• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New SAHM Ready to Launch Pampered Chef Career - Advice Needed!

In summary, a new member of a party planning company is considering becoming a consultant and has asked for advice on how to get started. They have been invited to a party by a consultant and are wondering if they should have that consultant host their first show or do it themselves. They are also asking for more information about qualifying and booking shows. Other members suggest hosting their own show and possibly finding a different consultant to work with.
Pamper Mom
I am very new to this and just joined these boards today.
Im a SAHM of 4 ages 11/6/5/ and 6 months. I have been to about 5 PC parties and have thought for a while about becoming a consultant. I was invited last Sat to a party next door but couldnt make it because I was planning a Hanna Montana party night at home for about 10 little girls... Anyhoos, I asked for a brochure from my neighbor and called the consultant from the party. I told her that I was interested in becaoming a consultant and asked how to get started. She was very friendly and told me that she would host my first show so that I could see how to do it and than any bookings from that would go to me.... Here's my question.

Why would I have her host my first show and invite all of my close friends and family. Shouldnt I practice on them? I wont be able to bother them again for a while..LOL But this would go towards my PC points right. What is your take on this any info would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

She's probably thinking that you'd use the kit credit to sign up.

Just let her know that you'd like to do your own show & make it your grand opening. You'd like her to assist you if she can, but you want to jump in & get going.

This first show would count towards your qualification, points & commissions! :)

Welcome to the group & good luck!

Im just worried about insulting her not really sure how this all works.

Should I order my kit first. What do you think is the best way to get started?

I'd say just go ahead and start. Then that show can be your Grand Opening and hopefully your recruiter would be willing to be there if you want her to. That way you'd get some practice doing a demo and you'd get the host benefits for it AND the commission.:)

If you're planning on signing up with her, she hopefully has a website. You can sign up right on her website where it says "Join My Team." You'll need the first four show dates to do the online kit order form.

thank you so much! I'll let you know how it goes.

No problem! Good luck! I always love when new consultants are psyched to start, so no need to delay your enthusiasm.:)

Have a great time!:thumbup:

Welcome, and best wishes!

I also think that using your show as "your first show" as a consultant would be more valuable than the the kit credit. I would try and start looking to book more shows before you sign so it would be a sure thing to get qualified in your first 30 days.

The consultant has not really given me all that much info on the qualifying etc. Can you explain how everything works. I know I have at least 1 booking and with mine will count as 2. Im trying to get as much info as I can. The lady that I am working with basically just said she would call me and walk me through the contract. Does anyone know where I can view the contract?

My personal opinion is to host your own first show! With you getting half you money back with the special who cares about the $40. kit credit. Your friends would rather order from you anyway.
I would just say how about I tag along with you to your next show and watch... then plan my open house and she can be there to support you but it be your show and count toward your $1000.
PS- I too had a Hanana party but was disappointed in the 3-d movie...

Have you had a sit down with this woman???? I suggest you do this before you sign the contract. Not to be a downer but you want to make sure that you "mesh" so to say,,, with her first before you are attached to her team. It is so much easier and fun to work the business with someone you really like and are comfortable with... If you find your not comfortable with her then mabey you can find and "interview" another consultant you would be more happy with.... Please do not be offended by this post.

Good luck and welcome to the family.....................

Pamper Mom said:
The consultant has not really given me all that much info on the qualifying etc. Can you explain how everything works. I know I have at least 1 booking and with mine will count as 2. Im trying to get as much info as I can. The lady that I am working with basically just said she would call me and walk me through the contract. Does anyone know where I can view the contract?

The is a great promo going right now! It's the perfect time to get in the business... I am attaching the promo flyer! Please feel free to PM me if you have any ?s
You can view the contract on her website under join my team.

Attachments

• rp_08jul_aug_recruit.pdf
    121 KB · Views: 295
Pamper Mom said:

You should probably get your questions answered before you to through the contract and officially sign. Just to be sure you've asked her all that you're wondering about. Basically qualifying means you've had your first 4 shows or $1250 in sales. Once you qualify, you get some PC dollars (which are like a bonus you can use for more products or for business supplies) for every 4 shows AND for every $1250 in sales. It's free money!! ONce you qualify, it also means that you can accept individual orders on your website, if you choose to do a Personal Web Site. I don't want to overwhelm you if you haven't heard anything about any of this. But, that's what's great about Chef Success---ask away!!

As for the consultant agreement (the "contract" your consultant was referring to) you can actually start the contract so you have a chance to read it before you actually click on "submit" or "I agree." Do you know your consultant's website address? You can go into the start of the agreement and you'll be given a special password if you wish to get back into it and start up again where you left off. I hope that makes sense!

But, feel free to ask questions here. As you can see, lots of people love to help out and answer your questions for you.

Thank You, I did get this info on the 4 shows but didnt realize thats what qualifying meant. Thank You for your help. That is another reason that I want to do my own party because I have about 15 people coming and know of at least one that wants to book a party and she has a different group of friends. Thank You again!

Flamingo said:
Have you had a sit down with this woman???? I suggest you do this before you sign the contract. Not to be a downer but you want to make sure that you "mesh" so to say,,, with her first before you are attached to her team. It is so much easier and fun to work the business with someone you really like and are comfortable with... If you find your not comfortable with her then mabey you can find and "interview" another consultant you would be more happy with.... Please do not be offended by this post.

Good luck and welcome to the family.....................

I have to agree with this comment. A little alarm bell went off for me when you said that she wanted to do your first show for you..... I may be reading it wrong though, so it is good advice to meet with her and see if you would work well together. Follow your gutt....don't sign anything too quickly (of course, I'm not one to talk, as I signed two days after attending my first show!! :rolleyes:). You don't want to wish later you had a different recruiter.

Good luck and welcome to CS! :)

Pamper Mom said:
Thank You, I did get this info on the 4 shows but didnt realize thats what qualifying meant. Thank You for your help. That is another reason that I want to do my own party because I have about 15 people coming and know of at least one that wants to book a party and she has a different group of friends. Thank You again!

Sounds like you would have a great start to your new business!!! Please keep us up to date! :)

It also put off a little bell for me when she wanted to do my first party. I emailed her and let her know that I wanted to do my first party and that would appreciate any info from her. She Emailed me back and said she thought that was a great idea but"didnt think she should be there and would explain when she calls". Hmm, curious to what her reason is. She also mentioned in our first conversation that she has been doing this for 9 yrs and has tried to stop many times but gets so many repeat requests that she continues doing it so Im wondering if she is a little burnt out.

How do the teams work together? Why is this important?

Pamper Mom said:
It also put off a little bell for me when she wanted to do my first party. I emailed her and let her know that I wanted to do my first party and that would appreciate any info from her. She Emailed me back and said she thought that was a great idea but"didnt think she should be there and would explain when she calls". Hmm, curious to what her reason is. She also mentioned in our first conversation that she has been doing this for 9 yrs and has tried to stop many times but gets so many repeat requests that she continues doing it so Im wondering if she is a little burnt out.

How do the teams work together? Why is this important?

You want to be able to call her with ?s... when I started before earning PC dollars (earned $650. :love:) I was always borrowing product. Someone willing to show you the ropes. It also helps to find out if her director is local. My Director lives across the country and I wish I have signed under someone who's director was local.

I can not stress enough how important it is to have a good relationship with your recruiter. I was a bit naive when I wanted to sign. I knew I wanted to sign but I wanted to see how well a party would do if I hosted. I didn't know any local consultants so I went online and requested a consultant. The lady was in a town about 35 miles or so away and she was a director. When she got here I could tell our personalities didn't match but I didn't know what else to do. I had decided I wanted to sign but didn't realize I could try to find someone else. I ended up signing up through a consultant on here. She was so helpful and answered all of my questions so I asked if I could sign under her. She lives in another state but talks to me on the phone and email. She just recently promoted to director. Plus she got hospitality for me as well. So please make sure you sign under someone you can get along with and that you know has your interest at heart as well. Good luck! It is so exciting to first start out! I just started in April and I am totally loving it!
God bless,
Amanda

If I am talking with a host or guest that is curious about the business, i suggest they book a show, and see what it is all about, and if they decide they want to join my team, I will give them the bookings from their show, etc- However, if they know this is what they want, and are ready to go, I suggest they sign the agreement, and they do their own first show, and receive the commision as well as the bookings, but I will be there to answer any questions they may have. Funny thing, as I look back now- the 2 active consultants I have on my team, are self starters, and did their own first show. Those who did not, and used the kit credit are no longer consultants, and fizzled shortly after they started their biz. This has just been my experience. I just signed my 3rd last night (my brother) and another signing tomorrow, and they are both doing their own first show.

mrssyvo said:
If I am talking with a host or guest that is curious about the business, i suggest they book a show, and see what it is all about, and if they decide they want to join my team, I will give them the bookings from their show, etc- However, if they know this is what they want, and are ready to go, I suggest they sign the agreement, and they do their own first show, and receive the commision as well as the bookings, but I will be there to answer any questions they may have. Funny thing, as I look back now- the 2 active consultants I have on my team, are self starters, and did their own first show. Those who did not, and used the kit credit are no longer consultants, and fizzled shortly after they started their biz. This has just been my experience. I just signed my 3rd last night (my brother) and another signing tomorrow, and they are both doing their own first show.

Hey Sue!
congrats on the recent additions to your team! That's great that you're brother is doing it. How did that one come about? That is an interesting observation about your consultants and whether or not they did their own first show.

In defense of the recruiter, the consultant who wants to "host" a show for you, I think what's going on is that she wants you to be the host and she is the consultant that comes and does the show. I have done this many times.... and the reason is because I want the person who is thinking of signing, to see and experience what it's like to be the host. I like her to understand how to build the repore with her host, by doing the same with her. When someone hosts their own show and sees it from both sides, I find that, most of the time, they do better with the business. Not always, but the majority of the time this holds true. Also, the experienced consultant works to get bookings for this new recruit/potential consultant and the new person can see how it works and doesn't have to ask all her friends to have a show. She just invites them and at the show I let everyone know that she is going to be starting her own PC business, I also invite her friends to join the company too and they would be the new girls first recruit(s) and they could start the business together, and I'd be there every step of the way.
Doing it this ways allows people to decide if this is really for them. It prevents "kit napping" which is when a new consultant joins but decides she wants to change her mind and only does 1 or no shows because she doesn't really like it. This gives her the chance to see if she likes it before she puts her money into it. It's a good thing for both her and the experienced consultant. I might get the commission but the new girl gets ALL the bookings to start her business, ALL the recruit leads and she gets the chance to sign for $40 less and during the promotion right now, she can end up only paying $57.50 for the whole kit!
Anyway, when you posted this there were NO red flags for me because I've done this for 9 years and EVERYONE I've ever done it for, thanks me because it sets them up for a successful business. I did it through the 3 1/2 years I was a director and I will continue to do this when I promote again.
I just want you to be able to see where this other girl is coming from. She is not "hosting" the show, you are, she is just being the consultant. I think she is trying to help you, not do anything sneaky.
Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Becky, Thank you. My brother completely shocked me last week. I had done a show several years ago for my niece and her husband (my brother's daughter) and it was an amazing race couples show. My brother is a retired Navy guy (30 years, master Chief, if anyone knows what that means- I believe it is the highest enlisted rank you can achieve) and He took charge of the guys in the kitchen, while I had the women in the dining room. It was so much fun, and since he loves to cook, he really got into it. I mentioned at that time that he should join my team, he is a natural. he laughed it off, but evidently he had been stewing it over all these years, because he did a catalog show for me last month, and when we were playing phone tag after the products arrived, he said in his message, "sis, things arrived, all in good shape, but call me, I have a question" So I called, and he said, I've been thinking about what we talked about, I thought it was about the catalog show, but he went back 3 years, about the joining me team comment, and said, I think I am ready to join your team- HUH????? The same thing happened with my best friend, who is signing tomorrow. She lives out of state, and evidently she has been stewing over it as well. Stay in touch with those leads over the years, because it will happen- they will sign, if not with you, then with someone else. Most people are not inclined to sign right away, but stew over it for awhile. I "stewed" for 20 years. I wish I had signed when I was first asked back in 1988!!!!!

Sue -
That's awesome! Keeping in touch with them is such a great idea AND just to ask them about it in the first place and plant that seed can be very valuable down the road. Good for you! You're on fire!

I had a call from a gentelman who really wants to sign. Never having done any recruiting. I met him briefly a few months ago at a Harvest 4 Hunger fair and fundraiser.I called my director. I forgot she is on vacation this week.

I sent off an e-mail. He wants to do his own first show and pay for the kit outright. He lives about 30 miles away but was going to see if I could meet with him this weekend.

Thanks to the info here I know how to get him signed through my website. I also told him to work on getting 5-6 shows set up for the first of September. I also offered to go with him to his first show if he would like and be of any assistance.

Does anyone know if the DVD showing how to do the shows in the new consultant pack? Also what other major points am I missing.

Thanks for all your help in Advance

1. How do I get started with Pampered Chef as a new stay-at-home mom?

To get started as a new stay-at-home mom with Pampered Chef, you can visit our website and click on the "Join" button. This will take you to the sign-up page where you can choose your starter kit and complete your enrollment. You will also have access to our training materials and support from your upline and our corporate team.

2. What are the benefits of joining Pampered Chef as a stay-at-home mom?

Joining Pampered Chef as a stay-at-home mom can provide you with flexible working hours that allow you to work around your family's schedule. As a consultant, you can also earn an income while building your own business and connecting with others. Additionally, you can receive discounts on our products and have opportunities for incentives and rewards.

3. How much time and effort is required to be successful with Pampered Chef?

The amount of time and effort required to be successful with Pampered Chef will vary for each consultant. As a stay-at-home mom, you can choose to work around your family's schedule and dedicate as much time as you are able to your business. It is important to consistently set goals, stay organized, and communicate with your team to achieve success.

4. What kind of support is available for new stay-at-home mom consultants?

At Pampered Chef, we have a strong community and support system for our consultants. As a new stay-at-home mom consultant, you will have access to training materials, webinars, and one-on-one support from your upline and our corporate team. You can also connect with other consultants through online communities and local team meetings.

5. How can I balance being a stay-at-home mom and running a Pampered Chef business?

Balancing being a stay-at-home mom and running a Pampered Chef business is possible by setting clear boundaries and priorities. This may include setting dedicated work hours, scheduling tasks and events in advance, and involving your family in your business. It is also important to communicate with your family and team to ensure a healthy work-life balance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
annew
  • Naomi Carden
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • melissaboyd