• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions for Pampered Chef Consultant on Wife's Show Saturday

In summary, the average cost of a show for a PC consultant is $500, it takes about 2 months to make $1000 in sales, and the consultant needs to do at least 7 shows a month to make $1000.
WonderMonkey
I'm going to be speaking to the PC consultant who is going to do my wife's show on Saturday and will be asking these questions of her as well.

I know everyone's business is different but there are "in general" numbers that people already in the business would speak about. So if you have some generic answers for me that would be great. If not, then I respect that.

1 - How much volume, on average, do you need to make that show worth it? Sure a show could result in another booking but then THAT show would need a certain volume to be worth it, and so on. Assuming your average cost of the travel, cooking supplies. etc. what do you feel is "worth it"?

2 - Assuming no recruits, how many shows (or just monthly volume) do you have to have to make $1000 (or whatever amount you want to share). $2000?

3 - How many active recruits do you need to have to where you can really bring in some serious income, whatever that means to you? Is PC setup for that? Knowing that a good side income is awesome in itself, is making say... 100k a reality for anybody other then the top people?

WonderMonkey said:
I'm going to be speaking to the PC consultant who is going to do my wife's show on Saturday and will be asking these questions of her as well.

I know everyone's business is different but there are "in general" numbers that people already in the business would speak about. So if you have some generic answers for me that would be great. If not, then I respect that.

1 - How much volume, on average, do you need to make that show worth it? Sure a show could result in another booking but then THAT show would need a certain volume to be worth it, and so on. Assuming your average cost of the travel, cooking supplies. etc. what do you feel is "worth it"?
What's "worth it" to you? 20$/hour average? If you keep a show to about three hours total time, plus maybe an hour of prep time and call it $10 in tax-deductible expenses (gas and whatnot) At the absolute lowest pay range you would have to have a $450 show. And that's talking minimums.

2 - Assuming no recruits, how many shows (or just monthly volume) do you have to have to make $1000 (or whatever amount you want to share). $2000?
For a new consultant, $4000 in volume.

3 - How many active recruits do you need to have to where you can really bring in some serious income, whatever that means to you? Is PC setup for that? Knowing that a good side income is awesome in itself, is making say... 100k a reality for anybody other then the top people?
$100k a year or a month? :) Yes, 100k a year is a very real possibility for someone serious about the business. It would be possible to do on sales alone, but if you're doing working your business that consistently, you'll have people asking to join your team. How quick you build to that is dependent how much time and effort you invest.
answers in pink

1. I like my shows to be at least $500 in sales.

2. Commission changes according to how much you've sold each month. If you do 8 $500 shows in one month you make $1000 gross. So, definitely in two months if you're consistent with 2 shows a week. I did four kitchen shows and two catalog shows my very first month. $2614 in sales meant $627 gross commission. My second month was less with $1044, so commission was $230 gross. I did $3899 (6 kitchen shows and three catalog shows) last September (07) and commission was $897. After 8 months I did $15,000, so base commission goes up 2%. So the first month with my raise I did $3492 in sales (7 kitchen shows) and my gross commission was $908. As you can see if you do the calculations, my shows do not make it to $500 all the time. I send out the invitations, so I pay postage. Many of my shows I drive over an hour, so gas is a big expense at times, too. I buy a lot of product because I want it. I have earned a lot of product which is great.

3. Not sure.

I'm just a hobby consultant but my answers would be:

1. I think the average show is about $500 and that is a worth it to me. As long as I don't have to use a whole tank of gas, that is. I have to drive 30-50 miles one way to every show I have. But, then again, I am a hobby consultant, so what is worth it to me would be different than for someone else.

2. If you just do average sales ($500) you are going to need at least 10 shows in a month to make $1000...that is, if you have not individual or online orders. But, you aren't going to just do $500 every time...you might do $1000 or even 2 or 3000 depending on your host and where you live.

3. I can't answer this question. I only have 1 recruit and she is inactive right now. People make good money working the PC business. But, you can't make big money as a hobby consultant and I don't think you can make a good income as a part-time consultant. I think if you want to make the big bucks you have to do PC as your job...recruiting, doing lots of shows, talking to everyone about the business, doing major host coaching, customer care, and downline assistance. Someone who is a director or above can better answer this than I can.

KateD said:
answers in pink

Thanks. The pink was killing me! I had to highlight it to keep from going blind.

Thanks everybody for answering.

Looks like you really have the answers. If an average show is $400, then you need 10 shows. Some will be much better, but it's good to err on the side of making you more money. At $500 average, you'd need 8 shows. That's what they suggest. 2 shows per week on average.As for "worth it", there are a ton of variables. I find it worth it even if it's a small show with a fun group, especially if it's IN my town (virtually no travel). I worry less about the amount of sales now b/c it takes care of itself. Sometimes it's $400, sometimes it's $800. It really is about bookings though b/c a consistent calendar is more important than one good/bad show. My worth it is if I had fun (of course, making $ is part of the fun). You also get a 2% raise after $15,000 in sales :).$100,000 per year is possible, but realistically you have to build a good team who build good teams. It's not fast for most people, but definitely possible.Don't hesitate to ask questions. That's what we are here for. I had a TON before I started.

This show you guys are having on Saturday...it will be considered your first show, right? You obviously want to do this! Order your kit now and make next Saturday's party your first party and keep the money! You don't have 1 thing to lose by trying out PC.

That's just my 2 cents! Sometimes people make it too hard. Give it a shot and see what happens!

I'm speaking to the consultant on Saturday at our kid's ball game. My wife is booking a show with her. If I get on board I would want that to be my first show. Seems to work out great, just as you mentioned.

WonderMonkey said:
I'm speaking to the consultant on Saturday at our kid's ball game. My wife is booking a show with her. If I get on board I would want that to be my first show. Seems to work out great, just as you mentioned.

Talk to your consultant about this and get your concerns answered then start with an intro (or kickoff) show - inviting everyone you can think of. You stated your wife would be booking a show with her but she wouldn't want to do that if you want the show to be your first one. The consultant will get much more benefit from the recruit (you) than the booking.

The policy is the consultant who does the demo is the one who gets the commission. Often directors attend the first show of a new consultant and help out especially with order taking and bookings but if she "does" the show she is the consultant for that show. If you do have her do the show put it in YOUR name not your wife's so that you can take advantage of the discount on the kit.

The best deal for you is to host and consult the show - you get the host benefits AND the commission AND your friends see you as their new consultant from the start - way makes up for not using the discount.

Thanks for the advice. After reading threads here for the past few days I was going to approach the consultant with similar goals.

I would also plan on 2 Open Houses or kick-off shows. Send invites for Friday night or Saturday. Most will be able to make one or the other. Who attends and orders Friday night is show #1 for you. Saturday is show #2. You've already gotten 2 under your belt!If you shoot for 1 night, you'll get a lot who can't attend. Also, two times in a row is easier to give up to start.My new recruit is doing this tonight and tomorrow!

Chef Kearns said:
This show you guys are having on Saturday...it will be considered your first show, right? You obviously want to do this! Order your kit now and make next Saturday's party your first party and keep the money! You don't have 1 thing to lose by trying out PC.

That's just my 2 cents! Sometimes people make it too hard. Give it a shot and see what happens!

I agree, it is worth the try. However I have had problems with some who shun the idea of someone joing PC without being 100% committed to a thriving business. ;)

As long as your "up-line" is okay with this then go for it.

If/when I join I'm not promising my upline anything. I'm going to take a small amount of time to feel my way about pampered chef, do a few shows and see if I feel I can make a go at it. If I feel I can then I'll charge ahead full steam. I know NOT charging ahead full steam also means far less then optimal results but I'll keep that in consideration as I evaluate things.

Last edited:
That is the best course of action, WonderMonkey! I think you are serious about what PC can do for you and your family and I do not think you'll be disappointed. Take all of the available training i.e.cluster meetings, online classes, tele classes, weekly calls with your director and you should reach your PC goals.

You can't do it without support from your Upline, Director, etc. I floundered for 8 months in this business before I got very serious! I am now talking to a Recruit and could tell her honestly, this business is what you make it. If you want to sit around and say, "Well no one is wanting to book with me..." and give up, then you won't succeed. I was on that road for 8 months. Then I realized if my circle of friends (which isn't a lot of people since I am new to the area) weren't booking for me, I needed to expand my circle!! I just did 2 Kids in the Kitchen Workshops last week, have a booth at the local Apple Festival tomorrow, a table at an Administrative Professionals Meeting on Tuesday, a vendor fair at a Harvest Festival next Saturday, and 3 catalog shows that will close the 31st! My November is booked well too! I am looking for some more cooking shows to do. I am hoping to find people at the vendor booths over the next week to boost it up. My first recruit will have her Cooking Show for me in November when she will get all the bookings and the $40 discount on her kit! I talked to her today and encouraged her to really work on her sales! I met her eating at the local Chick-Fil-A when I was wearing my PC t-shirt! If I had known all I know now (and learned on here since July), I would be at $15,000 in career sales instead of just a little over $3,000! I have set a goal of $1,000 in sales this month plus accepted a challenge on here for $3,000 in sales for November! I am going to work hard to get it and try every avenue I can think of. Does your children attend a school or sports that could use a fundraiser? You never know where you will find someone! Good luck!

1. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can either sign up online or through a current consultant. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes all the necessary tools and training materials to get started. You can then host parties and sell products to earn income.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a fun and easy way to earn free products and discounts. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party. You also get the chance to try out new recipes and learn cooking tips from a Pampered Chef consultant.

3. What types of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and cookware, including bakeware, cookware, knives, utensils, and small appliances. They also have a variety of pantry items and seasonings to enhance your cooking. All of their products are designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable.

4. Can I order Pampered Chef products online?

Yes, you can easily order Pampered Chef products online through their website or through a consultant's personal website. You can also place an order through a Pampered Chef party or by contacting a consultant directly.

5. Is there a warranty on Pampered Chef products?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a satisfaction guarantee on all of their products. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Many of their products also come with a limited lifetime warranty for added peace of mind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WonderMonkey
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • melissa3026
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
melissa3026
  • babywings76