• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Giving My New Recruit the VIP Treatment

In summary, the new recruit was a guest at a show and joked about her past host with the present host. The past host is scheduled to do a show with the new recruit's top host and the new recruit said something about wanting the past host to help her out. The new recruit is not scheduled for the catty show that the past host booked. The new recruit is scheduled for the show that the past host booked. The new recruit is also scheduled for the show that the past host was already scheduled to do. The new recruit is not scheduled for the catalog show that the past host was already scheduled to do. The new recruit is not scheduled for the show that the past host was already
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Do you give a new recruit your customers?

I just signed my first recruit. She was a guest at a show. The host and a few of the guests work with my top host. We joked about him at the show because he's a silly guy! Then after the guest signed up she said something to the extent of having my past host do a show for her to help her out. My past host is scheduled to do a November catalog show with me. His shows have always been over $1100 which would be great during SAT. I've been working with him almost my entire business.

I was planning on giving my new recruit the catalog show that was booked from the show she attended but what do I do about my past host? Maybe I'm thinking too much into this!

Figured I would bump this and see if anyone has anything to say by the time I get home from work.

I give my recruits shows booked off their shows or any booking with known family and friends. If they are mere acquaintances or my past hosts and not close friends or relatives, I'd keep them.Do you have the Guide for Directing New Consultants or whatever the exact title is? If not, ask your director to share. There is some great wording/training in there to help your new consultant make her list of 100 and book new shows from their acquaintances, not yours.

I wouldn't give up your host you already have scheduled with you. You have worked for that business relationship and you deserve to keep it. It will not help you out any if you give that lead/show to her.

I honestly wouldn't give her the catty show either. The way I see it, she was a guest at the show who decided to sign at the show. She needs to find her own shows. Now, if she was the host who decided to sign up, then I give her the catty show b/c she did the work to get the guests there and what not.

This is just what I would do! I can't justify handing off a possible $1k show! You have worked for your business :)

I would not give her the show you already have scheduled. You worked for that relationship and deserve to keep it. Plus, that host obviously enjoys working with YOU!

I would give her the catty show you booked at the show. That's how I got my first show. I signed after attending a show and my upline gave me the show she booked. BUT it was a close friend of mine (both girls-host and booking).

I agree with LiquidSky. If she were the host I'd give her the catalog show. Definitely not your long-time host with the big shows. You want to help, sure, but she'll be better off getting her own shows. Offer to let her come "watch" your big show.

I'm not too worried about giving her the other catalog show - I haven't even mentioned to her, just the host because I was asking if they knew each other (recruit and new catalog host). I just felt really selfish for "keeping" my past host.

Don't feel selfish! The past host has a business relationship with you already. If they decide to reschedule with your new recruit, then it's up to them - but don't give them away. You want to keep that relationship going in case (heaven forbid!) the new recruit ends up not doing anything, or quitting after a year. Then your past host still feels comfortable coming back to you.

I think by not offering her the Nov catalog show it will create some tension between you, her, and the Nov Host. Plus don't you want her to get off on the right foot, get motivated and stay motivated??

Personally, for me, my recruits get all leads either from their opening shows, or any present customers of mine who are attached to them. At least for 1 show, after that, if the customer wants me to do a show rather than the recruit, well then that is their decision.

I think its up to her whether or not she asks your past host to help her out...and then its up to him to decide yes or no. He may decide to hold that Nov. show with her, but he might just decided to do a show with her and keep his Nov. show. I wouldn't mention it to her. I would just continue to work with him as if nothing has been said. It sounds like you have a good working relationship with him. I would just walk her through that list of 100 names to get her shows booked. Whether or not he holds a show for her is up to him. We can work with our customers all we want and even if we have lots of parties and work well together, they do not belong to us.

1. How do I welcome my new recruit to the team?

As a seasoned consultant, it's important to make your new recruit feel welcomed and supported from the start. You can do this by sending them a personalized welcome message, introducing them to the rest of the team, and providing them with any necessary training materials or resources.

2. What is the "VIP Treatment" for new recruits?

The "VIP Treatment" refers to the extra attention and support given to new recruits to help them get off to a successful start in their Pampered Chef business. This can include one-on-one coaching, personalized training, and ongoing communication to answer any questions or provide guidance.

3. How can I help my new recruit set goals and create a plan for their business?

Setting goals and creating a plan is crucial for the success of any business, and it's no different for Pampered Chef consultants. As their mentor, you can guide your new recruit in setting realistic and achievable goals, and then work with them to create a plan of action to reach those goals.

4. What are some ways to motivate and encourage my new recruit?

Motivation and encouragement are key factors in helping your new recruit stay motivated and excited about their Pampered Chef business. Some ways to do this include recognizing their successes, providing positive feedback, and offering incentives for reaching milestones.

5. How can I make sure my new recruit feels supported and part of the team?

Feeling supported and part of a team can make a huge difference for new recruits, especially when starting a new business. As their mentor, you can make an effort to include them in team meetings, events, and activities, and be available to answer any questions or concerns they may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MakinBacon
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Patty Davis
  • Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • slhalepc