• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finally! Is This The Moment for My Dream Teammate to Join?

In summary, Cindy is coming back to work and wants to start her own business. She has been working with Becky for the past four years and has always said that now is not the time. Cindy emails Becky to say this and asks for advice. Becky is happy for her and congratulates her.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I am actually in tears over an email I just received. This is coming from a potential recruit who I have been working with for the last 4 years!!! She told me 4 years ago that she would love to do what I do - she has held several successful shows, and from her shows I have had MANY other successful shows. She has a ton of friends who have said they will do shows for her, and we have met and gone through the recruiting interview...and always she has said "now is not the time", and "My husband wants me to wait".....and this morning - I got this email!

Hi Becky!

Guess what, Bob finally caved. I was waiting until we got back from vacation to talk to you (Disney in July! Hot - Hot - Hot). I'm still not back working, and I'd like to see what I can do to keep it that way. :)

This special is perfect timing for me, and I want to take advantage of it.

Boy, now that I've made the decision and Bob is backing me, I'm nervous, but I know I'll love it! I'm pretty sure I can round up enough people new & old to at least get the commitment satisfied and see how I do with it.

Would you like to meet time time next week and go over the formalities? I think I'd still like to come to the August 14th meeting as well to see some of the new products.

I'm not on e-mail as much as I should be, so if you want to give me a call when it's convenient, you can reach me on my cell at 460-XXXX or at home 892-XXXX.

Hope to talk to you soon!

Cindy
Doing the Happy Dance here!

That's SO cool!! Congrats!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Congratulations!

Like Jean Jonas says, "That's a big Wahoo!"

That's awesome, Becky!

That's awesome!!!!! So happy for you, Becky! :)

http://www.wintersown.org/wseo1/Dual_Purposes/IMAG000.JPG

That is awesome, congrats!!!

Way To Go Becky!!

That is totally cool!!!! Plus it gives me hope for those who have been hanging with me for the past 2 1/2 years. Thank you for that incentive to keep plugging away.

Thanks everyone! I knew you would know how exciting this is....and I really want it to be an encouragement to everyone who keeps getting the "Not Now" answer.

In a portion of the class "Gratitude Recruiting" - she talked about people being "full" vs. "hungry". If they are full (life is busy, too many committments, etc...), then biting into the opportunity doesn't sound good - but there will come a time when they are hungry (changes in their life) and we just need to keep the opportunity in front of them, so it's there when they are hungry!

ChefBeckyD said:
In a portion of the class "Gratitude Recruiting" - she talked about people being "full" vs. "hungry". If they are full (life is busy, too many committments, etc...), then biting into the opportunity doesn't sound good - but there will come a time when they are hungry (changes in their life) and we just need to keep the opportunity in front of them, so it's there when they are hungry!
I LOVED that story! A lot of people have complained that the Gratitude Recruiting workshop wasn't to their liking (different styles), but that story was my a-ha moment in that workshop.

chefann said:
I LOVED that story! A lot of people have complained that the Gratitude Recruiting workshop wasn't to their liking (different styles), but that story was my a-ha moment in that workshop.

I agree - I enjoyed the class, but that story has really stuck with me.Combine that with Robin House saying that it's not her job to look for interested people, it's her job to create interest, and those 2 parts of workshops have changed how I look at people and recruiting.

That is awesome Becky!

Thanks for reminding us to hang in there - some day I hope to get a message like that too...

You are right about the "full" vs. "hungry". We just have to remember to keep putting the opportunity out there and eventually we'll find some "hungry" people!

Congrats Becky! I loved the Gratitude for Recruiting class.

That is wonderful Becky!

Great news, Becky!

WAHOO Becky! Sign her and share the story!I know she's coming to the 14th, but maybe you can get her kit coming, let's say on the 13th. ;)...and she will PROBABLY get 50% back if she can get that calendar full right away!Good luck! I TOLD you its your year!

janetupnorth said:
WAHOO Becky!

Sign her and share the story!

I know she's coming to the 14th, but maybe you can get her kit coming, let's say on the 13th. ;)

...and she will PROBABLY get 50% back if she can get that calendar full right away!

Good luck! I TOLD you its your year!

I'm going to have her sign immediately! I'm not letting her back out this time!!!

I KNOW she can get her calendar booked right away - her sister, her mom, and her 3 best friends have all done more than one show for me - and all have said that if she signs, they will definitely do shows for her!

In fact, I was just going to call her sister today to book a September Show - to add to her cookware collection. :D Now - I'll let Cindy do it!

YES!!!!!!!I am soooo happy for you! I bet this is just the beginning for your recruiting streak!!!!:D:D

Go Becky! That's great!

That is awesome Becky!

Congratulations! It's true, especially if someone seems interested, you can't give up on them. It took 3 or so years for my consultant to recruit me. It took a big change for me to truly consider it...having a baby and being a SAHM. She mentioned it again when I was hugely pregnant and I told her when to call (several months later after I figured I'd be settled and able to leave my baby at home without me). So she did and now I've been doing this steadily for over 4 years!

amy07 said:
YES!!!!!!!I am soooo happy for you! I bet this is just the beginning for your recruiting streak!!!!:D:D

Thanks for all of your help Amy! This was a response to the email I sent about my Opportunity Night!

janetupnorth said:
Go Becky! That's great!

And my first Dream Team call with Yvonne is this Wednesday!:D:thumbup:

That's SO great Becky! Congrats!!

ChefBeckyD said:
And my first Dream Team call with Yvonne is this Wednesday!:D:thumbup:

Awesome - go celebrate with a new recruit! :D

WooHoo!! Great news (and you'll get the bonus)!!!

Way to go that is fantastic and gives me hope!

Congratulations!!:balloon:

Congratulations, this gives me a lot of encouragement to keep doing what I am doing and eventually when it is right for them they will sign. THANKS!

It's great affirmation to know that for MANY people, they will take the plunge when it's the right time for THEM. As much as we want to grow our teams and share this awesome job with others, it needs to happen when it feels right.

Becky........She's like a little pierogi/perogi....I got that analogy from a director friend of mine who I do meetings with. She has a consultant now who took YEARS to sign. She calls her "my little pierogi" because she needed to wait to pop up to the top of the pot when the time was right! I just love that. I use that analogy sometimes.:):)

Congrats again!

Congrats Becky !!!!! Keep up the good work.

pamperedbecky said:
It's great affirmation to know that for MANY people, they will take the plunge when it's the right time for THEM. As much as we want to grow our teams and share this awesome job with others, it needs to happen when it feels right.

Becky........She's like a little pierogi/perogi....I got that analogy from a director friend of mine who I do meetings with. She has a consultant now who took YEARS to sign. She calls her "my little pierogi" because she needed to wait to pop up to the top of the pot when the time was right! I just love that. I use that analogy sometimes.:):)

Congrats again!

I LOVE that! I have a whole pot full of them!

Another past host (2 yrs ago) who I thought for sure was going to sign said "Now isn't the time". I recently had a phone conversation with her (but before conference!) and she thanked me for keeping her up to date and aware of promotions, but not "hounding" her. She still says she wants to do this when the time is right...so I guess she's not ready to pop to the top just yet!:D

Becky,

That is just awesome! Congratulations! You rock!

ChefBeckyD said:
I LOVE that! I have a whole pot full of them!

Another past host (2 yrs ago) who I thought for sure was going to sign said "Now isn't the time". I recently had a phone conversation with her (but before conference!) and she thanked me for keeping her up to date and aware of promotions, but not "hounding" her. She still says she wants to do this when the time is right...so I guess she's not ready to pop to the top just yet!:D

Yeah seriously!! Lots of us probably do have a full pot. We'd have QUITE a meal if they all popped up at the same time! LOL.:D I do like keeping those luke warm potential consultants up to date and do it in a manner that's not "stalker-like." It is nice to hear when they appreciate being updated. Maybe we need to start a mini-newsletter for those people to keep them updated every few months and call it "The Pierogi Post" or something like that. Ha, ha!

sweet Becky!!!!!!!!!!!

pamperedbecky said:
Yeah seriously!! Lots of us probably do have a full pot. We'd have QUITE a meal if they all popped up at the same time! LOL.:D I do like keeping those luke warm potential consultants up to date and do it in a manner that's not "stalker-like." It is nice to hear when they appreciate being updated. Maybe we need to start a mini-newsletter for those people to keep them updated every few months and call it "The Pierogi Post" or something like that. Ha, ha!

That made me laugh out loud!http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc78/karencabc/laughingsmiley.gif

I think I already have one of those going...but now I have a name for it!:thumbup:

An Update:

Just spoke with her (I'd called and left a message on her cell - she is at the zoo and didn't hear her phone!) and gave her options for signing. She decided she would like for me to do a show for her in the next 2 weeks (has to go home and check her calendar) and then use the Kit Credit, and have some FPV to use too, and then she could observe me during that show and use it as training. She is going to work on her bookings right now, and have bookings lined up BEFORE we do her show, so we can close it immediately and get her kit for her.

Now - my director is on vacation, but I want to get a Paperwork Kit for her.....maybe I'll try call my AD!

If you can't find one, Becky, you can always lend her a pack of catalogs (if you can spare them) so she can hand out host packs, and she can repay you when her kit arrives. And you can print the policies and that other stuff for her to read (the policies aren't even in the kit anyway).

That is awesome Becky! Congratulations!

FANTASTIC BECKY!!!!

Yeah!!! I wouldn't wait "for the ink to dry" either - get her on board.

CONGRATS!!

That is such an exciting story!!! YAY!!! Way to keep the water lighting rolling for her!

Congratulations Becky!

Yay, Becky! That's great news! You're little pierogi is getting ready to pop up!:D

Becky I don't know how I missed this thread before! Congratulations! That is really encouraging to me as well. I have had a "maybe" lead for 2 years now.

Christ Follower said:
Becky I don't know how I missed this thread before! Congratulations! That is really encouraging to me as well. I have had a "maybe" lead for 2 years now.
I thought I posted it in the 3-2-1 thread...but maybe not!

But thanks Ellen! Her show is next week - and she's signing at the show!

I have been rehearsing how to encourage everyone at the show to either book a show to help her get started, or sign with her, and get their kit for an amazing price too!

Becky- I'm soooo super, dooper, happy for you! WHAOOOOO!!!

DessertDivaFL said:
Like Jean Jonas says, "That's a big Wahoo!"

Ditto!!

That is great to hear! I am excited for her AND for you!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
annew
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • cincychef