• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting a Recruiter's Referral for a Director: What to Do?

If you don't have a QSB, then your recruiter will just click on the section on the online signup that she isn't getting one, and HO will ship her one.
melaniepc
how do you get one? my recruiter said she doesnt think our director has one. I got mine a few days after I signed up because she had some.. so what happens if they dont have any in stock?

If your director doesn't have a quick start box, then the recruit just clicks on the section on the online signup that she isn't getting one, and HO will ship her one. Quick start boxes are just for Directors to have on hand to give to people the day they sign, otherwise, new recruits get them when they get their kit.

I think Home Office will send it out once they received the signed agreement.

When I signed my recruit I talked to my director and she ordered one for her. (She had done the same for me)

When she signed (and when I signed) she had to indicate that she'd gotten the QSB and put my director's consultant number. The directors can order them, but if they don't get counted back by H.O. by the end of that season the directors get charged for them.

HTH. They are great for new recruits waiting to sign -- gives them lots to study on and prepare their first shows!

J.

Whether you even need a Quick Start Box is dependent on how long it takes shipments to get to you from HO. I'm 1-2 days once things ship, so the QSB isn't a real necessity since recruits get them from HO so fast.

Shipping of the kits is so quick now that it's not necessary (in my opinion) to have the quick start boxes. It is nice however to have all the paperwork before getting the products because then you might actually look over the information. It is very individual to the director and neither approach to this is wrong.

I have been stuck twice with extra boxes so I don't get them any more but I do have training while waiting for the box and assign the on-line classes to be done in those first days. Almost every consultant does take that training and then we discuss their questions. I also have them "play" around CC so they can know where to find things. That's plenty for most to do in that few days before their kit arrives.

Yeah, the QSB is more for people who aren't signing for a couple of weeks. For instance, my recruit didn't want to sign until this weekend, because she wanted her full 30 days to be on the new catalog, not to have to split it between 2, and she knew she wasn't going to be able to set up any shows over LD weekend.

So my director ordered her a QSB and had it for her at our cluster meeting last week.

If you've got someone signing on the dotted line, you probably wouldn't need a QSB. It's more of a "get you started" before you officially sign and get your CC access.

ok good. my recruiter gave one to me about three days after I signed so I wasnt sure. I just checked the box saying that she didnt have the quick start box so now hopefully she will get one . I figure I can give her anything she may need if she doesnt have it in time but I think she will have it soon. My kit came in a week.

IAmChefJ said:
Yeah, the QSB is more for people who aren't signing for a couple of weeks. For instance, my recruit didn't want to sign until this weekend, because she wanted her full 30 days to be on the new catalog, not to have to split it between 2, and she knew she wasn't going to be able to set up any shows over LD weekend.

So my director ordered her a QSB and had it for her at our cluster meeting last week.

If you've got someone signing on the dotted line, you probably wouldn't need a QSB. It's more of a "get you started" before you officially sign and get your CC access.

Actually you should not give anyone a QSB unless they have signed already because it is all the official paperwork.

I would never give a QSB until I had a signed agreement and credit card # or cheque.I always give QSBs even though it only takes 3 days to get the kit. I've found that my consultants who receive QSBs get off to a much better start than those that don't get them. I will always have them in my car, ready to go!It doesn't cost anything to get them, and I think it's nice to give the recruit something to walk away with while they're excited - even if they only have a day to review.

But if you don't use the QSB by a certain date.. the director is charged for it.

gingertannery said:
But if you don't use the QSB by a certain date.. the director is charged for it.

Right but that date isn't until the end of the season. It's up to the Director to manage how many she / he orders. If it's a month before the end of season, they shouldn't be ordering 5 QSBs, just enough to cover their own personal recruits, IMHO. My team has already used 3 Fall QSBs and I'm about to give away 2 more. If it were February right now, I'd probably only have 1 or 2 on hand.

I'd never give them to someone without a signed agreement and credit card or cheque because if you give it away and that person disappears, you have to pay for it anyway.

1. How do I get a recruiter's referral for a Director position?

In order to get a recruiter's referral for a Director position, you should first establish a relationship with the recruiter. This can be done by attending job fairs, networking events, or reaching out through professional platforms like LinkedIn. Once you have established a connection, you can express your interest in the Director position and ask if they would be willing to refer you.

2. What are the benefits of having a recruiter's referral for a Director position?

Having a recruiter's referral can greatly increase your chances of being considered for the Director position. It shows that someone in the industry has recognized your skills and potential, and can give you an advantage over other candidates. Additionally, a referral from a trusted recruiter can also help to build your credibility and reputation in the industry.

3. How should I prepare for my referral meeting with the recruiter?

Before your meeting with the recruiter, it is important to research the company and the Director position you are interested in. This will show the recruiter that you are genuinely interested in the role and have taken the time to understand the company's values and goals. It is also helpful to have a clear understanding of your own skills and qualifications that make you a strong candidate for the position.

4. What should I include in my referral request to the recruiter?

When requesting a referral from a recruiter, be sure to include your resume, a brief introduction about yourself and your career goals, and why you are interested in the Director position. You can also mention any relevant experience or skills that make you a strong fit for the role. It is important to be professional and concise in your request.

5. Is it appropriate to follow up with the recruiter after requesting a referral?

Yes, it is appropriate to follow up with the recruiter after requesting a referral. However, be mindful of their time and avoid being too pushy or persistent. If you do not hear back from the recruiter after a reasonable amount of time, it is okay to send a polite follow-up email to inquire about the status of your request. Remember to always remain professional and appreciative of their time and consideration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
katie0128
  • jessicafawn
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefann
  • almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies