• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Subject: Watch for Those “Green Flags”

In summary, this conversation from Success Factory discusses the importance of recognizing "green flags" from potential recruits during parties or events. These signals can include non-verbal cues such as arriving early or staying late, as well as verbal cues like asking about the business or the hours involved. It is important to listen and ask questions to identify a person's need and then show them how the company can fulfill it.
mrssyvo
Once again, another great article from Success Factory. This info is incredible.

While we would all love it if people walked up to us at our parties, pen and checkbook in hand begging us to join our company, the truth of the matter is, that is a rare occurrence. However, guests at our parties do give us signals that they are interested in the business in many ways. We just have to have our “recruiting glasses” on and learn to recognize those signals.

We call these signals “green flags”. Here are some things you can watch and listen for from guests, customers and friends that tell you they may be interested in doing what you do!

Non-verbal:
1) Guests who arrive early - “I couldn't wait til I could get OUT tonight!”

2) Guests who stay late - “I don't want to get home before the kid's bedtime.”

Both of these are signs of people in what we jokingly call the “need a life” category (TSF recognizes herself hereJ.) Their “need” might be getting a break from the bedtime routine once in a while!

3) Guests who ask to help you pack up your products (she might want a moment alone with you to chat about the business!) LET THEM HELP! Ask questions like the following and then zip your lip… “Did you enjoy the presentation?” “What products did you like?” “Have you ever thought about doing something like this?”

4) Guests who take forever pouring over the catalog and don't place a very large order “These are people who's “need” might be extra income - ( at the very least they should host a party and get FREE or discounted product.)

5) Guests who order everything! Do you realize you get a discount as one of our consultants?

6) Guests who want to order everything! Love the product…”you're just the kind of person we are looking for, if I gave you some information would you read it?”

Verbal:
1) “How's your business going for you?” How about THIS for an answer… “UNBELIEVABLE!” (Covers good and bad!)… “I'm curious why do you ask?”

2) “Does your husband like that you do this?” He loves the trips (money…whatever), “I'm curious, why do you ask?”

3) “How many hours a week do you do this?” I do this about ____hours a week, but that's the beauty of my company. Our hours are flexible; we can work around our family's schedule… “I'm curious, why do you ask?”

4) “Did you have to buy all your samples?” “Yes, the purchase of a product kit is how I got started, but I found I earned my investment back after my first (*you fill in the number) of parties… “I'm curious, why do you ask?”

5) “ Do you actually use these products?” Hopefully you ARE using the products and can let them know what discount you get… “I'm curious, why do you ask?”

6) “Now comes the bad part - you have to clean up right?” “Yes, but the great thing is I'm getting paid to pick up!”

When people ask us questions about our business it gets tricky. We LOVE to talk, talk, talk about ourselves AND our business. The problem is, we can just BLAST them with too much information…Answer their question simply and quickly, but after be sure to add, some kind of a question such as “I'm curious, why do you ask?” -or- “Have you ever thought about doing this kind of work?” -or- “Is this something you'd like more information about?” (Then BE QUIET, listen for the answer to identify their need). Based on their answer, you should be able to show them how your company can fill that need! We will be featuring more recruiting tips on future emails, but in the meantime, watch and listen for those GREEN FLAGS!

I completely agree, this article is full of great tips and advice for recognizing potential recruits at parties. It's so important to pay attention to those non-verbal cues and ask questions to gauge interest. I also love the reminder to not overload people with information, but instead focus on their needs and how the business can fulfill them. Thanks for sharing this valuable information!

What are "green flags" and why should I watch out for them?

"Green flags" are positive signs or behaviors that indicate a healthy and potentially successful relationship. It is important to watch out for these green flags because they can help you avoid red flags and find a partner who is compatible and respectful.

What are some examples of "green flags"?

Examples of "green flags" include good communication, mutual respect, honesty, trust, and support for each other's goals and interests. These behaviors show that the person is caring, responsible, and committed to the relationship.

How can I spot "green flags" in a new relationship?

Pay attention to how the person treats you and others, how they communicate, and how they handle conflicts. Notice if they are respectful, honest, and supportive. Also, observe if the relationship feels balanced, with both partners putting in effort and making compromises.

Why is it important to be aware of "green flags" in a relationship?

Being aware of "green flags" can help you make better decisions and avoid getting into a toxic or unhealthy relationship. It can also help you build a strong and positive foundation for a long-term, fulfilling partnership.

Can "green flags" change over time?

Yes, "green flags" can change over time as people and relationships evolve. It is important to continue to communicate and pay attention to each other's needs and behaviors to maintain a healthy and happy relationship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jolie_Paradoxe