• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join Our Team and Get $50 Back: Start Your Business for Only $5!

In summary, my hospitality director explained this at our meeting last night, and she thinks it is an absolutely fabulous idea! New consultants can get $50 back if they do 4 things: -Observe someone's show-Attend a Cook&Book (aka New Consultant Training)-Attend a team meeting-Qualify with either $1250 or 4 shows.
janezapchef
Gold Member
My hospitality director explained this at our meeting last night, and I think it is an absolutely fabulous idea! She is starting to offer up to $50 back to new consultants. The way it works is she gives them a checklist of 4 things they need to do. If they do them, they get $50 back. Here's how it works...
*Observe someone's show
*Attend a Cook&Book (aka New Consultant Training)
*Attend a team meeting
*Qualify with either $1250 or 4 shows
If they do it in 30 days, they get the $50 back. If they do it in 90 days, they get $25 back. But, they have to do all 4 things. I love this idea because qualifying seems to be where I'm losing people, and the other 3 things would help that as well as retention.

So, if they sign right now and use $100 kit credit to do it, they could end up spending $5 all together once they achieve these 4 things.

So who's pocket does that come out of? Your HD must be doing very well to offer that!

That's a great idea. I think I may offer it too. I guess I'll have to think about the four things they have to do though. I've never had a "Cook & Book" or team meeting yet since I haven't signed anyone yet... and I say yet, because I have someone planning on signing in the spring and another one that wants to sign soon, she's just in the process of a move (gotta love being attached to the military).I guess when the current promo is over they could get the kit for as little as $65.00.
Kit is $155 - $40 from kit credit coupon = $115 - $50 from me = $65.
It would still be a great deal. And they'd have to qualify in order to get the $50 so you'd be able to help them along with that too.
Awesome. Thanks for sharing such a great idea.

That comes out of her pocket, or mine if I do it. I really don't mind if it gets someone to sign and qualify. If they stay around (which doing those other things improves the chances of), it is worth it to me! I have been so close to director I can smell it, and this is what's holding me back. I won't be doing it forever, but I just might do it long enough to get there! And, if you're a director, it's really only $12.50 you'd be spending on the $50 if they do $1250 in sales and, you'd actually make $12.50 on the $25 still (after you get paid on the person). Plus, there are usually other incentives for us (outside of this one going on right now) when recruits qualify in 30 days. For me, it's worth it right now. Not for everyone, but a good idea in my opinion!

Another side note... I have offered cash back out of my pocket before, but I haven't had these stipulations on it, stupidly. I have been screwed that way. This one sounds doable. As I said, it's not for everyone probably. But for me, it seems like a good idea.

jessicafawn said:
That's a great idea. I think I may offer it too. I guess I'll have to think about the four things they have to do though. I've never had a "Cook & Book" or team meeting yet since I haven't signed anyone yet... and I say yet, because I have someone planning on signing in the spring and another one that wants to sign soon, she's just in the process of a move (gotta love being attached to the military).

I guess when the current promo is over they could get the kit for as little as $65.00.
Kit is $155 - $40 from kit credit coupon = $115 - $50 from me = $65.
It would still be a great deal. And they'd have to qualify in order to get the $50 so you'd be able to help them along with that too.
Awesome. Thanks for sharing such a great idea.

You could make one of the 4 be taking the super starter online courses. They can save the certificate they earn and email it to you. My director does this for incentives often. We have to give her 3 things we learned from the course to get "credit". Are you attending meetings or getting training via phone calls with your director? You could sub that for going to meetings as well.

I think this is a great idea, but not for me just yet since I'm too new. I e-mailed it to my Director to see what she thinks, but her computer is down for now.

It is a great way to give you a boost if you are shooting for Leadership Training as well! It would be sweet to be at a place where I could afford to do that to get my two signed!!
That means 3,000 to start you off toward the "Magic"!!

jillbean said:
It is a great way to give you a boost if you are shooting for Leadership Training as well! It would be sweet to be at a place where I could afford to do that to get my two signed!!
That means 3,000 to start you off toward the "Magic"!!

Exactly my thought!

janezapchef said:
You could make one of the 4 be taking the super starter online courses. They can save the certificate they earn and email it to you. My director does this for incentives often. We have to give her 3 things we learned from the course to get "credit". Are you attending meetings or getting training via phone calls with your director? You could sub that for going to meetings as well.

Great idea. My director has done one cluster meeting since I signed well over a year ago. I may start my own with some other consultants in the area that have the same issue.

This sounds like a great idea but I would not do it. Pampered Chef offers an amazing program and the kit is a fantastic "deal" even at full price. My opinion is that by offering additional discounts you are telling them that "it's not a deal so I am making it better". I tell people that they can earn their kit cost back in the first month and often in the first show or two and I will help them by coaching and training.

I did not have the money when I started but my director said that I could get it right back in commissions so I took the chance - and I did. Now, I was a long time PC host and knew that I could get the sales with PC so she didn't have to make me understand the concept.

I also don't want people to think that they have to put all their money back into the business. PC makes this so easy and inexpensive while offering an amazing opportunity. Make yourself duplicatable.

That all being said, there is no rule that you can't do it. I DO sometimes offer an extra bonus but it's usually for doing something over and above or if a host signs at her show I will have her use the outside orders as her first show if she chooses (once she's gotten to the level to buy down the kit of course) or if I am in need to get to an incentive level but I rarely use them. I want them to be special.

What is the "Start for as Little as $5" offer?

The "Start for as Little as $5" offer is a promotion for individuals who are interested in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant. It allows them to join the company for a discounted price of $5, instead of the regular fee of $109.

Who is eligible for the "Start for as Little as $5" offer?

The offer is available to anyone who is at least 18 years old and resides in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico. It is also open to anyone who has not previously been a Pampered Chef consultant within the last 12 months.

What benefits come with the "Start for as Little as $5" offer?

By taking advantage of this offer, you will have access to a starter kit that includes business supplies, training materials, and product samples. You will also have the opportunity to earn commission on your sales and receive discounts on future purchases.

How long is the "Start for as Little as $5" offer available?

The offer is available for a limited time only and is subject to change without notice. It is important to act quickly if you are interested in taking advantage of this promotion.

How do I sign up for the "Start for as Little as $5" offer?

To sign up, simply visit the Pampered Chef website and click on the "Join Now" button. From there, you will be guided through the registration process and will have the option to select the $5 starter kit offer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Sheila