• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Strange Encounter at My Booth

In summary, the speaker had a confusing encounter with a lady at an event who seemed interested in becoming a consultant for Pampered Chef but then kept shooting down offers and refused to provide contact information. The speaker speculates that the lady may already be a consultant for another company or may just be a slow thinker.
babywings76
Gold Member
I had a very weird encounter on Saturday at my booth I did. At the end of the event, there was this one lady who came over to check things out. She seemed to have never heard of Pampered Chef. She was asking about a product to use on all her apples (she has a small orchard). So I was showing her all the different things we have that she could possibly use, none of which she felt confident that it was what she was looking for. Then she started asking me about how you become a consultant, how much it costs, what you earn, what the requirements are to be active, etc. Sounds great, right? But then with every question of interest she was giving me the opposite reaction of interest. Confusing? Yeah. She seemed really timid and quiet. She said she's not very aggressive and couldn't do sales. I offered her the brochures and the opportunity line #, but she refused. I tried to keep a slow, steady pace-to be even with hers as to not overwhelm her with info. She'd shoot down my offers, but then go on to ask additional questions! AAHH! She was looking through the catalog page by page for about 10 minutes! I offered to do a show for her or have her come to a show so she could see what a consultant does (she was brand new to the whole concept of home shows!), but she wasn't interested. I asked for her contact info, she said that wasn't a good idea. That she had the catalog with my info and that was good enough for now. Oh my, what on earth was that all about!

Maybe she was a consultant already???

Or maybe she is just on of those "slow thinkers" who has to mull everything over in her mind. Let it go and it may come back to you.

Alien trying to gain a better understanding of humans?

raebates said:
Alien trying to gain a better understanding of humans?

Thank you for that coffee-spewing moment, Rae....:D:p

Sounds more like she is already in Direct Sales and is just checking out Pampered Chef to compare while she is recruiting for her company.

1. What happened during your strange encounter at your booth?

During the event, a man approached my booth and began talking to me in a language I didn't understand. He seemed very agitated and kept pointing at the products. I tried to communicate with him but he just kept speaking in a foreign language. It was a very strange and uncomfortable experience.

2. Did you call for help during the encounter?

Yes, I immediately called for my manager who was able to speak the man's language and diffuse the situation. It turns out, the man was trying to tell me that he had purchased a similar product from another company and was not satisfied with it. He wanted to know if our product was better.

3. How did the man react when your manager arrived?

When my manager arrived and began speaking to the man in his language, the man's demeanor completely changed. He became very friendly and started asking questions about our products. He even ended up purchasing a few items from our booth and left with a smile on his face.

4. How did you handle the situation after the man left?

After the man left, my manager and I discussed the encounter and how we could better handle similar situations in the future. We also made sure to have a translator available at all times during the event to avoid any misunderstandings with customers who do not speak English.

5. Has this type of encounter happened before at your booth?

This was the first time I've had a strange encounter like this at my booth. However, we do encounter customers who do not speak English and we always try our best to accommodate them and make them feel welcome. We also have resources available, like a translation app, to help us communicate with customers who do not speak English.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • finley1991