• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok, I Know It's Too Soon to Get Excited, but . . .

In summary, the author canceled a contest because the FTC has recently banned offering prizes or gifts for forwarding e-mails.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
I had just sent out the following e-mail:

The August contest has ended, and the winners have been notified. I'd like to thank everyone who participated; your continued support in helping to grow my business is highly valued.

On to the next contest! You'll be receiving the September Newsletter, which features the beautiful new products for the Fall/Winter '08 season, in a separate e-mail. I need to increase my mailing list, so I'm offering you the chance to win one of the new products!!!

It's probably the easiest contest you'll ever enter, and NO PURCHASE NECESSARY (though, it would, of course, be greatly appreciated). All you have to do is forward this e-mail to anyone and everyone you think might be interested in hearing about The Pampered Chef (and, even to those you don't think will be interested, because you never know!). If they're not interested, they can always opt out. The contest is so easy, you don't even have to inform me that you forwarded the e-mail!

Here's how the point system will work:
Each e-mail forwarded = 1 point
Each forwarded e-mail which results in someone joining the mailing list = 2 points
Each e-mail which results in an order being placed = 10 points (whether it is your personal order, or from the forwarded e-mail)
Each e-mail resulting in a Show being booked (Cooking, Catalog, Fundraiser, or Bridal Shower) = 20 points, plus 20% off one item purchased during that show (outside order is acceptable).
Each e-mail resulting in a new recruit = 0 points, you just get a free gift!!!!
Forwarded e-mails which get forwarded again, result in the above point schedule for the secondary forwarder, and the same points are added to the total for the original forwarder!

Everyone reaching 100 points or more receives a free gift from the new product line.

Deadline = 5:00pm ET on Wednesday, 9/3/08. So hit that Forward button, and fill in that To: field NOW!

Fine Print: The value of the gifts will be at my discretion, and based on the total number of winning entrants. Though purchase is absolutely not necessary, any orders received will increase the availability of gifts selected.

When, almost immediately I received this response (which, by the way, is from someone to whom the above was forwarded!):

Hi Sarah!

I sold Pampered Chef about 3 years ago. I wanted to re up but my leader doesn't sell anymore.

Can you send me a catalog and if so, I'll re up under you.

xo

Now, I know not to get excited until it's a done deal, but I was yelling at God earlier for the horrible day I had (work related), and that I just don't know anymore if He wants me to be doing PC, after all, or what He has planned for me! Then He hits me with this! :angel:

And, yes, I did tell her if she signs up no later than 8/31, she's eligible for the 50% reimbursement!

Ok, now I have to forward the e-mail to my Director, and then it's nighty-night for me!! (Guess I'll be having sweet dreams tonight!!)

Awesome! COngrats! Keep us updated!
God bless,
Amanda

Congrats!!! That is fantastic! :)

Just curious....did you tell God you were sorry for yelling? lol!!!!!

How are you going to keep track of all those forwards?
I like the idea, but I am afraid to try something like this.

Hope the new recruit follows thru!! How cool for you!

Sounds like a GREAT idea!! And congrats on the new lead!! Hopefully she'll sign today!!

Ok, DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!!

I was just reading information on Constant Contact (Lauri, Constant Contact has a special 'Forward E-mail' link, which will then add the forward information to your report if clicked), where I found out this contest is completely ILLEGAL! The FTC recently banned offering prizes or gifts for forwarding e-mails as part of CAN-SPAM! I sent out an e-mail this morning telling people the contest was cancelled, and to please NOT forward the previous e-mail.

Now, I have to come up with a whole new contest which will keep people interested, and make them WANT to forward the e-mail (even if they arent' rewarded for doing so).

Sharain - Absolutely!! At first I told Him I forgive Him - but then realized I should be asking forgiveness. Ah well, at least He has a sense of humor!!

What are the benefits of using Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef products are designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable. They are made with high-quality materials and innovative designs to help save time and effort in the kitchen. Our products also come with a satisfaction guarantee, so you can try them risk-free.

What sets Pampered Chef apart from other cooking brands?

Pampered Chef is known for its commitment to providing high-quality, durable, and innovative products that are backed by a lifetime guarantee. We also offer personalized cooking experiences through our in-home cooking shows and virtual parties, where customers can learn new recipes and cooking techniques.

Can I purchase Pampered Chef products online?

Yes, Pampered Chef products can be purchased online through our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. Our website offers a wide selection of products, and our consultants can assist with personalized product recommendations and cooking tips.

Can I host a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, hosting a Pampered Chef party is a fun and easy way to earn free and discounted products. Our consultants can help you plan and host a virtual or in-person party where you and your guests can try out new recipes and learn about our products.

How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Becoming a Pampered Chef consultant is a great opportunity for those who are passionate about cooking and want to share their love for our products with others. You can sign up to become a consultant through our website or by contacting a current consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • jcsmilez