• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Somebody Who Is Poor

lol).I think she would be interested in PC, but I don't think she would invest in it. She might not have the money to make it back right away, but if she gets started and does well, she might be able to pay off her debt quickly.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I met a very nice man and his wife this week while the husband was fixing my computer. The wife has done a lot of direct sales in the past ... once sold Tupperware, is big into Partylite, likes PC and currently sells Avon.

Am I crazy for seeing this lady as a recruit lead? She knows the DS drill ... has a desire to make money and has small kids so she's hooked into the "Mommy market."

Only thing is ... I KNOW she'd balk at the kit cost, even with the rebate ... her DH recently got laid off and they are doing everything they can to make money just for gas ... Wouldn't have met them in the first place if they weren't selling stuff on Craig's List.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask if this is something she'd consider and tell her about the kit rebate? Or should I just take "baby steps" and invite her to my fall kickoff in September?

I'd hate to see her miss the boat on the free kit, however!

I'd maybe ask her how Avon does for her out of "curiousity". I know when I sold it, I made ZILCH doing it for 6 months! Way too much leg work involved and having to buy books every 2 weeks and samples etc! Then make that a segway into how great PC can be for extra income!??

Definitely share. Say to her what you said to us. "You already know about direct sales, and you like our products. This is the best deal TPC has ever offered."

Avon didn't work for me either! Maybe she just feels like she has to do something and she thinks that is the only something. I would offer it to her. See it as an oppertunity to help them make that gas money!

Just go for it...wouldn't you be kicking yourself if she WOULD have signed with the kit rebate and found about it later and didn't sign?

I also say "just ask", it should be her decision to say yes or no, not yours.

Geekgirl69 said:
I also say "just ask", it should be her decision to say yes or no, not yours.

DITTO!

It doesn't hurt you to ask her. You could save their lives!

I would also try to see why she's gone through so many DS companies.

I think her husband thought she sold some of the things and she didn't ... she is just a big fan of certain product lines. Only ones I know she sold were Tupperware (when he was in the military) and Avon, which she sold before, stopped and went back to.

I need to send her an invite to my fall kickoff and think I'll add a line asking if she's ever thought about the opportunity, that I think she'd be great at it, and that I didn't want her to be mad at me if she found out about the kit program later!

I just don't want her to think I'm "asking for money" but really ... if she comes to the kickoff and spends $50, she could have her own business for $27 more!

I agree about asking her. We are very tight, my husband is on disability and we have three small children. The big reason I even joined was for the income. I mean I loved the products already but I was looking for something to make money in addition to my part time job that I could work around my schedule. It might not be easy to come up with that upfront money but if she can she'll not regret it.
God bless,
Amanda

Could you suggest that she hold her own show and use part of her free products as a kit credit? Between that and the August rebate, she'd almost have the kit paid for. She could definitely make up the rest in one show.

I have a friend who has had a lot of medical expenses for her dog this month and is looking for a way to pay them down. She asked me about doing PC (I was already going to suggest it before she asked!) and I told her to come to my show this weekend and see what she thinks. If she's interested, this was the route I was going to suggest for her. She's already maxed out her cards taking her dog to the emergency room, so I doubt she'll want to make much of an up-front investment.

I started my business when my husband was laid off and we sure didn't have the money but I could see how I would make my investment back right away (talk about motivation - I could NOT afford to not get it back - oh, and I wanted product so I had to make my goals to get the free stuff in the Super Starter program, which was what they did then).

We may think we know what people's situation is but we don't really. I am glad my director didn't want or suggest doing a show for me to buy down the kit - I needed the income so DOING the show was the best for me - I got the host benefits AND the commission.

If she doesn't have the money up front is there someone that she could borrow it from? I know a consultant who didn't have enough money for groceries and gas so she ate at relatives homes for 2 years (they didn't know how dire her situation was). Then she went to a PC party to EAT and her friend suggested she do PC. She asked her brother for a loan to get the kit - he thought she'd be good at it so he loaned her the money. Her first commission check covered the loan and allowed her to go to the grocery store for the first time in 2 years. A year later her mom was at one of her shows and when she told her story mom was shocked. No one knew how bad it was. She is now a top director in my upline.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I met a very nice man and his wife this week while the husband was fixing my computer. The wife has done a lot of direct sales in the past ... once sold Tupperware, is big into Partylite, likes PC and currently sells Avon.

Am I crazy for seeing this lady as a recruit lead? She knows the DS drill ... has a desire to make money and has small kids so she's hooked into the "Mommy market."

Only thing is ... I KNOW she'd balk at the kit cost, even with the rebate ... her DH recently got laid off and they are doing everything they can to make money just for gas ... Wouldn't have met them in the first place if they weren't selling stuff on Craig's List.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask if this is something she'd consider and tell her about the kit rebate? Or should I just take "baby steps" and invite her to my fall kickoff in September?

I'd hate to see her miss the boat on the free kit, however!

By not asking, you are making the decision for her. That would be presumptuous, IMO. You are offering her a way to earn meaningful income at a time that her family needs.
The investment is minimal & we have a quick turn around time for that first paycheck. Faster than most "jobs". Plus, one typically spends $$ for new job - an interview outfit, child care, etc.
I think you are obliged to offer her the PC opportunity.

peichef said:
By not asking, you are making the decision for her. That would be presumptuous, IMO. You are offering her a way to earn meaningful income at a time that her family needs.
The investment is minimal & we have a quick turn around time for that first paycheck. Faster than most "jobs". Plus, one typically spends $$ for new job - an interview outfit, child care, etc.
I think you are obliged to offer her the PC opportunity.

Well said! I am really working to change my mindset that I may be "bugging" people by offering them the opportunity, and instead focus on the fact that I am offering them something that has had so many rewards for me! How can I NOT offer it to them?!

ChefBeckyD said:
Well said! I am really working to change my mindset that I may be "bugging" people by offering them the opportunity, and instead focus on the fact that I am offering them something that has had so many rewards for me! How can I NOT offer it to them?!

Ditto Becky! That's why I have asked 3 people this month (record for me) lol! Will see what they decide at the end of their show closing??

Go for it and Ask! Never prejudge, right? ;) You never know! Good luck!

I always tell my hosts when creating their guest list for their show that people are never offending by being invited to a party...but they could be offended if they aren't invited.....so invite everyone!

I'm working on that same mindset for offering the opportunity!

I shared the opportunity with someone earlier this week....her DH is laid off, and she just lost a daycare family....she didn't accept - but she did thank me for thinking of her and offering! She wasn't offended, and she wasn't incredulous that I would think to ask her. And she rebooked for Oct.

If they really want it, they will find a way to come up with the money.

An update ....

I did ask her. She thanked me, said she had thought about it years ago but a) couldn't afford the start-up costs and b) didn't have people in her life who would support the business. I told her I ALWAYS advise people going into direct sales to first find out if the people in their lives would support it ... a lesson I learned the hard way in my previous product line.

Proud of myself for asking just the same ...

Di_Can_Cook said:
Proud of myself for asking just the same ...
Also proud of you!

Last edited:
Well done!

One of my recruits is frequently out of touch w/ me because no minutes are left on her cell phone. She doesn't have a land line or PC, calls in her shows to me from a friend's phone. She's done very well this summer and earned the SAT bamboo bowl, which she really likes. We went in on sample pkg A together.
She is in a neighborhood where nobody had heard of PC and she has the market cornered, I tell ya.

Awesome. Good for you for asking.

1. How can I recruit someone who is poor without being offensive?

When reaching out to someone who is experiencing financial hardship, it is important to approach the conversation with empathy and understanding. Instead of focusing on their financial situation, highlight the benefits of joining Pampered Chef, such as the flexible schedule, potential for earning income, and the supportive community. Be genuine and listen to their concerns before presenting the opportunity.

2. What resources are available to help someone who is poor succeed in Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to support consultants, including training materials, mentorship programs, and online communities. Additionally, consultants can take advantage of discounts and promotions to help offset the costs of starting their business. We also have a charitable arm, the Pampered Chef Foundation, which offers grants and scholarships to consultants in need.

3. How can I help someone who is poor get started with Pampered Chef?

If you know someone who is interested in joining Pampered Chef but may not have the funds to get started, there are a few options available. You can offer to host a party for them, which will give them the opportunity to earn free products and potentially kickstart their business. You can also reach out to the Pampered Chef Foundation for assistance in covering the initial costs.

4. What is the earning potential for someone who is poor in Pampered Chef?

The earning potential for consultants in Pampered Chef varies based on individual effort and success. However, many consultants have found great success in the company, with some earning a full-time income. It is important to note that like any business, there is a level of investment and commitment required for success.

5. How can I support and empower someone who is poor in Pampered Chef?

One of the best ways to support and empower someone who is poor in Pampered Chef is to be a mentor and offer guidance and encouragement. Share your own experiences and tips for success, and be available to answer any questions they may have. Additionally, you can help promote their business by attending their parties and sharing their products with your network.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
emiscookin
Replies
Views
Cassie1037
  • dianevill
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies