• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Tips for Recruiting Teachers to a Party with 27 Guests?

In summary, the author offers advice on how to offer the opportunity to teachers, men, or anyone else who is interested in joining the Pampered Chef business. The author recommends presenting the opportunity the same way as anyone else, with flexible hours, fun, and a chance to make more money than the initial investment. The author also recommends talking about the wonderful incentive PC is offering now, how much they can earn, and how flexible their schedule can be.
heat123
Silver Member
I have a party tomorrow with 27 mostly teacher guests! How would you go about "offering " our opportunity to these types??TIA!

The same as you would anyone else. The difference being that they have the time now to build business, since they are off for the summer. And with the kit 1/2 price, they actually make more than the initial investment. Get started now before school is back in session.

heat123 said:
I have a party tomorrow with 27 mostly teacher guests! How would you go about "offering " our opportunity to these types??TIA!

Why does everyone think that teachers, men, anyone else are different than any other potential recruit out there? Teachers have full-time jobs just like everyone else, so you would present it the same way as anyone else looking for additional income: flexible hours, fun, etc.

I don't mean to be bitchy, and I apologize for it. There's just been an influx lately of questions like these. As a teacher AND a man, I can tell you that I joined for the same reasons most other people join: free & discounted products, additional income, and something to do outside of work that would be fun..

So, no matter what 'type' the potential recruit is, present the benefits that we have. Our company is great and the benefits are exceptional; they apply to everyone.

With all that said, congrats on 27 guests!!!!

I second that motion !!!!!! Recruits are every where if one we ask everyone and two if we open our eyes and realise we are all the same looking for a reason to sign up and whether it is the money or fun or whatever it is there waiting to be asked. SO ASK EVERYONE !!!!

Congrats on the 27 guests.

Heather, GREAT QUESTION. Now, don't get on to Heather now as she was just asking the question. Sometimes these situations makes us feel a bit uncomfortable so we are looking for new and creative ways to ask someone abut joining the business. I am sure she was thinking that well, they already have a job how can I make Pampered Chef seem appealing to teachers, etc? Everyone here is not a recruiting machine and this incentive PC is offering is getting everyone thinking about how to recruit. I would talk at the show about the wonderful incentive PC is offering now, how much they can earn and how FLEXIBLE their schedule can be. FLEXIBILITY is a biggie!
I just signed a teacher about 2-3 weeks ago and she is busting butt now (may be qualified as of tonight!) but will have her schedule the way she wants it by the time school starts. Talk about all the extra Christmas cash they can earn now and that the Fall is our busiest time of the year so bookings come easier! GOOD LUCK and GREAT JOB with 27 guests!

Everyone gets nervous when addressing people who have a different point of view or experiences than them. I think that's where Heather's question comes from. And it illustrates why it's so important to attend cluster meetings and conference. Going to those events gives us exposure to people with other backgrounds who have decided to do this. We can use their experiences to help us recruit: "I know a lot of consultants who..." or "Many (fill in the occupation here) have given Pampered Chef a try and have been very successful."

As a full-time teacher I'd like to address this question. My director never asked me about the opportunity (and I tease her now about that). She assumed I didn't want to. I didn't need the extra income at the time, but wanted something that fullfilled my need for recognition, adult conversation (outside of my husband), and free-products. I can work more during the summer and choose the days I am available when school starts.

My director is glad her husband asked me, because I'm her top recruit and almost to director. I am already booked through September. I have 3 kids on top of that. One benefit of teachers as recruits: we are well-organized and good at time-management, which is an asset to our PC business.

Tell my story and others, we don't always have to tell our own success story at a show. PC and any full-time job can work especially teaching! Go for it!

ANOTHER full-time teacher/part-time PC'er chiming in here. I totally agree with all of Julie's points above. The "fun factor" and nights out with ADULT conversation are very appealing to our demographic. We also can ALL use the extra income, because at least in my neck of the woods, our salaries aren't all that great. I always tell people that I have LOVED the products for years, and getting up in front of a group of people and showing them how to do something really isn't a stretch at all for me. As Julie said, the time-management. leadership, and organizational skills that most of us have either learned or were "born with" make us naturals for this business.
I love the flexibility that this business offers me. I TRULY only work when I have time or want to. MANY teachers moonlight, and there aren't too many other jobs where you can choose and control your hours. Just my 2 cents!

Hey Heather!
I don't think this is a bad question at all. It's great to know your audience and it's wonderful that you've gotten some good feedback from teachers themselves here!:) I recently signed a teacher who co-hosted in May with another teacher and they had a $1300 show!!!

She specifically told me that she liked how I said anyone could give it a try to see how it fits into their life. It's not like you're marrying PC if you decide to become a consultant....you're taking it out on a bunch of dates. One thing I've found is that anytime a teacher hosts a cooking show or a catalog show, it's almost always a great show!! As you can see with your 27 guests, they know TONS of people and they seem to like to get together outside of work for a chance to socialize.

How I'd put a recruiting spin on that and plant a few seeds throughout your show is by mentioning they have a LOT of friends and acquaintances and that's a great spot to be in when starting a business like this. Obviously they have friends who like the product (it seems anyway!). Most of us can identify with the concern when we started about what if we don't know enough people to ask to host shows?

Is the host a teacher too? Have you talked with her about the oppty? Sounds like it'll be a great show! Have fun! And as others have said, ASK EVERYONE when they check out. I know it's hard to do, but if you haven't done it at a show yet, challenge yourself to do it at this show. Do the full service check-out and also ask them to host. You just never know! Good luck!:thumbup:

If I were talking with a teacher, I'd have to say that the highest seller in our cluster of about 40 is a fulltime kindergarden teacher. I've asked her if most of her contacts were from the school and she said no. I went to one of her shows and saw that she was a lot of fun to be around. She kept everyone laughing.
Also, my highest show was from having a teacher as a host. She did get quite a few nice orders from leaving the catalogue and order form in the teachers lounge.

Thanks for your input everyone. I surely didn't mean to offend anyone here! :O
I will use these tips for tonights show! Yes, Becky I need to start asking everyone about the opportunity. Just as I started asking everyone about hosting a show, baby steps for me, ya know! ;)

In my area, especially in Catholic Schools a lot of teachers are either getting laid off or fired, problem being because a lot of schools/churches are also closing down. I have already asked a few & they are thinking about it....Godd Luck!!:D

heat123 said:
Thanks for your input everyone. I surely didn't mean to offend anyone here! :O
I will use these tips for tonights show! Yes, Becky I need to start asking everyone about the opportunity. Just as I started asking everyone about hosting a show, baby steps for me, ya know! ;)

Way to go, Heather! It DOES get easier the more you ask. You're doing great! So, how was the show??? I can't wait to hear an update.

I bet it was a little loud and rowdy. The shows where I've had teachers as guests tend to be loud. And they themselves tell me that teachers are the worst listeners in situations like that - go figure! Not to offend the other teachers on here, but that's what I've had teachers tell me. That they're a tough audience.:)

pamperedbecky said:
Way to go, Heather! It DOES get easier the more you ask. You're doing great! So, how was the show??? I can't wait to hear an update.

I bet it was a little loud and rowdy. The shows where I've had teachers as guests tend to be loud. And they themselves tell me that teachers are the worst listeners in situations like that - go figure! Not to offend the other teachers on here, but that's what I've had teachers tell me. That they're a tough audience.:)

We teachers are typically the worst audiences, excluding MOI, of course! ;)

leftymac said:
We teachers are typically the worst audiences, excluding MOI, of course! ;)

Yeah, why is that?:eek: LOL! I've had many people who are teachers themselves tell me that.:D

pamperedbecky said:

Well had my show last night and it wasnt' full of teachers like I thought... there were about 25 ladies there and only 4 teachers there:(, the rest were friends, neighbors and her past mom volunteers.

I got 2 maybe bookings for later in the fall and No interested takers for our oppt.

Positive note though, it's at $1148 so it was a great show total!:chef:

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. I will definitely keep these notes for future reference! ( I have another teacher office party coming up this month).

WAY TO GO Heather!!I think it was your NEW bag!!!

heat123 said:
Well had my show last night and it wasnt' full of teachers like I thought... there were about 25 ladies there and only 4 teachers there:(, the rest were friends, neighbors and her past mom volunteers.

I got 2 maybe bookings for later in the fall and No interested takers for our oppt.

Positive note though, it's at $1148 so it was a great show total!:chef:

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. I will definitely keep these notes for future reference! ( I have another teacher office party coming up this month).

Wow!!! Impressive show.:thumbup: Way to go!!!

As a Teacher myself, I found the EXTRA INCOME a great incentive...Focus on that!!!...I have PAID OFF all of my student loans since I have been woth PC

Ginger428 said:
WAY TO GO Heather!!I think it was your NEW bag!!!

I think you are right!;) Did I tell you how much I love that thing as my new purse!:love: Thanks again to everyone!

Enjoy!! Again, GREAT Party....:D

1. How can I attract qualified teachers to my school?

There are a few key things you can do to attract qualified teachers to your school. First, make sure to have a competitive salary and benefits package. Also, consider creating a positive and welcoming work culture, offering professional development opportunities, and promoting any unique or attractive qualities of your school.

2. Where can I find potential candidates for teaching positions?

You can find potential candidates for teaching positions through various channels such as job posting websites, education job fairs, social media platforms, and networking events. You can also reach out to local universities and colleges to connect with recent graduates or experienced teachers.

3. What qualifications should I look for in a teacher?

The specific qualifications you should look for may vary depending on the needs and requirements of your school. Generally, you should look for candidates with a relevant degree in education, a teaching certification or license, and relevant teaching experience. It's also important to assess their communication and interpersonal skills, as well as their passion for teaching and commitment to professional growth.

4. How can I ensure a successful recruitment process?

To ensure a successful recruitment process, it's important to have a clear and detailed job description, a well-structured interview process, and a thorough evaluation of candidates' qualifications and fit for your school. It's also crucial to communicate effectively and promptly with candidates throughout the process and to provide a positive and welcoming experience for all applicants.

5. What can I do to retain teachers once they are hired?

Retention is a crucial aspect of successful teacher recruitment. To retain teachers, it's important to create a positive work environment, provide opportunities for professional development and growth, offer competitive salaries and benefits, and recognize and appreciate the contributions of your teachers. Regular communication and addressing any concerns or issues that may arise can also help keep your teachers satisfied and motivated to stay with your school.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Sherry Leigh
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Debala715
  • Mari W