• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Recruiting a Telemarketer for Your Company Worth It?

In summary, a telemarketer plays a key role in recruiting by reaching out to potential candidates over the phone and promoting job opportunities. They use effective communication, persuasion, and customer service skills to gather information, answer questions, and schedule interviews. Telemarketers find potential candidates through various methods such as cold calling, networking, and partnerships with job boards and recruiting agencies. Common challenges faced by telemarketers in recruiting include dealing with rejection, managing time effectively, and maintaining a positive attitude. Companies can benefit from using telemarketers in their recruiting process as they help widen the talent pool, increase applications, and improve efficiency while also promoting the company's brand and values.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I had a conference call with fellow members of our cluster's "Business Builders Team" and thought I would share:

The team member was at work and got a call from a telemarketer. As she listned to her whole sales pitch, she thought, "she obviously hates her job."

So when she was done, she said, (and note the word choices here:)

"OK, I'm a recruiter for a really great company!"

She then explained what she did and said "I guarantee people are nicer to me than they are to you!"

She ended the call by getting the woman's address and promising to send her information!

Cool it would be easy to do.

Wow, that's quite a bold move from your team member! I can definitely see how it could come off as a bit condescending to the telemarketer. However, I can also understand the frustration of constantly being bombarded by sales pitches. It's a tough job and I'm sure the telemarketer is just trying to make a living. Perhaps your team member could have handled the situation with a bit more empathy. Instead of guaranteeing that people are nicer to her, maybe she could have just thanked the telemarketer for their time and politely declined the offer. Just my two cents.

1. What is the role of a telemarketer in recruiting?

A telemarketer plays a key role in recruiting by reaching out to potential candidates over the phone and promoting job opportunities. They gather information about candidates, answer questions, and schedule interviews with the recruiting team.

2. What skills are necessary for a successful telemarketer in recruiting?

Effective communication, persuasion, and customer service skills are essential for a telemarketer in recruiting. They should also have a good understanding of the job requirements and be able to effectively convey them to potential candidates.

3. How do telemarketers find potential candidates for job opportunities?

Telemarketers use various methods to find potential candidates including cold calling, networking, and partnerships with job boards and recruiting agencies. They also utilize databases and social media platforms to identify potential candidates.

4. What are some common challenges faced by telemarketers in recruiting?

Some common challenges faced by telemarketers in recruiting include dealing with rejection, managing time effectively, and maintaining a positive attitude. They may also face challenges in reaching the right candidates or dealing with uninterested or unqualified individuals.

5. How can a company benefit from using telemarketers in their recruiting process?

Telemarketers can be a valuable asset to a company's recruiting process as they help widen the talent pool, increase the number of applications, and improve the overall efficiency of the process. They also provide a personal touch in reaching out to potential candidates and can help promote the company's brand and values.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cookie325
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies