• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Helping a New Recruit: Challenges of a Consultant

In summary, the conversation revolves around a consultant who had a recruit but is now unsure of how to help her. They discuss various ways to reach out to the recruit and offer support, but ultimately agree that it's up to the recruit to take action. The consultant shares a similar experience with another consultant who has not been as proactive. They all agree that it's important to make an effort to help, but not to feel guilty if the recruit does not succeed.
missmindym
Okay, so my reasons for joining were totally selfish. I totally did it for me. I had no plans to recruit, it wasn't a goal at all. I'm really not sure that I want a team, etc. But, in my first 30 days a recruit fell into my lap, literally. She totally came to me told me she wanted to sign up, we went to the same high school (different grades), so she asked me for my consultant number and signed up. So, now that I have a recruit, I of course want her to do well and have been trying to make sure she is doing okay, asking her if she has any questions, etc. We live about 5 hours apart and our director lives in a different state. She told me she had her 4 shows lined up. At her first two, no one bought anything :( so those didn't count, but she was supposed to have two more that she said she was still going to do. I've told her about all the online training videos and everything. She's stopped answering my messages and hasn't submitted anything yet that I can tell (I keep checking my IPT). And her 30 days is up or is up in a few days. I just don't know what else I should be doing for her. I know she has 60 more days to get qualified, I just feel like I should be doing something for her.

Re: Recruiting??
missmindym said:
Okay, so my reasons for joining were totally selfish. I totally did it for me. I had no plans to recruit, it wasn't a goal at all. I'm really not sure that I want a team, etc. But, in my first 30 days a recruit fell into my lap, literally. She totally came to me told me she wanted to sign up, we went to the same high school (different grades), so she asked me for my consultant number and signed up. So, now that I have a recruit, I of course want her to do well and have been trying to make sure she is doing okay, asking her if she has any questions, etc. We live about 5 hours apart and our director lives in a different state. She told me she had her 4 shows lined up. At her first two, no one bought anything :( so those didn't count, but she was supposed to have two more that she said she was still going to do. I've told her about all the online training videos and everything. She's stopped answering my messages and hasn't submitted anything yet that I can tell (I keep checking my IPT). And her 30 days is up or is up in a few days. I just don't know what else I should be doing for her. I know she has 60 more days to get qualified, I just feel like I should be doing something for her.

All you can do is to keep checking in with her periodically. In the end, it's her decision. I have a recruit who hasn't done a thing after I put forth a lot of effort, and now I'm realizing that sometimes you gotta learn when to just let go and not worry so much about it. We're all adults and we're not their boss, so we can't make them do anything.

Re: Recruiting??You can always send her a letter in the mail. Remind her about the tele-classes and offer your help. Then if she needs you, she can call you. Who knows, maybe the messages aren't getting to her. My 11yr old used to listen to msgs and delete them, not bothering to ever tell me someone called for me. I want to emphasize that she USED to do this. LOL!!

Re: Recruiting??
missmindym said:
And her 30 days is up or is up in a few days. I just don't know what else I should be doing for her. I know she has 60 more days to get qualified, I just feel like I should be doing something for her.

Sometimes this happens and we just have to let them do there thing. As long as we are making/have made a reasonable effort to help them we cannot feel guilty if they don't succeed. She may turn around. I have a consultant who signed up and was SO excited. Well, she didn't put her first show in until after her 30 days ended and is getting ready to do #2 - she has just a couple weeks left in her 90 days. I don't know if she will qualify by then or not but I am expecting not. She came to her first training but since then hasn't answered my calls or emails. I keep her in the email loop with the rest of the team and, since she's still new, I leave a message every week on her phone. That's all I can do.

As far as "having 60 more days to get qualified" she actually has 12 months from the day she signed to qualify. The 90 days is for the incentives: the bonuses she can get and the trip points both she and you can get.

Re: Recruiting??You or your director needs to get her some hospitality. Some people can figure things out on their own, but some people need a little encouragement and guidance. Nobody should feel like they are all alone in this business. Get her a hospitality director and tell her about Chef Success.

Where does she live?

Re: Recruiting??One of the first things I did was tell her about Chef Success, I don't know if she's been here or not. And my recruiter barely calls me, only after I make her some money, I guess (she only calls me after I put in a show or something), and so I don't know if we have any hospitality or not. I've only talked to my director twice and I got a postcard from conference.

My director is in CO, my recruit, my recruiter, and I are all in CA, just in different parts.

Re: Recruiting??Hate to say this since I don't know her. However, it sounds to me like she is fooling you. Maybe a kitnapper. Find it strange that she said she had 2 shows with no orders and now all of a sudden she's dodging you and has done nothing.

I sent one of mine an e-mail that was basically the same way and told her about everything I and the company can offer her in the way of help. I also explained that I would love to help her qualify and "fulfill" her agreement with the Pampered Chef of doing 4 shows and that I would hate to see her "break her agreement." Funny thing though, after I e-mailed her she sure got the 4 shows in in a hurry to qualify and then never heard from her again. Nothing else submitted since then either.

Re: Recruiting??If she turns out not to be a kit knaper then find her hospitality. Everyone can get hospitality even you if you are not going to monthly meetings. If your director will not help you (I believe it is her job to help) then contact your upline or Executive. California is a big state, maybe a director here is close to her and will help you.

I really believe in monthly cluster meetings. My director is not in Oregon and I have a great hospitality director. Nobody should feel alone, not even you.

1. What are the main challenges a new consultant may face?

Some of the main challenges a new consultant may face include building a customer base, learning and understanding the product line, and finding a balance between work and personal life.

2. How can I support and mentor a new recruit?

You can support and mentor a new recruit by providing them with guidance and resources, sharing your own experiences and knowledge, and being available to answer any questions they may have.

3. What are some tips for managing time effectively as a new consultant?

To manage time effectively as a new consultant, it is important to prioritize tasks, set achievable goals, and use tools such as a planner or calendar to stay organized. It may also be helpful to delegate tasks and ask for help when needed.

4. How can I overcome the fear of rejection when making sales as a new consultant?

To overcome the fear of rejection, it is important to remember that rejection is a natural part of sales and not a reflection of your worth as a consultant. It may also be helpful to practice and improve your sales skills, have a positive attitude, and focus on building relationships with your customers.

5. What resources are available to help new consultants succeed?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to help new consultants succeed, including training and development programs, mentorship opportunities, and a supportive community of consultants. Additionally, the company provides marketing materials, online tools, and a customizable website to assist with sales and building a customer base.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Chef Bobby
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • chefheidi2003