• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Does It Take to Go Full Time for $Xx Income Level?

make 80k a year, they would need to hit a very high volume and be selling a lot of products. It's definitely not a 'get rich quick' job.
WonderMonkey
I am still speaking to my wife about becoming a PC consultant but until that happens I'm still keeping my eyes and ears open. I was speaking to a lady at work about PC and she said she loves the products and has been thinking of making a change in her life. She wants to remove some stress and enjoy her life more and feels that an opportunity like PC would be great. She knows that doing a PC would create more demands on her life but it could be a means to an end, being that she may be able to quit her job and do PC full time. She isn't looking to create ADDITIONAL income but to replace her CURRENT income.

The issue is that she makes right at 80k annually. She was asking me what it would take for her to come close to 80k in income from PC. Healthcare could be provided by her husband's job.

So I ask you... what would it take to make that sort of annual money with PC? Something like $xx volume from upline, xx shows per week/month with this average sales per show, etc. I know she could become a selling machine and do 80k but that might work her harder then she is working now.

And yes, I will be discussing this with my potential upline later this week but thought I would lean you your experiences as well.

Looking in the "Come Join Us" booklet, there is a chart that shows income potential. It shows that Senior Directors and Executive Directors can make that much or more. It says that that means they have to develop 4 or 8 directors, respectively. Now how that happens and how long it takes to get there, is a good question that I don't have the answer to. Anyone else know?

I figured this out before and for me to make $50,000 / year (what I would need before I would quite my ft job) I would need to be an AD with 35 people in my downline selling $70,000 monthly. I would also need to be doing $6500 in sales on my own each month.

I know that's not the $80,000 you're looking at but it gives you an idea.

For her to do this, she would want to start recruiting right away. STart building a strong team from day 1.

It would be very hard to make that kind of money. i know there are some that do, but you really have to work extremely hard and build your team. That's the key to getting that kind of money is having a dedicated devoted team that is working just as hard as you. I know for me, it's been extremely slow lately. I don't know if it's the economy or what but I'm having a really hard time getting shows booked. Now, around the first half of the year, it was really busy, but right now, it's been so slow for me. It's starting to pick back up this month so maybe with Christmas right aroundt he corner, folks will start buying and booking again. good luck to you.

This is not get rich quick. it takes work building up your sales and building up a wide and deep team. I think it took Marna Ross 10 years before she quit her FT job.

Thanks all for the input. I know it's not a 'get rich quick' and so does she. She is just looking for a level of effort and dedication to replace the level of effort and dedication she is putting into her full time job now.Thanks again.

It is very hard and allot of hard work. There are many that do it though. I and some others have seen paychecks of upper level directors that will blow your mind. I have seen ones that are $35,000-$40,000 A MONTH. They work very hard, and have a huge team below them. That is a must -is to build a team.

The main thing she would have to do, as you are hearing, is build a large strong team. She would need to promote as high as she could and keep a consistent show schedule. This job is fun and totaly worthwhile, but it is still work! You have to have the mindset of a Business Owner! Not a hobbyist. That will not get her there.

I learned this at the NDA this weekend

We have YOBs (Your Own Business) so thankfully we are not at the JOB level (Just Over Broke)

I agree with lots of the above - it has to be worked as a business and that obviously involves time and dedication. But for someone to know that from the outset and focus on building a team at the outset, it can be done.

One thing for people in her position (wanting to replace a FT income) need to consider is that other things besides salary need to be factored in because many other work-related expenses would decrease: gas and vehicle expenses to commute to and from work every day, $$ toward a work wardrobe, $$ that may or may not have to go toward child care (don't know if she has kids), $$ for eating out for lunch if that's the case, peace of mind that she would totally dictate her own schedule (in my mind, that's priceless:)), and any other work-related expenses. So, even though she wants to replace an $80,000/year salary, there are other things that come in to play that would realistically decrease that.

Hope it all makes sense! These are just some things I've pointed out to people who are in the same situation.

My director shared with me it took her 5 years to get to a $70,000 income level. She started her business in a town of 375 people and she may have had drive right from the start to begin a huge business, so that all has to be taken into consideration.:):)

Good luck with your own decision! Hey, that's pretty cool that you might have a new recruit almost as soon as YOU sign on. One thing that a lot of people do is work PC on a part-time basis along with a FT job to build up a solid customer base and then quit the FT job down the road.:)

In the US would a $80,000 PC salary work out to the same as an $80,000 regular salary - after taxes? I think in Canada, you'd be in better shape with PC just because of all the things you can write off. So for her to have the same take-home as she has now, it may not be AS much.

pamperedbecky said:
I agree with lots of the above - it has to be worked as a business and that obviously involves time and dedication. But for someone to know that from the outset and focus on building a team at the outset, it can be done.

One thing for people in her position (wanting to replace a FT income) need to consider is that other things besides salary need to be factored in because many other work-related expenses would decrease: gas and vehicle expenses to commute to and from work every day, $$ toward a work wardrobe, $$ that may or may not have to go toward child care (don't know if she has kids), $$ for eating out for lunch if that's the case, peace of mind that she would totally dictate her own schedule (in my mind, that's priceless:)), and any other work-related expenses. So, even though she wants to replace an $80,000/year salary, there are other things that come in to play that would realistically decrease that.

Hope it all makes sense! These are just some things I've pointed out to people who are in the same situation.

My director shared with me it took her 5 years to get to a $70,000 income level. She started her business in a town of 375 people and she may have had drive right from the start to begin a huge business, so that all has to be taken into consideration.:):)

Good luck with your own decision! Hey, that's pretty cool that you might have a new recruit almost as soon as YOU sign on. One thing that a lot of people do is work PC on a part-time basis along with a FT job to build up a solid customer base and then quit the FT job down the road.:)

Thanks for that...I live in a small province and the population is always on the back of my mind as to wether I could REALLY make this successful, as far as building a team goes. It's great to hear stories like that! :)

Again thanks for all the information and experiences you are sharing.She and I went to lunch today and spoke primarily of ways to earn money. She and I both have avenues for income and we are deciding what is best for each of us. PC is one of them that each are considering. Each of us have the drive and personality to do something significant in PC if we believe in it and decide to charge forward.For me personally my wife has reservations about me doing PC. She has seen me over-extend myself with time because I don't allow anything to interfere with the time I spend with my kids and their activities. I coached everything my son did and still work with the HS where he plays now. I currently coach my daughter's teams and will continue to do so as long as she can put up with having dad as the coach. Since my son is in HS now and I'm not an official coach the time and energy that I used to put into his teams has dropped. The time I put into my daughter's activities has gone up since she is getting older and getting my active.What I want to do is to get involved with PC and put XX amount of effort towards it. I'm basically preparing for when my daughter gets into Jr. High and my time coaching her will be reduced a bit. Then I can put more time into building PC a bit more. As she gets into High School chances are I won't be coaching anymore so my time in PC can go up even more.Incrementally the business will go as high as I am willing to take it.In theory.

Sounds like a great plan, WonderMonkey!

I agree...great plan! The beauty of PC is that you can decide what days you're going to do shows so that it doesn't interfere with your other activities that are so obviously important to you.

I think it's awesome you're involved like this in your kids' lives! :)

1. What is the income level required to go full time with Pampered Chef?

The income level required to go full time with Pampered Chef varies depending on individual expenses and lifestyle. However, many consultants aim for an income of at least $35,000-$50,000 per year to support themselves and their families.

2. How many hours per week do I need to work to reach a certain income level?

The number of hours per week needed to reach a certain income level will also vary based on individual circumstances. However, as a general guideline, most full-time Pampered Chef consultants work an average of 20-25 hours per week.

3. What are the main factors that contribute to reaching a higher income level?

The main factors that contribute to reaching a higher income level with Pampered Chef include consistently booking and holding parties, building a strong team of consultants, and actively promoting and selling products through various channels such as social media, events, and personal networks.

4. Can I go full time with Pampered Chef while still working a part-time job?

Yes, it is possible to go full time with Pampered Chef while still working a part-time job. However, it will require careful time management and dedication to building your business in order to reach the desired income level.

5. Is it realistic to reach a six-figure income with Pampered Chef?

Yes, it is realistic to reach a six-figure income with Pampered Chef. Many successful consultants have achieved this level of income through hard work, dedication, and effective business strategies. However, it may take several years of consistent effort to reach this level of income.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefSheryl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Veevahchef
  • ChefBeth2
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • Deanna Brown