• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Really Want to Help This Girl.

In summary, the potential recruit said she could not come up with the money for the kit. She is excited about the new promo and booked for a show in November. Her family is not supportive, but she is a responsible young woman and is excited about the opportunity.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have a potential recruit....she hosted in April. I met her at her friends Bridal Shower, and she fell in love with all of the products. She is 19-20, and out on her own, in her own apt. and working at a factory. I talked to her about the business opportunity at that time, but... She said no, because her family had sort of scoffed at the idea, saying she wouldn't be able to get up in front of people, etc.....plus, she said there was no way she could ever come up with even $115 for the kit.She was at a show again last night, and is sooo excited about the new promo w/ 2 free pieces of stoneware - she also booked for Nov. for the stoneware deal. I told her again that I would love to talk more with her about the business, and she said that she would love to do it - but that there is just no way she could come up with the money. For her, I realize this is a true statement. She has very little - lives in a sparsely furnished little apt., (nothing to sell to come up with the cash) - doesn't have credit cards or internet service, and doesn't have anyone that would loan her that amount of money. (Non-supportive family) So, as much as I would love to help her, and as much as I think she really needs PC - for the extra $, and for the self-esteem - I'm at a loss right now with the next step to help her out.Any ideas or advice?

Well we know about the kit credit, so what if she could commit to saving $20 a week from now till her show in November. She could use kit credit and then have the additional funds for the rest of the kit, and then turn her show in November into the announcement that she is joining PC and you give her all the bookings to get her started?

PamperedDor said:
Well we know about the kit credit, so what if she could commit to saving $20 a week from now till her show in November. She could use kit credit and then have the additional funds for the rest of the kit, and then turn her show in November into the announcement that she is joining PC and you give her all the bookings to get her started?

I did mention that to her last night - about saving a little bit every week until her show! (Great minds think alike, Dor!) She said "maybeeee"....

I know that money is extremely tight for her - but I think I might call her this afternoon and talk to her about that option again.

Find out if she is a starbucks drinker, smoker or buys lunch every day - just those little cutbacks could pay for her kit AND get her started in a business where she can make great money and earn free products! Its a win win situation, she has nothing to loose and everything to gain - she will get her money back in 1 - 2 shows!;)

Oh do call her as well - and mention Jillian Eisenburg who started this business when she was 20 and look at her now! Talk about inspiration! (Jillian actually borrowed the $ from her mom to pay for her kit)

PamperedDor said:
Oh do call her as well - and mention Jillian Eisenburg who started this business when she was 20 and look at her now! Talk about inspiration! (Jillian actually borrowed the $ from her mom to pay for her kit)

LOL - I did mention Jillian, but maybe I'll send her the article from Empowering Women!

She is such a sweet girl, and very responsible for her age. I really think this is a great opportunity for her.

Won't she have to have the Internet to submit orders online? I didn't know if there was another way to do it or not. I hope things work out for her and that you are able to help her get started!!

hollye44 said:
Won't she have to have the Internet to submit orders online? I didn't know if there was another way to do it or not. I hope things work out for her and that you are able to help her get started!!

When I first started, I didn't have internet access and submitted my shows via fax. That is an option for her.

I sure hope she decides to join, Becky. Sounds like she really needs this! It's too bad her family isn't supportive...I can't imagine not supporting my daughter in anything she wants to do! Good luck! :)

I hate it when family is not supportive! I had two 18 y/o recruits (they were friends with each other) this past summer with 2 different outcomes.

1) was home-schooled and her perents were very supportive. She had a job waiting tables at a local restaurant and she really wanted to do this so she saved her tip money to buy the kit. She did this as a summer job. She's at college right now and plans to submit enough to stay active.

2) was very interested (more so than her friend). Her mom was a past-host. While we were talking her mom came over and said "oh no - you don't want to do THAT!" She and I talked a few times, but she did not sign.

Last edited:
I heard somewhere, I think from nancy Jo, that she suggests to lthose who want to sign, but do not have the $$, is to ask 3 friends if they would each invest $50 in their friend, and after their first commision check, they would have it back, and she would have a business.

I still haven't told my family b/c I know they'll think it's a bad idea, so I know how that poor girl feels!!

Hathery said:
I still haven't told my family b/c I know they'll think it's a bad idea, so I know how that poor girl feels!!

So what made you decide to take the plunge, if you knew your family was against it? I'd love any info that can help me with her. This one really isn't about me - I see how her eyes light up with the product, and when I mention my job.....

Obviously, you couldn't rely on family to have your first shows for you, so did you have friends who did that?

If she really wants to do this, she'll find a way! I really don't have much else to add but she does sound like a very well rounded young lady with a good head on her shoulders. She needs to realize that she's an adult and can make choices on her own, not by her mother any more. And good for her not having any credit cards! Better to start off safe than to get yourself into debt. My aunt tried to recruit me for her DS business that cost so much the company offers a line of credit for you to purcahse their kit :eek: No way was I doing that!

hollye44 said:

P3 also has the capability now to be used by more than one consultant. She could come over to Becky's, or Becky could come over to her place if she has a laptop, and enter shows that way. Once she gets her business up and running, she could use her commission for that internet access, even if it's NetZero at $9.99 a month...

ETA of course, not having internet access doesn't mean she doesn't have a computer... If she does, she could do all the work on her own computer, back it up, and take it to Becky's just to submit. Becky could then combine those appointments with training :)

ChefBeckyD said:
So what made you decide to take the plunge, if you knew your family was against it? I'd love any info that can help me with her. This one really isn't about me - I see how her eyes light up with the product, and when I mention my job.....

Obviously, you couldn't rely on family to have your first shows for you, so did you have friends who did that?

I work in a fairly large office and have held several jobs since I moved, so I know a LOT of people here. My husband's family is also supportive. Most of my hosts have come from coworkers to start.

I decided to go for it (even though my family wouldn't approve), because if I listened to my mom every time she was against something...I'd have missed out on a lot of things by now! haha.

WONDERFUL UPDATE!

This sweet girl had her show today. When I got there, she told me that she had been thinking about it, and she had decided she was going to ask for the kit for Christmas from her parents.:thumbup:

When I told her about the deal PC is offering right now, she got even more excited about it, and as soon as her mom walked in (first one there for the party) she pounced on her about it. Her mom wasn't really supportive (big surprise) but during the show, when I talked about the value of the kit, the starting cost of the kit, and the potential for getting it for $55....she seemed to warm up a bit to the idea.

My host/recruit said she is going to keep working on her. She is sure she can get to at least the $500 level in sales, and be able to get the kit for $75!

I'm so excited for her!

Crossing my fingers and toes for your host/future recruit!

pamperedharriet said:
Crossing my fingers and toes for your host/future recruit!

Me too - I don't think I've ever wanted this for someone as much as I want it for her. She said today that she was concerned because she's always been shy, but I think her shyness stems from a lack of self-esteem. I would love for PC to be an esteem booster for her!

Parents can be so lame! I hope I'm not ever that way to my kids. If she has a lack of self esteem and from the sound of her mom's lack of support, I'm guessing you host/recruit is afraid to fail because she doesn't want to hear it from Mom.

You are a great encourager, so just do your thing.

You've done a great job, Becky. I sure hope she can join us! Does PC HO have any sort of scholarship/grant for people in her situation to get them started?

I am not shy by any means, but the thought of standing in front of a crowd and having all eyes on me intimidated me at first. But then I channelled my inner cheerleader and it changed everything. I can have the WORST day at work and be totally miserable, but when I get to the show and walk in the host's house, all doubts and worries and troubles are gone. It sometimes feels like I am acting, and I LOVE IT!!!

Best of luck to you. I agree w/ Jae, I think the self-esteem issues are from her mom and feel terrible for her. My take on it would be to tell her that when she is really successful and earns Disney to NOT take her mom on the trip, or anyone from her family...but I probably really wouldn't say that...but I would think it!!!

Right now is a VERY good time for her to sign. I have to admit, without a supportive family, I'd be tempted to do a small contract with her where I pay the up front cost & let her pay me back a % from her first few commission checks until she's paid for the kit in full. ;)

She can also put P3 on a jump drive & submit shows from ANY computer including one at the library. :D

Glad to see that her Mom is now starting to come around & warm up to the idea of backing her in her dream. I think getting the kit as her "Christmas Present" is a great idea. Maybe she can even put out the word to all her friends & family that she wants cash this year to start her new business? That way she'll have a little more money to help purchase business cards, etc.

RANT: And why is it that people who have failed in their own life are so determined to push down their child so that they won't do better than the parent did? :confused: I hate to see people do that to their children. :grumpy:

This is great Becky. Thanks for updating.

Here's an idea - I heard from Don Funt

If the host can have at least $600 she will get $115 in FPV - which means she can use the $100 kit coupon. You could buy the kit for, give her the bookings, and still make some commission. Don Funt said he offers this right off to those who hesitate because of the cost. If they absolutely have no one to help them, you're their only hope. Plus, you'll make sure to give them the proper training they need to help them succeed because YOU invested YOUR OWN money in them. Make sense?

I love the idea someone mentioned about having the recruit come over to use P3 and then turning it into a training session. Great Idea!

That would be awesome, Becky! I really hope that Mom doesn't change her mind, except to go for it.

My new recruit's hubby was not too supportive at first but told her she could try it if she wanted to. She called me Friday morning and asked if she could stop by to talk a little. Bless her heart, she had been putting away money for 6 weeks and had all her $169.34 in CASH for me! We signed her up online! After doing her Cooking Show on Friday night, even though it was just me, her Mom, her 3 kids, and eventually her hubby, I told her that it would work out fine! I hung around, answering questions they all had, showing them the quality of all our products, made the Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup (which they loved), she said the next day, he loved everything I told him and was now super supportive! WOOHOO!

Just be her biggest cheerleader! She can do it and it will do wonders for her self-esteem!

I am new and would love that article too. Could you send it to me please or post the link here. Thanks.

pampcheflynda said:
I am new and would love that article too. Could you send it to me please or post the link here. Thanks.

What article?:confused:

What is "I Really Want to Help This Girl"?

"I Really Want to Help This Girl" is a campaign created by Pampered Chef to support women and girls around the world. Through this campaign, we aim to provide resources, education, and opportunities for women and girls to thrive.

How do I get involved with "I Really Want to Help This Girl"?

There are several ways to get involved with "I Really Want to Help This Girl." You can make a donation to our campaign, host a cooking party or event to raise funds, or purchase select products from Pampered Chef where a portion of the proceeds will go towards the campaign. You can also spread the word and share our message on social media.

Where do the donations for "I Really Want to Help This Girl" go?

All donations made to "I Really Want to Help This Girl" go towards supporting organizations and programs that empower women and girls. We carefully select and partner with organizations that align with our mission and have a proven track record of making a positive impact in the lives of women and girls.

Are there any specific products or events related to "I Really Want to Help This Girl"?

Yes, there are select products and events that are specifically tied to our campaign. These products and events will have a portion of their proceeds donated to "I Really Want to Help This Girl." Look for the "I Really Want to Help This Girl" logo on our website or at a Pampered Chef party near you.

Can I donate directly to "I Really Want to Help This Girl" without purchasing products or hosting an event?

Yes, you can make a direct donation to our campaign through our website or by contacting our customer service team. Your donation will go towards supporting women and girls in need, and every contribution makes a difference in their lives. We appreciate your support!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Mom 55
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
  • cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • vhadley