• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready to Become a Pampered Chef Consultant? Need Advice on Training Options?

In summary, Robert Crowe found Chef Success and is ready to start his career as a professional chef. He has two parties scheduled and is looking for a local consultant to get personalized training. He is excited to get started and has many questions.
rcrowe1966
Hello everyone. My name is Robert Crowe and I have been cooking with PC for many year. My ex-wife had to buy all the PC items but most of them sat idle in a box until the divorce then she wanted them. I ended up getting a few and now I am hooked. I just had a house built with an awesome kitchen and now I love to cook.

I found Chef Success by accident by looking for a local consultant. I haven't found anyone local who is doing anything impressive and I live just north of Denver. I am ready to go. I have two parties planned and I just want to get going.

Two questions...1. Is it better to wait to find a local consultant so I can get the personalized training?...or

2. Should I find a consultant anywhere who can do training over the phone, internet, etc.

I don't know how all this works but I really am ready to go NOW!

Thanks everyone

Robert

rcrowe1966 said:
Hello everyone. My name is Robert Crowe and I have been cooking with PC for many year. My ex-wife had to buy all the PC items but most of them sat idle in a box until the divorce then she wanted them. I ended up getting a few and now I am hooked. I just had a house built with an awesome kitchen and now I love to cook.

I found Chef Success by accident by looking for a local consultant. I haven't found anyone local who is doing anything impressive and I live just north of Denver. I am ready to go. I have two parties planned and I just want to get going.

Two questions...1. Is it better to wait to find a local consultant so I can get the personalized training?...or

2. Should I find a consultant anywhere who can do training over the phone, internet, etc.

I don't know how all this works but I really am ready to go NOW!

Thanks everyone

Robert

I think either way it just depends on how you want to do it if you need the one on one then find find a local consultant to walk you through (they do have hospitalty not sure on spelling directors so you can sign with anyone and then get the training from someone else) but if you can learn over the phone/internet then you can come on here and find a lot of useful information from other consultants

Hi Robert,

Congratulations on your decision! You will love being a consultant. In regards to your questions - you can do either in regards to signing up to be a consultant. You don't necessarily need a local consultant to get good training - it is definitely possible to do over the phone or emails - and there is this thing called a hospitality director. This is basically a person in your area who would be willing to let you come to local "cluster" meetings where you can get some training in person and have a place to bounce ideas off of others.

There is also a lot of good training online though the PC main web site. Since you seem motivated and excited - that goes a long way in having success in this business! Please feel free to PM if you have any additional questions - good luck!:)

Robert,

You can contact Pampered Chef directly at pamperedchef.com and they will connect you with a local director. ...or you can choose someone yourself. Some people have read posts here and chosen someone they whose posts they feel they can work with. You can check if someone is local to you but that isn't necessary with email/phone training and hospitality.

Ask away! We are here to help!

I'd love to recruit you, Robert. You sound like you'd be a great addition to my team. However, to be fair, I know I would want my recruiter nearby so I could benefit from their experience. I'm sure you'll have a chance to connect with a few of the CS-connected consultants in your area. Choose someone with whom you click.(BTW, if you decide that, no, you really want ME to be your go-to person, PM me. I'd be proud to add you to my team.)

Congrats Robert for making your decision I sent you a pm.

how many requests do you think he has in in PM box already?!?!?!?

How exciting!!! You're looking into a great company!! I love your enthuasiasm. YOu're welcome to PM anyone to ask questions or just post them here. You'll find so many helpful people here!!!!

Congrats on being ready to get going! You will love it!!!

probably lots amy

amy07 said:
how many requests do you think he has in in PM box already?!?!?!?

I just checked & his mail is on FULL!!! ;):cool:;)

Ginger428 said:
I just checked & his mail is on FULL!!! ;):cool:;)

You crack me up Ginger!! :D

He probably has no idea what kind of flood he is about to get................

and in full disclosure: I have NOT sent him a PM

christinaspc said:
Congrats Robert for making your decision I sent you a pm.

we posted at the EXACT same time!! Please don't think I was responding to you in a negative way!

WOW...7 pm so far. I should start taking bids to see who wants/needs me to qualify:blushing:

I just want my recruiter to be active and doing in the business. I will qualify for sure and then go from there. I am just doing this as a fun hobby. My fiance loves for me to cooks so she is 100% supportive.

Thanks

Robert

rcrowe1966 said:
WOW...7 pm so far. I should start taking bids to see who wants/needs me to qualify:blushing:

I just want my recruiter to be active and doing in the business. I will qualify for sure and then go from there. I am just doing this as a fun hobby. My fiance loves for me to cooks so she is 100% supportive.

Thanks

Robert

Yeah, you had to know you'd open yourself up to that! :D Many, many people eager to help! LOL!:chef: Where is Erie in relation to Ft. Collins? I went to CSU for undergrad and I miss it so much! My only four years outside of Illinois!

Welcome Robert, I'm sure you will have an array of people to choose from! LOL! Especially now that I read your box is full!
Oh man! I signed off just when it got good around here! LOL!:D

Robert - if you've been on Chef Success, you might read through some posts, and get a feel for who you think you would work well with. That would at least be a starting place for you. You sound like a self-starter, and I'm sure you will do very well no matter what!

Congratulations on looking to join!

I would rather have someone local...that is just how I am. I am definitely a meeting person. I like seeing cluster mates and my director in person. Sometimes I get really good ideas just from casual conversations. I know we can always find hospitality, but I think I would much rather be helped by someone who has a vested interest in me.

Also, since my director is local, I can get included in booths and fairs when she books for a weekend and we can all split the time.

I can say I live far from my cluster and it is hard. I do not go to meeting and I wished I could. I have never seen anyone in my cluster other than my recuiter and now she does not email me back. I could go to a closer cluster meeting but I feel like a third wheel plus I would get rewards for going to my own.

ChefBeckyD said:
Robert - if you've been on Chef Success, you might read through some posts, and get a feel for who you think you would work well with. That would at least be a starting place for you. You sound like a self-starter, and I'm sure you will do very well no matter what!

This is exactly What I was going to say!

I would definetly shop arround!

I have been lurking for about a week and doing my homework about this, that and the other. You guy's are great and I look forward to messaging with you all.

BTW: Erie is near Longmont, about 30 miles south of Ft. Collins.

Robert

I agree with Becky too - just saw this and KNOW you got bombarded.There are many here, self-included that would love to have you on our team.Shop around and ask away!

As far as being far away from your cluster is concerned I absolutely LOVE my Hospitality Director! I have made wonderful friends and connections there. We are a family even though we are not in direct line with each other. I never feel like a 3rd wheel.

Oklabell said:
I can say I live far from my cluster and it is hard. I do not go to meeting and I wished I could. I have never seen anyone in my cluster other than my recuiter and now she does not email me back. I could go to a closer cluster meeting but I feel like a third wheel plus I would get rewards for going to my own.

I am sorry that you have this situation. Please contact your director and ask for a new hospitality meeting. My long distance consultants are with an awesome director who treats them as her own and many/most do that. There is a meeting out there for you!

I include my long distance people the same as my local ones too, in fact because they have 2 directors to pull ideas from they are my top performers and one is getting ready to promote soon. My director moved away when I was a FD and it spurred me on to promote within months. Sometimes it's the best thing but honestly, it's all about what YOUR comfort level is.

Remember that even if your director is local some day either she or you may move away and you'd be in the situation I was - make it work for YOU!

Robert,

Congrats on wanting to join - it's a great company to work for! And double congrats on finding this site - it's a great resource for all things PC! :D

I agree with many other cheffers on finding what works best for you, either local or hospitality. I am in a hospitality group and there are both pros and cons. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Again, welcome to our crazy world!

Robert, You have a lot of reading to do and pm's to answer, etc. But do consider making your decision before the end of August. We currently have the best promotion going for new consultants! You can get a 50% rebate on the kit cost!

PM or email one (or more) of those you are considering to sign with for the details - or just read on. The info is here!:cool:

Congrats Robert! You'll love being a part of the PC & Chef Success families :) Best of luck in finding your new director. I got to hospitality cluster & I LOVE it. You can be successful in this business with or without a strong director. All the training & resources you need are online & even more info is available here.

Robert, it is exciting to see how excited you are! You sound very much like a self starter, so I don't think it matters where your recruiter lives! Mine only lives about 30 miles away and we do most of our "talking" via email and phone cenversations!
PC has great on-line resources such as a training center and teleclasses designed for new consultants. Congratulations on your decision to join this fab company, and like Rae said, your are welcome to join my team!!

Robert,

Congrats and taking an awsome step! I would offer to help you since I was from the area but I have now lived in KS for a while ::) I know there used to be a consultant in Platteville but she moved to Loveland. My mom (lives in Firestone) went to something in Brighton and saw a consultant (no clue who and she wouldn't know either). I know there are team members around! I have a friend in Longmont who hasn't heard anything about PC except from me so Longmont isn't getting covered like it could ;) The best part of PC is we can take our business anywhere! I would definately think about Pampering Businesses in Dacono (there is a thread here on Pampering Businesses). Know that we are all here to help and if you don't find anyone LMK, I get back a few times a year (dad in Platteville, mom in Firestone, sister in Lochbuie and other around the Front Range).

Darlene

Robert, way to be proactive! I live in Colorado, on the western slope but I have a cousin that lives in Longmont so I am on your side of the mountain a lot! Let me know if I can help in anyway, not just recruiting you.;)

I was a Home Office lead. I didn't know my director before my kick off show. I was blessed to get a good one.

I'm 10 minutes from my upline.....and it feels like the other side of the earth! i get my support from CS and other sources, and tend to be self motivated.

My biggest advice to you as you start your business is this....you get out of it what you put into it.......opportunities do not come knocking on your door and the phone doesn't ring on its own! CONSISTENCY, CONSISTENCY, CONSISTENCY is key. I have a lot of self-designated ups and downs in my business because I work it very part time around sports schedules, coaching responsibilities, DH's 3 jobs and a challenging health issue with my daughter. When I'm on a downslide....I have to work twice as hard to get back to where I want my monthly numbers to be. But for now, it's what I'll do.

Have fun with it, let your enthusiasm and passion shine through, and good luck to you! I'm in PA.....you've had many people jump at the chance to have you join their team.....I'm not going to join the frenzy - but am happy to help you through CS, or private messages just like so many other consultants have helped me over the years.
Melinda

What a great response...so far, I have had two offers to by my kit, one set of cookware and five grapefruit knives.

Just kidding;)

I appreciate and value each opinion that has been posted here and on the PM. I have chosen to go with an active CS'er and, in fact, I have my application completed.

I look forward to sharing my ups with the group...

Robert

I'll see your cookware set, and raise it a Trifle Bowl.:DYou obviously fit in around our little nut house. Welcome, whatever you decide to do!

rcrowe1966 said:
What a great response...so far, I have had two offers to by my kit, one set of cookware and five grapefruit knives.

Just kidding;)

I appreciate and value each opinion that has been posted here and on the PM. I have chosen to go with an active CS'er and, in fact, I have my application completed.

I look forward to sharing my ups with the group...

Robert

...and your recruiter... :rolleyes:

Best wishes for a successful business!

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
Okay, so who got him? :D

I'm guessing Beth, she's usually pretty quick... :p

Yeah! I want to know who got him too! LOL!:p:D

you guys are cracking me up!

chefmeg said:
you guys are cracking me up!
Hey we've got to know who won...me especially because other than KG and Ann, I probably post the most! :eek:

don't get me wrong, I wanna know too!

Best of luck to you in finding a "good match" for a recruiter! You will absolutely love being a part of this company, and this web community as well! I won't PM you, as I'm sure you have enough of those already.
Yes, I'm sure your fiance does love having you cook....I would faint if my husband cooked!:)

this thread cracked me up.

just the morning pick-me-up i needed :)

Poor Robert is going to end up feeling like a piece of meat.

Ok, it's Beth or Becky and I'm still betting on Beth right now... Fess up guys!

chefann said:
Poor Robert is going to end up feeling like a piece of meat.

End up? I'm sure he's already there from the moment he posted!

why do you think Beth or Becky???

chefmeg said:
why do you think Beth or Becky???

Because they answered fast, they are already "friends" with him on his profile...and I just know them. ;)

Let's just say it's a gut instinct mainly combined with some of those clues.

No not me. :cry: ...at least I haven't heard anything!

Best of luck to you Robert! We are your virtual cluster and are here to help!

Aw shucks...I'm wrong...that's rare... :blushing:

Way to keep me humble. ;)

Well, see you guys, I have some real work to do and will have to check later...

You guys are killing me.

The "winning" consultant is **************

Due to privacy issues, I guess it doesn't allow the consultant name to be shown:)

Thanks

BTW: he/she won me with a kit, cookware and a pocket thermometer:rolleyes:

Robert:balloon:

Geez, I would have resorted to bribery if I had thought that would send you to me!!!!! ;) kidding!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Tenille V.
  • Melissa Burkett
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Heather Collins