• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Males Are Interested, on Your Team, Successful, Etc?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a male who is interested in becoming a consultant for a direct sales company specializing in kitchen products. He expresses his concerns about potential challenges as a male consultant, but is encouraged by others who have found success in the business. Suggestions are given for him to use his male identity to his advantage and make his shows entertaining. The conversation ends with others encouraging him to sign up and offering to connect him with another male consultant.
WonderMonkey
Male here. I know there would be challenges for a male that would not exist for a female and that doesn't bother me but I WOULD like to hear about your experiences in this area. My wife has bought PC products over a period of time and I love them. Great stuff. I do lots of side work in the software industry and I'm looking to do something different.

What are your experiences with male prospective and active consultants?

I have a male on my team (my brother) and I will be so excited when he decides to really work his business. Men do really well in this business. After all, what woman wouldn't like to like to go a show and have a man cook for them- just the novelty of it should ensure you have good attendance at your shows. Instead of the tool turn about, and consultant's tote- use a 5 gallon bucket, with a tool organizer it it- wear a tool belt instead of your PC apron- really play up the fact that you are a MAN!!!!!

I would think that if a male is dynamic it would really help.Nice ideas on the playing up to the male-ness of it all. I'm an entertainer at heart and even did a little stand-up during college. I think over a period of time I could have a few "shows" that would be inventive. I just wonder how effective they would really be.

I say go for it. I am a very entertaining consultant (if I may say so myself) and guests at my shows, and hostess thank me for making the show so much fun. They say they have never been to a show that was so much fun, and my bookings and show totals are reflecting that. Start right off with the entertaining shows, and people will flock to you to book. People want to be entertained and educated at the same time. Find your niche, and I say the "Man" show is the way to go. I know that men will appreciate "man" shows, and so many more men do all the cooking in the household. Also, men will spend more $$, because they know the value of a good tool, in our out of the kitchen!

Sounds like you would be great! There are some VERY successful Men who are consultants. Go for it!

There are several male consultants on this site that could probably give you a lot better advice than me. But, I say go for it!! It's all about the presentation, and if you feel comfortable in front of people, enjoy entertaining, did a little stand up and know how to work the room, this should come pretty easy for you. Especially if you love PC products and love to cook. I'll be honest, doing DS is not easy for me and doesn't come naturally, but just b/c of my love of PC, I have been successful (at least what I consider successful for myself)!!

Would using a cordless drill as a mixing motor go too far in the entertainment area?

WonderMonkey said:
Would using a cordless drill as a mixing motor go too far in the entertainment area?

you and KG (Kitchen Guy) will get along marveously!!
I guess it depends on your crowd.....personally, I would find it funny:D

I appreciate the thoughts from you all. I'm strongly considering signing up.

I say go for it !!! You will never know until you try it. If after 4 shows, you find out that it is not for you, what have you lost? nothing ! What have you gained? $500 in product, commission on the 4 shows, any PC$$ you have earned, and the knowledge that you tried something. BUT- If after 4 shows, and you find out it is for you ? You have gained a business of your own, doing something you love!!!!!

I've been working with a potential male consultant for exactly one year! He's even been told by his male co-workers to give it a try. The key for anyone to succeed is to be enthusiastic and enjoy what you are doing. Male or female.
Good luck to you! and be prepared - you are sure to be bombarded with offers shortly!

Monkey,Have you signed up yet? Have you been to a show? If not, where do you live and I'll bet we can hook you up with another male consultant to see his shows.

Oh, and what kind of work do you do? Hubby is a programmer.

cmdtrgd said:
Monkey,

Have you signed up yet? Have you been to a show? If not, where do you live and I'll bet we can hook you up with another male consultant to see his shows.

I haven't signed up yet and I am already working with a consultant. It's actually a consultant that my wife is talking to about doing a show for her. I'm sneaking in on the side and talking to the consultant about the business.

cmdtrgd said:
Oh, and what kind of work do you do? Hubby is a programmer.

Depending on the day of the week I am either an architect or a senior developer. Technologies are .NET, SQL Server, SharePoint, etc.

Hey.. I thought one of our top sales person was a male. Love the idea.. your shows will be a hit!!

I think as long as you are enthusiastic about the products, you'll do great!!

One of my best hosts is a guy. He's had two $1100 shows for me, one of them a catalog show. I've tried to get him to sign but he won't. One of my current recruit leads is a man.There are a few men on here, maybe one of them will pop up. Just beware of LeftyMac, he's trouble! JK, where had Lefty ben at?

WonderMonkey said:
Depending on the day of the week I am either an architect or a senior developer. Technologies are .NET, SQL Server, SharePoint, etc.

Welcome to the crazy family! I actually understand what you are saying about your job...kind of weird...you gotta know me to understand that. Anyhoo, you seem like the outgoing type that would be lots of fun at shows. I do know of another male consultant who sells anywhere between $5 and 30K per MONTH! He is also called the "tap dancing consultant" because that is what he does at his show. I think it helps that he is entertaining and has a niche.

I can tell you that as a guy, I have never had anyone look at me weird or think it's strange when I tell them I am a consultant. The challenges I've had are the same for everyone -- regardless of whether they are male or female consultants: finding shows, coaching hosts, etc.

cmdtrgd said:
Welcome to the crazy family! I actually understand what you are saying about your job...kind of weird...you gotta know me to understand that. Anyhoo, you seem like the outgoing type that would be lots of fun at shows. I do know of another male consultant who sells anywhere between $5 and 30K per MONTH! He is also called the "tap dancing consultant" because that is what he does at his show. I think it helps that he is entertaining and has a niche.

30k in one month? How many and what type of shows does he have to do for that?

My first recruit and I are both male and have been in the business over 2 years. It's the best job I've ever had. I can't wait to go from part time to full time. The products sell themselves. Couples parties work well for male consultants. The men are more apt to be interested in what and how you are cooking and they tell their wives to buy everything. Good luck!

1. How many males are on your team?

The number of males on our team varies depending on the region and current members. However, we are always looking for talented individuals, regardless of gender, to join our team.

2. Are there successful male representatives at Pampered Chef?

Yes, we have many successful male representatives at Pampered Chef. Our company values diversity and welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and genders.

3. How many males are interested in becoming a Pampered Chef representative?

We do not have the exact numbers of males who are interested in becoming a Pampered Chef representative. However, we are always open to considering and training new representatives, regardless of gender.

4. Are there any male leaders or executives at Pampered Chef?

Yes, we have male leaders and executives at Pampered Chef. We believe in promoting and supporting individuals based on their skills, talents, and qualifications, regardless of their gender.

5. How does Pampered Chef support and empower its male representatives?

Pampered Chef supports and empowers all its representatives, regardless of gender. We provide training, resources, and a supportive community to help our representatives succeed in their businesses. We also have a mentorship program that connects new representatives with experienced leaders, including male leaders, for guidance and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WonderMonkey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chef_dagian
  • Malinda Klein