• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Duped by a Kitnapper: My Tale of Frustration

In summary, a lady who was invited to a PC fundraiser place her order online and contacted the organizer to do a show. She then qualified for a 300 PC$ bonus and did her first show as her grand opening. She then did a catty show to qualify and got 300 PC$. The organizer gave up $600 in sales because the show was counted as her first show. The organizer is frustrated because the lady never did a show and never contacted them about it. The lady is a kitnapper who owns her own business beside PC.
peichef
Argh.

I have been duped. Several months ago, a lady who was invited to a PC fundraiser place her order online. She then contacted me to do a show and within a day was inquiring about becoming a consultant.
We did her first show as her grand opening. I did the show but counted it as her first show. She split it into 3 shows. Then did a catty show to qualify & gt her 300 PC$. (Back when the May bonus was on).

So skip to now. She hasn't done a show. Emails today to tell me she ordered stuff today using her PC$ but won't be selling PC after all.

I gave up over $600 in sales (her show) to count it as her first show(s). During SAT!!!! She didn't even earn those 300PC dollars. I did.

I am so frustrated. A week ago she indicated that she had a friend who was going to do a show for her this month, but she was nervous. I offered any help I could give.

She never came to a cluster meeting (had legitimate obstacles), never participated in a single weekly training call that our larger cluster offers to all new consultants.

I didn't want to believe it, but I think she was a kitnapper.

She owns her own business beside PC (personal trainer) so I would have thought that she'd understand what's involved in running a business & the sacrifice I made financially to get her off to a good start. Duh, me.

Vent over. Sorry it was so long.

peichef said:
Argh.

I have been duped. Several months ago, a lady who was invited to a PC fundraiser place her order online. She then contacted me to do a show and within a day was inquiring about becoming a consultant.
We did her first show as her grand opening. I did the show but counted it as her first show. She split it into 3 shows. Then did a catty show to qualify & gt her 300 PC$. (Back when the May bonus was on).

So skip to now. She hasn't done a show. Emails today to tell me she ordered stuff today using her PC$ but won't be selling PC after all.

I gave up over $600 in sales (her show) to count it as her first show(s). During SAT!!!! She didn't even earn those 300PC dollars. I did.

I am so frustrated. A week ago she indicated that she had a friend who was going to do a show for her this month, but she was nervous. I offered any help I could give.

She never came to a cluster meeting (had legitimate obstacles), never participated in a single weekly training call that our larger cluster offers to all new consultants.

I didn't want to believe it, but I think she was a kitnapper.

She owns her own business beside PC (personal trainer) so I would have thought that she'd understand what's involved in running a business & the sacrifice I made financially to get her off to a good start. Duh, me.

Vent over. Sorry it was so long.

Sounds to me like she has a PERFECT understanding of what's involved.....sorry you had to deal with this.

She did take advantage of you for sure. Being a business woman she knows that you have to follow through with contacts or your business will fall. She must not have wanted to even do this from the beginning.

Well, the upside is you got the 4,000 trip points b/c you got her qualified....right?

I had my very first recruit during the May promo and she ended up being a kitnapper too! I didn't get the double trip points and I feel so irritated that my very first recruit did that. I was soooo excited to recruit for the first time!

I would be ultra p'oed if I gave her $600 in sales! I am soooo sorry that there are ignorant people in this world who "steal" like this! We take so much time in trying to train and support them!

I actually took the Merrill's gift certificate instead of the double trip points, seeing as I didn't want to go to Aruba w/o DH & promised my DD that I wouldn't go on a big trip w/o her for a long time. (She was a little traumatized when DH & I went on a cruise for 13 days this past spring.)

I think this kind of thing is the reason the more recent incentives require $1000 in sales. At least you got the trip points and the recruiter part of the May incentive!

I had 2 May recruits. One went inactive before qualifying* and the second has only submitted 2 shows and will go inactive Oct. 1 I am quite sure. So I got nothing from it except the 3% commission on the sales they did do. I spent a lot of time with both of them encouraging, training, playing phone tag, etc. Then I had an August recruit (who by the way is under treatment for several serious medical conditions). She did 4 shows and submitted $1000 within 30 days so she could get her 50% rebate and has additional shows on the calendar.

You just never know. Don't let one or two bad apples ruin it for you. If you run an ethical business you will be rewarded in the long run.

*the consultant who went inactive before qualifying submitted show #4 just a few days into September after going inactive Sept. 1. I didn't think quick enough - he could have put in a waiver by the last day of August and he wouldn't have gone inactive. He was allowed to do a retroactive waiver for $25 (which I paid). That erased the inactive status and he kept his sales points so far and we both got our trip points (just 2000 each since it was after 30 days) and I got credit for the recruit in my lifetime recruit numbers and for the trip requirements (the reason I had him submit it and paid for it - it helped me way more than him). So in the end I did get full credit for him.

Sorry for your frustration Charity, but it does show that there is no way to know who the kitnappers will be and who will be a successful recruit for you! There truly is nothing you can do about it.

1. What is "Duped by a Kitnapper: My Tale of Frustration" about?

"Duped by a Kitnapper: My Tale of Frustration" is a personal narrative about a customer's experience with receiving a kitchen product that was not what they expected. It highlights the frustration and disappointment that can come from being misled by false advertising or deceptive marketing practices.

2. Is this book only for Pampered Chef customers?

No, this book can be enjoyed by anyone who has experienced a similar situation with any product or brand. The story is relatable and sheds light on the importance of transparency and honesty in consumer transactions.

3. How does this book relate to Pampered Chef as a company?

While the book is not specifically about Pampered Chef, it does mention the company and their products as part of the author's personal experience. However, the message of the book is not targeted towards the company itself, but rather towards the overall issue of deceptive marketing and its impact on consumers.

4. Is "Duped by a Kitnapper: My Tale of Frustration" a fiction or non-fiction book?

This book is a non-fiction, personal narrative. The events and experiences described in the book are based on the author's real-life encounter with a deceptive purchase.

5. Where can I purchase "Duped by a Kitnapper: My Tale of Frustration"?

The book can be purchased on the Pampered Chef website, as well as on popular online book retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble. It may also be available in select physical bookstores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBevShu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • kdangel518