• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Success in Direct Sales in Michigan: Insights and Experiences from Consultants

So, in summary, a group of consultants from Michigan discuss the potential success of a sister-in-law who is considering becoming a consultant. They share their own experiences and offer advice on how to be successful in the current economy. They also mention upcoming meetings and offer support for the sister-in-law's potential business venture.
erin.tpc
Hello all! My sister in law is seriously considering becoming a consultant. I'm out of Dallas, TX & she's in Sterling Heights, MI. She is SO close to signing! Her biggest concern is that she doesn't know how her sales will be (says it's worse economy in MI than in TX). I am trying to validate her concern, while at the same time encourage her that being successful in DS is possible in our economy. So, my question is to anyone in Michigan (or close up north, for that matter), how do you feel your business is functioning in today's economy?

I have 1 recruit, so she would be my second...promoting me to Future Director & earning me $300 during this incredible promotion. BUT I truly want to put my own excitement & motives & feelings aside to make sure she can be successful (she is my sister after all). :rolleyes:

The other side of the coin will be making sure she feels supported way up there. My director won the Hospitality Award this year, so my expectations may be a little high :p, but I know she will need a good team around her regardless. I feel that has been a huge part of my own success. Any thoughts are welcome! TIA!

erin.tpc said:
Hello all! My sister in law is seriously considering becoming a consultant. I'm out of Dallas, TX & she's in Sterling Heights, MI. She is SO close to signing! Her biggest concern is that she doesn't know how her sales will be (says it's worse economy in MI than in TX). I am trying to validate her concern, while at the same time encourage her that being successful in DS is possible in our economy. So, my question is to anyone in Michigan (or close up north, for that matter), how do you feel your business is functioning in today's economy?

I have 1 recruit, so she would be my second...promoting me to Future Director & earning me $300 during this incredible promotion. BUT I truly want to put my own excitement & motives & feelings aside to make sure she can be successful (she is my sister after all). :rolleyes:

The other side of the coin will be making sure she feels supported way up there. My director won the Hospitality Award this year, so my expectations may be a little high :p, but I know she will need a good team around her regardless. I feel that has been a huge part of my own success. Any thoughts are welcome! TIA!

Several consultants from that side of the state here on CS - ChefAnn for one!

I'm from the other side of the state, but I can say that the economy hasn't hurt my business at all! I'm doing better than I was when the economy was good.....gheesh, that was a long time ago!:rolleyes:

I'm here!!Her success will really depend on how she looks at it. If she expects things to be bad because of the economy, they will be. But if she plays up the $2 per serving meals and that shows are a fun, inexpensive way to get together (and the tools will actually save money vs. going out to eat), then she'll do well. Marna Ross, who is a MI upper-level director, earned TPC in 5 categories. She's not in the Detroit area, but it shows that it is possible to have a very successful business here in the mitten. I'm about 20-30 miles from Sterling Heights, depending on which part she's in. My first and second line Directors are currently reevaluating their businesses, so our meetings are a little sporadic, and vary in where they're held. But we're having one on Aug. 12 (a Tuesday), at 7 pm in Pontiac, if she'd like to attend. A cluster-mate and I have been toying with the idea of holding our own meetings, even though we aren't Directors yet. If and when that happens, she's more than welcome to join us.

chefann said:
I'm here!!

Her success will really depend on how she looks at it. If she expects things to be bad because of the economy, they will be. But if she plays up the $2 per serving meals and that shows are a fun, inexpensive way to get together (and the tools will actually save money vs. going out to eat), then she'll do well.

Marna Ross, who is a MI upper-level director, earned TPC in 5 categories. She's not in the Detroit area, but it shows that it is possible to have a very successful business here in the mitten.

I'm about 20-30 miles from Sterling Heights, depending on which part she's in. My first and second line Directors are currently reevaluating their businesses, so our meetings are a little sporadic, and vary in where they're held. But we're having one on Aug. 12 (a Tuesday), at 7 pm in Pontiac, if she'd like to attend. A cluster-mate and I have been toying with the idea of holding our own meetings, even though we aren't Directors yet. If and when that happens, she's more than welcome to join us.

Go for it! When my director moved to GA I started doing meetings and I was a FD at the time. Some of my director's team also attended my meetings. Doing that made me even more determined to promote - if I was doing it anyway I should be paid for it I thought!

I am in NW Indiana and I have been doing fine. In fact, my sales are up $10,000 from the same time last year.

I think it's a great time to be doing this biz!!! Everyone is eating at home, need entertainment (that's our part) and everyone needs fun! Come on, it's not brain surgery, just TRY it!

I am in Ypsilanti, MI (next to Ann Arbor, just outside of Detroit) and am doing better than last year. Don't have the percentage thing right off the top of my head, but my sales are up.

I think it depends on the consultant and her motivation. People can always whine about the economy and how bad things are up here, but basically it all boils down to hard you want to work.

My Director earned TPC in 4 categories this past year ( would have been 5 had I promoted... oh the guilt!!!) She is awesome, very motivating, kind and just a good all around woman. Love her. She is in South Lyon, which isn't that close to Sterling Htgs, but she would be happy to welcome your SIL. Our meetings are the 3rd Sat and the last Monday of each month, except this month, when we are have our PC family picnic on the Saturday day.

jwpamp said:
I am in NW Indiana and I have been doing fine. In fact, my sales are up $10,000 from the same time last year.

I think it's a great time to be doing this biz!!! Everyone is eating at home, need entertainment (that's our part) and everyone needs fun! Come on, it's not brain surgery, just TRY it!

Janice, you make me laugh. :D

chefann said:
I'm here!!

Her success will really depend on how she looks at it. If she expects things to be bad because of the economy, they will be. But if she plays up the $2 per serving meals and that shows are a fun, inexpensive way to get together (and the tools will actually save money vs. going out to eat), then she'll do well.

Marna Ross, who is a MI upper-level director, earned TPC in 5 categories. She's not in the Detroit area, but it shows that it is possible to have a very successful business here in the mitten.

I'm about 20-30 miles from Sterling Heights, depending on which part she's in. My first and second line Directors are currently reevaluating their businesses, so our meetings are a little sporadic, and vary in where they're held. But we're having one on Aug. 12 (a Tuesday), at 7 pm in Pontiac, if she'd like to attend. A cluster-mate and I have been toying with the idea of holding our own meetings, even though we aren't Directors yet. If and when that happens, she's more than welcome to join us.

Thank you Ann! I knew there would be someone close by. She has actually been in Texas visiting for a few weeks & is just now heading back home to Michigan tomorrow...and is still undecided. She's got a couple of life decisions to make for her family. PC is one to consider, but she's not ready to commit yet. Thank you for your generosity & hope that she will join us soon!

PS - I love that you called Michigan "the mitten!" :)

jwpamp said:

PamperChefCarol said:
I am in Ypsilanti, MI (next to Ann Arbor, just outside of Detroit) and am doing better than last year. Don't have the percentage thing right off the top of my head, but my sales are up.

I think it depends on the consultant and her motivation. People can always whine about the economy and how bad things are up here, but basically it all boils down to hard you want to work.

My Director earned TPC in 4 categories this past year ( would have been 5 had I promoted... oh the guilt!!!) She is awesome, very motivating, kind and just a good all around woman. Love her. She is in South Lyon, which isn't that close to Sterling Htgs, but she would be happy to welcome your SIL. Our meetings are the 3rd Sat and the last Monday of each month, except this month, when we are have our PC family picnic on the Saturday day.

Thank you ladies for your input! I love how PC Consultants are so willing to help others! :D I absolutely agree that it is all in your attitude. I know alot of us are dealing with the economy and still making it! She is still on the fence, as she's got some family issues arising...but I know this information has been beneficial to her. Thanks again!

Hello,
My name is Becky! I am looking for a meeting in the Detroit area! I am still in my first 30 days and seeking desperately! My recruiter is in Texas and is very helpful but I'm looking for closer support! I am living in Madison Heights right now. Please let me know if there are any meetings comming up that I might attend!

Thanks

Hey, Becky! I'm in Southfield. My group has monthly meetings, although we don't have a local Director at the moment. Our next meeting will be Sept. 10 - location to be determined (probably Clinton Twp.). I'm carpooling with someone from Hazel Park, so it wouldn't be a big deal to pick you up, too.

1. What is Pampered Chef's presence like in Michigan?

Pampered Chef has a strong presence in Michigan, with many independent consultants hosting parties and events throughout the state. We also have a few retail locations in major cities like Detroit and Grand Rapids.

2. Are there any exclusive products or deals for Michigan residents?

While we do not have any products or deals exclusive to Michigan residents, we do offer special promotions and discounts that are available to all customers, regardless of location.

3. Can I become a Pampered Chef consultant in Michigan?

Yes, absolutely! We welcome new consultants from all over Michigan to join our team and start their own successful Pampered Chef business. You can sign up online or reach out to a local consultant for more information.

4. Do you offer any local cooking classes or demonstrations in Michigan?

Yes, we do! Our consultants often host cooking classes and demonstrations in various locations throughout Michigan. You can check our website or contact a local consultant to see if there are any events happening near you.

5. How can I find a Pampered Chef consultant in my area of Michigan?

You can easily find a consultant in your area by using our "Find a Consultant" tool on our website. Simply enter your zip code or city and state, and you'll be able to connect with a consultant near you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • sassypip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • kdangel518