• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Stoopid, Can't Find This Info - Kit and Qualified

In summary, you get an assortment of products including 1 from each of our four main groups of items, a paperwork supply box, and $500 worth of products and business materials for $155. You can't have Wedding Registries or take Individual Orders (not attached to shows) on your website until you qualify.
WonderMonkey
All,

I can't believe I can't find this on the site. What do you get when you sign up for $155? I know you get some basic items that you can use to do simple shows, some catalogs, etc.

Now that you have your kit, what is required to be "qualified" and what can't you do until you ARE "qualified"?

There has to be about 599 threads just like this one but for some reason I can't find one. Please help a stoopid fella out here, please?

Qualified is $1250 in sales or 4 shows, which ever comes first. You get over $500 worth of products and business materials for $155. You get an assortment of products including 1 from each of our four main groups of items. You also get a paperwork supply box. I cannot remember what all comes in that but I know they provide you with 6 "starter" host packets, catalogs, receipts, etc

I found this in the files section, when I typed in "kit". Best wishes to you! It sounds like you're close to signing...:chef:

Attachments

• New Consultant Kit 2008.doc
    111.5 KB · Views: 366
Thanks you two. I want to sign up but my wife isn't onboard yet. I'm chipping away at her objections without being pushy (hopefully).

I have been having a blast reading about your journey. Might I suggest you ask your wife to read it, too and see all the support you get from total strangers? Also, I just have to say I would LOVE to have someone like you on my team!!!

Oh, and you can't have Wedding Registries or take Individual Orders (not attached to shows) on your website until you qualify. I usually set up all my new consultants and their first few hosts on my PWS until they qualify because all newly qualified consultants get 90 days of a PWS for free!

cmdtrgd said:
I have been having a blast reading about your journey. Might I suggest you ask your wife to read it, too and see all the support you get from total strangers? Also, I just have to say I would LOVE to have someone like you on my team!!!

She can't get over the fact that I am a guy. I tell her about her PC's downline that are males and have it work for them but she just can't get her head wrapped around it.

Tell her about all the perks that you get as a consultant. She might end up being your best customer! What are her objections?

cmdtrgd said:
Oh, and you can't have Wedding Registries or take Individual Orders (not attached to shows) on your website until you qualify. I usually set up all my new consultants and their first few hosts on my PWS until they qualify because all newly qualified consultants get 90 days of a PWS for free!

If I was to get random orders couldn't I set up a monthly show to order through? Is that being a dirty illegal PC rouge?

WonderMonkey said:
If I was to get random orders couldn't I set up a monthly show to order through? Is that being a dirty illegal PC rouge?

Sure that would be totally fine! It's great to do-especially around the holidays.

You could always still submit an individual order through our computer software program, but the customer would need to pay direct shipping. Just incase you wouldn't have enough orders for the random orders to qualify as a show for a little while.

I hope I made sense!

leahevanson said:
Tell her about all the perks that you get as a consultant. She might end up being your best customer! What are her objections?

Basically that I don't know how to cook (for real) and that she doesn't think many would want a guy to do a show for them.

I do cook but it's from a list of things that I know how to make. I told her that my potential upline has a handful of things she does over and over or she features a few PC recipes each month. Practices them at home, etc.

pamperedbecky said:
Sure that would be totally fine! It's great to do-especially around the holidays.

You could always still submit an individual order through our computer software program, but the customer would need to pay direct shipping. Just incase you wouldn't have enough orders for the random orders to qualify as a show for a little while.

I hope I made sense!

As much as my little head can understand!

So you don't pay shipping if it isn't to a customer?

If it's a show, then they only pay $4.25 for shiiping. If it's an individual order or a direct ship from a show, they pay more.

If I place one large show order is it just $4.25 for the whole thing if it goes to me?

As for being a guy, don't let that hold you back. The investment is totally worth it for the products you get and the commission you make of your first shows.

WonderMonkey said:
If I place one large show order is it just $4.25 for the whole thing if it goes to me?

You want it in the customer's name for warranty purposes.

wadesgirl said:
As for being a guy, don't let that hold you back. The investment is totally worth it for the products you get and the commission you make of your first shows.

I know that after I get the kit and have the first show she would be ok with it but I don't make choices like that without her approval. Right now it is "I won't tell you no!" but she certainly doesn't feel it is the right thing to do.

I'm a little different. If I told her my objections but she still wanted to do it then I'd become her biggest supporter and helper.

wadesgirl said:
You want it in the customer's name for warranty purposes.

I can put it in their name for a named show and still send it to me for one shipping price of $4.25?

Ask her to just let you try it for 4 shows and if it doesn't work out you'll quit! Trust me, she won't want you to after you get your first pay check.

I was the opposite, I signed up and then told my husband!

WonderMonkey said:
I can put it in their name for a named show and still send it to me for one shipping price of $4.25?

It has to be $150 to qualify for a show, anything under than that is an individual order. Unless you combine several small orders to make a show.

wadesgirl said:
Ask her to just let you try it for 4 shows and if it doesn't work out you'll quit! Trust me, she won't want you to after you get your first pay check.

I was the opposite, I signed up and then told my husband!

That's was my approach. I could quit after the first show and I'd be close to even as far as financial input. The money isn't the issue, she just isn't seeing it. I'm not telling her that I'm going to be a millionaire or anything but that I want to do it and make a bit of side cash. In reality I have larger plans than that.

WonderMonkey said:
That's was my approach. I could quit after the first show and I'd be close to even as far as financial input. The money isn't the issue, she just isn't seeing it. I'm not telling her that I'm going to be a millionaire or anything but that I want to do it and make a bit of side cash. In reality I have larger plans than that.

Have you sat down with the consultant you are working with along with your wife? She maybe able to help answer some questions that you cannot. I have also brought potential consultants to our team meetings so they can get an inside look at other consultants.

I have spoken to her a few times on the phone about things. I will have her over to chat but I have learned enough from her to know that I want to do it no matter what that consultant may say. Her success, or failures, does not equate to be being successful or not. My next statement to the wife is that I would life for the PC Consultant to come over and speak about things. If my wife isn't for it then at least they will have her show planned.

WonderMonkey said:
I have spoken to her a few times on the phone about things. I will have her over to chat but I have learned enough from her to know that I want to do it no matter what that consultant may say. Her success, or failures, does not equate to be being successful or not. My next statement to the wife is that I would life for the PC Consultant to come over and speak about things. If my wife isn't for it then at least they will have her show planned.

As much as you can talk to her about it, it may help to hear it from a consultant who's been in th business for a while. Someone to answer those questions it takes experience to answer.

Or see if she would like to come on here and talk to us!

wadesgirl said:
As much as you can talk to her about it, it may help to hear it from a consultant who's been in th business for a while. Someone to answer those questions it takes experience to answer.

Or see if she would like to come on here and talk to us!

I just answered a PM and thought I'd put some of in here.

The wife is having a hard time associating me to cooking shows. I'm an ex minor league baseball player, I used to bar fight quite a bit (before marriage, kids, etc), I've coached pee-wee football, coach baseball and softball, etc. I'm 6'2" and weight 260lbs, built like an ex-football player, etc. The frame doesn't match the picture of me doing cooking shows. However I'm also the only man to coach cheerleading when my daughter's grade level needed it, I take my daughter and friends to and from dance classes, I wore a dress while coaching 3rd base at a softball game because I lost a bet with the girls, etc. etc. etc.

I don't paint myself into a corner with being a manly man and I just wish she wouldn't either.

"I wore a dress while coaching 3rd base at a softball game because I lost a bet with the girls, etc. etc. etc."ROTHLMAO...Do you have any pictures?! :)I can see how your wife might not look at you as a cook...or even as someone that could sell our products. My husband's a meat butcher, so I would have a hard time wrapping my mind around him doing it...Ask her to let you do the four shows and you can practice on her so she can give you constructive criticism. And let her know she gets to use ALL of your kit products!

I'd ask her to go to the first couple shows with you to help be your asst. I think guys make great salesmen to women -- I think they'll open their purses more for you! Good luck and I say, go for it.

My top host is a guy! He's done two $1100 shows with me, one a catalog show. When I was talking with my sister about him after watching him get outside orders over the phone, she said that she maybe more willing to buy from a guy than a gal.

The best part about this business is there is no cookie cutter consultant! You make your business the way you want to make it.

leahevanson said:
"I wore a dress while coaching 3rd base at a softball game because I lost a bet with the girls, etc. etc. etc."

ROTHLMAO...Do you have any pictures?! :)

I can see how your wife might not look at you as a cook...or even as someone that could sell our products. My husband's a meat butcher, so I would have a hard time wrapping my mind around him doing it...

Ask her to let you do the four shows and you can practice on her so she can give you constructive criticism. And let her know she gets to use ALL of your kit products!

Yes there are pictures. No you can't see them.

I've told her that if I don't like it, or I'm not successful at it then I'll certainly stop and we would be out nothing.

She isn't stopping me from doing it, but she isn't for it. And to me that means I won't go forward.

wadesgirl said:
My top host is a guy! He's done two $1100 shows with me, one a catalog show. When I was talking with my sister about him after watching him get outside orders over the phone, she said that she maybe more willing to buy from a guy than a gal.

The best part about this business is there is no cookie cutter consultant! You make your business the way you want to make it.

Can I intimidate them into buying? Hold Fluffy the cat over the stove burner and say "Buy, or Fluffy gets renamed to Crispy!"?

I have a man on my team (my brother) who is a retired Master Chief in the Navy. I do not know of a more "man's man" than him. Testosterone seeps from his pores!!! Women flock to shows that has a man as a consultant- it is such a novelty, they come to see it, and then they LOVE IT!!!!!

I tell people it is like an aphrodisiac to have a guy cook, pack up and leave!

cmdtrgd said:
I tell people it is like an aphrodisiac to have a guy cook, pack up and leave!

I like that. I will steal it.

No credit will be given so don't even whine about it.

Actually I'll give you credit a few time.

I have 2 men on my team now, and at one point had 4--men do great at this, men love tools, and oh by the way we have men in our company that are making in the 6+ figures==it's definitely do-able if you are a guy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • dme.grant
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
LauriChick
  • its_me_susan