• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Build Your PC Business with the Help of a Husband and Wife Team

if the company had a similar program. Some companies offer "supporting demo" positions but they are not the same as being an official demonstrator. I don't know if Stampin' Up! does this, but it would be a great feature.
WonderMonkey
My main goal for becoming a PC consultant would be to eventually have something where my wife could decided to do that instead of her normal career. She is in management, does well, has a nice salary, etc. However she would not be able to replace her salary if something happened to her job and she had to look for a new one. Her value to her company is business knowledge and the fact she has been there a while. If she found a new job I'm sure it would still be a nice salary but not AS nice. Anyways.... I'd love for her to want to help build up the PC business. I'd take the lead but if she was also active I feel that much more could be achieved. She'd push me and I'd gently encourage her.

Any teams out there?

I don't know anyone personally, but I have heard of couples doing this. I think i could be really successful, especially if you worked well together (some don't!). I think it would be a great way to start off strong...you could both be doing shows on the same days! :)

We have two "teams" in our cluster. It works well, cuz both of the couples play very well off of each other. (One is more of a ham, the other is more quiet) Plus, it sets you apart from all of the other "normal" consultants. (Not that many of us on here would be considered normal by any means!! lol)

You may already know this, but in a "team" situation, only one can be the actual consultant. This is who gets the commission check, accumulates career sales and is on all the forms, etc. But there definitely have been teams that work together at shows, to get bookings, etc. If your wife eventually decided to become the lead, she still couldn't be the official consultant. If she wanted to do that, she'd have to sign up herself and you couldn't transfer career sales over to her, if that makes sense. I apologize if I'm repeating stuff you already know, but I wasn't sure! It's a great idea to work as a team, though. How fun!:)

My husband and I are a team- it's under my name, I get the checks, etc...but we both enjoy the income! He helps me when we have a Farmers' Market booth, at shows, he helps with carrying and is great with people. It's VERY nice to have the support. I do shows alone when he can't be there, so it re-inforces how nice it is when he is!

leahevanson said:
I don't know anyone personally, but I have heard of couples doing this. I think i could be really successful, especially if you worked well together (some don't!). I think it would be a great way to start off strong...you could both be doing shows on the same days! :)

For insurance/liability reasons, the person who is actually on record as the consultant needs to be there doing the show. I know several couples who work together as a team at shows - but you can't be doing separate shows at the same time.

Very good point! That's where recruiting comes in...LOL! (Kind of a pity you can't recruit your spoouse, but I see the reasoning)

cookin to the top said:
Very good point! That's where recruiting comes in...LOL! (Kind of a pity you can't recruit your spoouse, but I see the reasoning)

Plus, if you earn a trip - you can't bring another PC consultant as your guest. (I imagine this would be to keep consultants from combining shows to earn a trip) so you wouldn't want your spouse to be a consultant too. If one of you earned the trip and one of you didn't...OUCH!

My hubby & I are a team. Originally I started out as the consultant. Then he signed up (under my director). We tried to maintain minimums for both of us but that was too much trouble so I ended up dropping. He is the official consultant now. He's really good with people, I'm good at paperwork etc. I wish Pampered Chef had a program like Stampin' Up! In that company he is my "supporting demo". If something happens to me, he can talk to the company & make decisions about my business. He can take over the business when I die, if he wants to. He can attend all company functions with me even though he is not officially a demonstrator with the company. He would be able to do a show for me if he wanted (not that he wants to).

All very good information, thanks. It would be great if both could be part of the business, have their own bookings, etc.

WonderMonkey said:
All very good information, thanks. It would be great if both could be part of the business, have their own bookings, etc.

You can, you would just both have to sign up and keep track of your individual businesses and decide who gets what if you worked together on something.

wadesgirl said:
You can, you would just both have to sign up and keep track of your individual businesses and decide who gets what if you worked together on something.

BUT - in order for both to take advantage of the trips offered, they would both have to seperately earn the trip. You cannot take another PC consultant as your guest on an earned trip. That is one of the biggest reasons why it's good to only have one spouse signed up as the consultant.

1. How does Pampered Chef support and encourage husband and wife teams?

At Pampered Chef, we recognize the unique dynamic and strengths that come with having a husband and wife team. We provide training and resources specifically tailored for couples to help them succeed in their business together. We also have a community of other successful husband and wife teams that can provide support and advice.

2. Can husband and wife teams have separate businesses within Pampered Chef?

Yes, husband and wife teams have the option to run separate businesses within Pampered Chef. However, we encourage couples to work together and utilize their individual strengths to build a successful business together.

3. Are there any special incentives or bonuses for husband and wife teams?

Yes, we offer special incentives and bonuses for husband and wife teams to recognize and reward their hard work and partnership. These may include travel opportunities, bonuses for reaching certain sales goals, and recognition at our annual conference.

4. How do husband and wife teams handle conflicts or disagreements in their business?

Like any partnership, conflicts and disagreements may arise in a husband and wife team. We encourage open communication and setting clear expectations from the beginning to avoid conflicts. Our training and resources also provide tips for effective communication and conflict resolution within a couple's business.

5. What are some benefits of being a husband and wife team at Pampered Chef?

Being a husband and wife team at Pampered Chef has many benefits. You have the opportunity to work together and build a successful business while also having the flexibility to balance your personal and professional lives. Plus, you have the support and community of other successful couples within the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • almondfarm