could include asking about their favorite local spots, their interests or hobbies, or their reasons for moving to the area.

2. How can I make someone new in town feel welcome?

To make someone new in town feel welcome, you can offer to show them around the area, introduce them to your friends or other locals, or invite them to join you for a community event or activity.

3. What should I avoid saying to someone new in town?

Avoid making assumptions about why the person moved to town, asking personal or sensitive questions, or being overly critical of the area or its residents.

4. How can I keep the conversation going with someone new in town?

To keep the conversation going with someone new in town, you can ask open-ended questions, actively listen to their responses, and share your own experiences and stories about the area.

5. Are there any common topics to avoid when talking to someone new in town?

Common topics to avoid when talking to someone new in town include politics, religion, and controversial issues. It's best to stick to neutral and positive topics to keep the conversation friendly and welcoming.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Cathy pclady
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Cathy pclady
  • Intrepid_Chef