• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the New Host Kit Credit Offer Worth It?

In summary, Don says that if a host has a $500 catalog show, they will buy the kit for them and they can use the kit credit to pay for it. He also says that if you are steadily making 23% commission or higher, you won't miss out on commission. Amanda agrees that it's a great idea to offer the kit credit as an option to potential recruits.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I was always taught to try to get a host to sign up first rather than using kit credit. If you think of a host having a $500 show that only gives them $80 in credit towards their kit but if that was their first show as a consultant, they would earn $100 plus the products from the show where as they loose products when they use the kit credit. What do you all think of that? I've never had anyone excited about the kit credit offer.

Good point! What does everyone else think?Maybe the kit credit offer is better for people who are nervous about the upfront cost of purchasing the kit. It makes it sound better that they only have to pay $55 to get started. So people who live week to week on a budget, may not want to pay the full price up front and then wait to get the commission check. KWIM?So when you approach potential recruits, is it better to lay out the options and see what they think? Or is that too overwhelming, giving them all the different scenarios?

Although my show on Friday is a host who wants to use the kit credit so she maybe happy to hear that she can use more now.

I think it's just one more option we can offer our hosts - obviously it's best for them to use their show as their launch party, but I agree with Amanda. It's probably aimed at those who can't afford to write a check for $155 right now.

I think with the economy the way it is people are looking for income. If you can present them with a low start up - less out of pocket way to do it they may be more eager to inquire. And ulimately sign up! Why would we have them pay $155 when they can pay $55. They'll appreciate you more if you can show them a less expensive way to do it.

Yes, you would get the commission but you could give her the bookings.

Don Funt says he has actually purchased the kit for some of his hosts who wanted to join but could not afford the start up. As long as the host had a $500 catalog show he would buy it for them. They would use the kit credit and the commission on $500 would buy the kit. Now, this is if you're steadily making 23% commission or higher ($1250 monthly). So, I'm thinking with this new kit credit I wouldn't totally miss out on commission. And I think it's a great idea! I know people who would love to get in the business but can't afford the start up. And when you start the business the only thing else you really need to buy in the beginning is pens.

I think it's wonderful!

I too think it is to talk to our host about signing.

wadesgirl said:
I was always taught to try to get a host to sign up first rather than using kit credit. If you think of a host having a $500 show that only gives them $80 in credit towards their kit but if that was their first show as a consultant, they would earn $100 plus the products from the show where as they loose products when they use the kit credit. What do you all think of that? I've never had anyone excited about the kit credit offer.

I was wondering this myself. Plus, if they have a huge show for me, are they going to be able to still do a kickoff show for themselves?? I know there would probably be bookings that they could get, but is this really the best way they could go? I've never really talked up the kit credit much.
I guess it would be better used for a host not already thinking about joining rather than a potential recruit??

My two cents...I'm talking to hosts (and potential recruit/hosts) about using the kit credit toward their kit when they host their show and that they can have the bookings from their show to start their business.

Hopefully I'll know by the time the show rolls around what their intentions are, so it's win-win. I get commission on the show, they get the bookings and a low start-up cost.

I actually spoke with one of my past hosts today (I work with her)...she's newly pregnant, interested in the business and we'd already been talking about doing a December show. This put her "over the edge" and I think she'll be signing sooner than later now with this opportunity. We're setting the date this evening.

Another potential host from 2 years ago and was interested in the business back then but the time wasn't right. I spoke with her husband today at work and asked it they'd be interested in PC now. He said he'd check with her...it will be interesting to see what happens.

What is the New Host Kit Credit Offer?

The New Host Kit Credit Offer is a special promotion for new hosts who book and hold a Pampered Chef party. It allows them to receive credit towards their first purchase as a thank you for hosting a party.

How much credit can a new host receive through this offer?

The amount of credit a new host can receive varies depending on the total sales from their party. They can receive up to 15% of the total party sales in credit towards their first purchase.

Who is eligible for the New Host Kit Credit Offer?

Any new host who books and holds a party with a Pampered Chef consultant is eligible for this offer. This includes both in-person and virtual parties.

How long is the New Host Kit Credit valid for?

The credit received through this offer is valid for one year from the date of the party. The host can use it towards any product in the current Pampered Chef catalog.

Can the New Host Kit Credit be combined with other offers or discounts?

Yes, the credit received through this offer can be combined with any current promotions or discounts. However, it cannot be used to purchase half-price host specials or to cover shipping costs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookwithtiffany
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Karen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • Gagescorpages