• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Convince My Husband to Support My Direct Sales Business?

in summary, your husband may be threatened by your recruitment efforts if he feels like he is "bothering" your friends, but if he is more supportive and understands that you are only doing shows close to you for the first two months, he may be more receptive to your recruitment efforts.
PCJen
I have a recruit (going on 3 years) that I feel finally wants to give our apron a try. But her husband is holding her back. He thinks that they would be constantly bugging their friends to do shows. She has explained to him that this would not happen. She told him she may have a few friends help get her started and that the people they invite she will not know because they may be her friends friends, family, coworkers etc. that she doesn't know. Then those people book shows and it keeps going from there. What else can she tell him?

have you given her the "no-risk" flyer? It may get through to him via his wallet. You'll have to update the flyer to reflect the rebate, though. (which just makes it an even better deal.)

Yes, she has it and differently understands there is no risk. Now whether she explained this to him I don't know. Just looking for some more ideas before I call and talk with her again. Thanks.

Would he consider coming to a team meeting...or sitting in on a phone call with you or your director? I wouldn't word it as your director to him or the wife, though...ask about him talking to one of your "friends" who has been in the business longer than you. This way, he can ask you and others what they have dealt with when starting up their business.

I know my DH was VERY leary of me selling PC...especially to those he worked with. He didn't want others to feel pressured since they worked with him, didn't want to have others feel "oh no, here comes John's wife, selling again!" That just took time for him to see that I would NOT push those around him. (not that what we do is pusing, anyhow, but you KWIM)

hmm...I don't know. To a meeting I would say no. To do a call I'm not sure but something to think about. Thanks. I have told her, in the past, he is welcome to talk to my husband if he wanted to.

My DH was the one worried about bugging our friends so I told him I would only do our closest in the first two months. After that if I had noone left I would quit. Well after my first 4 shows I made back everything I put in.

I saw a chart that broke down you earning for your first 4 shows and pc $. I would find it and show him. Make it very easy to understand that even after 4 shows she has made money. Plus show him what a normal host gets and let him see she would be doing them a favor.

if he's concerned about "bothering" your friends over and over, perhaps your director-to-be or recruiter can make a "family tree" showing how shows lead to other shows with people not already in your network.

For example:
Show 1 in December: Mary Ellen = my health insurance agent. I had met her in person once and we clicked. When I called her a year later all excited about my new biz, she agreed to do one of my first shows.
Show 2 in February: Katina = Mary Ellen's sister in law
Show 3: Mary in March = Katina's former neighbor
Show 4: Melissa in June = Mary's neighbor
Show 5: Joanne in September/October = Melissa's friend

I recognized a few of the same people at Mary and Melissa's shows, but got new bookings from each one.

Hope that helps -

What is "Help With Recruits Husband..."?

"Help With Recruits Husband..." is a support program designed to provide assistance and resources to spouses of military recruits during their partner's basic training and beyond.

Who is eligible for "Help With Recruits Husband..."?

Any spouse of a military recruit who is currently in basic training or has recently graduated from basic training is eligible for "Help With Recruits Husband...".

What kind of support does "Help With Recruits Husband..." offer?

"Help With Recruits Husband..." offers a wide range of support, including emotional support, information and resources about the military lifestyle, and connections to other spouses going through similar experiences.

How can I access "Help With Recruits Husband..."?

You can access "Help With Recruits Husband..." by visiting their website, joining their online community, or reaching out to a local chapter in your area.

Is there a cost to join "Help With Recruits Husband..."?

No, there is no cost to join "Help With Recruits Husband...". The program is completely free for military spouses to access and utilize.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
teresah551393
  • gilchrist_pchef