• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Well, That Was Odd (Question About Recruiting!)

In summary, Jessica was talking to a bank drive-up window employee about Pampered Chef when this woman, who claimed to be Jessica, asked her questions about the business. The prospect said she will meet with the woman tomorrow to discuss the opportunity.
Jessamary
So there I am at the bank drive-up window, retrieving my deposit verification and three suckers (3 kids, you know!) and this woman calls out to me, "Hey, are you Jessica?" I say I am, and she walks up to the open window. (I have PC decals on my van windows.) She asking me questions about the business! Then, she says she needs a job and she'd love to do Pampered Chef! :cool:

Well, we're meeting tomorrow at 5:30 to talk, but the only thing is she doesn't have a car right now. Does anyone on here do PC without transportation? Do you walk or call a cab or have someone drive you or what?

Anywho, I just thought it was so strange and cool all at the same time!

WOW!!! what a great thing! I don't have an answer for the no transportation thing~maybe she has a friend that wants to join, too and they can split shows???

Or have her host the shows at her house! I hosted one here over the weekend for one of my hosts and it was perfect because I didn't have to cart my stuff around!!

My director has 1 car in her family and her husband works over an hour away. She just arranges her schedule carefully. She also asks guests, friends and hostesses to pick her up. She offer a gift to the hostess or guest in exchange for the ride.

It's been interesting for me to do this without my own car. Even living in Chicago I rent a car every time I have a show, which can be expensive for me because as I'm starting out, my commissions are equal to or less than my rental and gas. The only thing that honestly keeps me going in this is knowing I can get a deduction on this...unless someone knows otherwise.

Also, I live an hour away from my cluster meetings (they all live far out in the suburbs) so I haven't been to one yet. I can't afford to rent a car all the time and taking the commuter trains turns a 90 minute meeting into a 5 hour trek. My director can't find anyone near me to do hospitality, so I feel I'm going it alone sometimes.

Well, not always since I found this board.

I guess your prospect needs to really factor that into her decision. I wish I did. I don't know how much it costs to rent cars there or the price of a cab, but that's a huge expense starting out. If there is a way for her to hook up with hosts that are generous, get rides from other consultants or her family, or just simple make huge sales at every show, I think she'll be ok. Otherwise, she may want to consider another opportunity.

I have a downline who does not drive, but she is now taking driving lessons. Her husband drives her to all of her show. She is doing Okay, staying active, but that is all that she wants.

It isn't easy - but it can be done. I've written before about this woman - but there is an Amish Director that doesn't drive - she rides her bike to shows (with her products) if the party is within 5 miles. Otherwise she borrows her neighbors horse and cart. For anything over 10 miles she hires a driver who has to wait for her to finish. She knows that if she doesn't sell at least $500 at those parties she won't break even.

She consistently sells close to $10,000 per month and has a successful business. If she can do it - anyone can! She had been laid off at the local factory and didn't want to go back - if there's a will there is a way!!

1. What is "Well, That Was Odd"?

"Well, That Was Odd" is a phrase commonly used in the recruiting industry to describe a situation or experience that was unexpected or unusual.

2. How is "Well, That Was Odd" related to recruiting?

In the recruiting world, "Well, That Was Odd" is often used to describe strange or uncommon experiences during the recruitment process, such as odd interview questions or unexpected job requirements.

3. Why is it important to be aware of odd experiences in recruiting?

Being aware of odd experiences in recruiting can help candidates and recruiters identify potential red flags or issues within a company's hiring process. It can also help candidates determine if a company is the right fit for them.

4. Can odd experiences be positive in the recruiting process?

Yes, odd experiences can sometimes be positive in the recruiting process. They can show a company's unique culture and allow candidates to showcase their creativity and adaptability.

5. How can candidates handle odd experiences during the recruiting process?

If a candidate encounters an odd experience during the recruiting process, it is important to stay calm and professional. Candidates can ask clarifying questions or address any concerns with the recruiter or hiring manager. It is also important to trust their instincts and decide if the company is the right fit for them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Tenille V.
  • cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Boomerjojo