• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Ways to Cook Comfortably with PC Despite Standing and Sweating Issues

In summary, the conversation discussed the challenges of standing for long periods of time and sweating while cooking during PC shows. Suggestions were made to have interactive shows where guests do the cooking, bring a chair and fan, or use Monistat body powder to absorb sweat. It was also mentioned that PC now offers a new format for cooking shows that allows the guests to do most of the work and only requires standing for 30-45 minutes. The conversation ended with the person announcing that they had decided to sign with PC and the others congratulating them and offering encouragement.
kerstin70
I can't stand for long periods of time and I sweat when I cook! I :love: PC though! Other then loosing lots of weight......any suggestions??

You could have interactive shows where the guests cook. I almost never do any of the cooking at my shows. I explain to the guests that I own the tools and that if they wanted to watch a cooking show they could just turn on the tv. They almost always love the idea!

Have faith in yourself! The great news is that we have a new format for cooking shows now! Interactive shows get the guests working and cooking for you! It diesnt take long at all! You can do anything you set your mind to!

Our new interactive shows allow the guests to do most of the work and the standing portion can last as little as 30-45 minutes. Just a thought.

Ha Ha Ha Looks like we were all posting at the same time!

Bring along a chair and a fan. Use the chair when you need to. Have the fan blowing on you during your demo.

I agree with all that has been said! Makes it easier for us nowadays! Have your guests do the cooking! ;)

Plus if you needed to sit I'm sure they would be fine with it... I did shows when I had tendonitis in my foot flaring up and was in an air cast, so I just sat. They didn't mind at all! You can do it - you have the most important thing that a consultant needs - passion for the product!

If you are serious about signing, then the interactive show or Rae's suggestion of bringing a fan will work for you!! Best of luck in your decision!!

Basically you don't know if it will work for you until you try it! PC offers a wonderful opportunity and you can try it for only 4 shows. Most people fall in love with it after that, but it is a good time to try and see if you like it. If you truly can't make it work after that, you have no obligation (but I bet you'll like it).

Janet's right. We're not asking you to get married--just to go on four dates. If after those four dates you don't feel things are working out, we can break up. We'll always be friends, though. :)

Thank you guys! You are all so sweet and encouraging. I hadn't thought about the new interactive shows. Since it would be my business I would decide what I want to do.. after all like Christina said... they can turn on the TV if they want to watch a cooking show! LOL!! What a lightbulb moment for me!!

I happen to only have hosts in the summer that don't know how to control the heat. The guests also are too hot!

I am overweight and I sweat, but there are ways to handle it. I do more the demo style. I just go to the sink as if I am washing my hands, take a paper towel or a designated towel of my own, wipe my face, set my towel in a place that is not near clean dishes or food. Then I wash my hands with soap and water. It has not affected my sales or bookings.

To add to the mix, in August, I have seasonal allergies so it is like I have a cold for a month!! (Mmmm...yummmy!). I handle it the same way, as descretely (sp?) as I can , but always, always wash well after each time.

kerstin70 said:
Thank you guys! You are all so sweet and encouraging. I hadn't thought about the new interactive shows. Since it would be my business I would decide what I want to do.. after all like Christina said... they can turn on the TV if they want to watch a cooking show! LOL!! What a lightbulb moment for me!!

So did ya sign!?! Inquiring minds want to know!;)

I SURE DID!!!! :sing: And that is all I have been talking about for the last several days.

The makers of Monistat products make a GREAT sweat absorbent body powder... it's not for female issues like you think of when you hear monistat... however being of German desent... I tend glow more than the average female, and it's come in handy around the brassiere, and underarms... back of my neck... legs.... anywho- before I divulge too much info- (okay, so I already have, LOL) I thought I'd share that with you...

heat123 said:
So did ya sign!?! Inquiring minds want to know!;)

I forgot about this thread. :)

Kerstin signed with her director that has been working with her for the last year.

I'm sure she will do great! :thumbup:

That is great :) Congrats to her and her future success!!!!

Kitchen Diva said:
The makers of Monistat products make a GREAT sweat absorbent body powder... it's not for female issues like you think of when you hear monistat... however being of German desent... I tend glow more than the average female, and it's come in handy around the brassiere, and underarms... back of my neck... legs.... anywho- before I divulge too much info- (okay, so I already have, LOL) I thought I'd share that with you...

Oh, I SOOOOO could have used it today!
I was on the roof at work helping repair a rooftop air condition unit. It was 102.9 in the direct sun, 84 overall and of course I was wearing a black shirt/capris! :yuck:

I was dripping in places I normally don't after the 1 1/2 hours no the roof!

All better now, just got out of the shower! I can't go to bed icky...:rolleyes:

Janet do you do heating and air conditing?

christinaspc said:

She does everything but rocket science! :) :D

janetupnorth said:
Oh, I SOOOOO could have used it today!
I was on the roof at work helping repair a rooftop air condition unit. It was 102.9 in the direct sun, 84 overall and of course I was wearing a black shirt/capris! :yuck:

I was dripping in places I normally don't after the 1 1/2 hours no the roof!

All better now, just got out of the shower! I can't go to bed icky...:rolleyes:

The stuff is a godsent! (not sure if I spelled that right)

I was reading your post and started to think you must have misposted! I thought it's nice to know I'm not the only one that does that! LOL But then I understood where you were going. I'm directionally challanged. (That's what I tell everybody at my day job) I had no idea you could use Monistat? in other ways... and I really like the terminology? "glow". I'm using that from now on. Is there anyway I can edit my previous post to say glow instead of sweat??;)

Well i was going to say don't let my hubby read that she does that since he does and he always wants me to get more involved in his work and i am pfff

christinaspc said:
Well i was going to say don't let my hubby read that she does that since he does and he always wants me to get more involved in his work and i am pfff

Are you talking about me repairing air conditions on the roof or Kacey glowing?

Kitchen Diva said:
She does everything but rocket science! :) :D

I think she dabbles a bit in Rocket Science too though!:p:D

kerstin70 said:
I was reading your post and started to think you must have misposted! I thought it's nice to know I'm not the only one that does that! LOL But then I understood where you were going. I'm directionally challanged. (That's what I tell everybody at my day job) I had no idea you could use Monistat? in other ways... and I really like the terminology? "glow". I'm using that from now on. Is there anyway I can edit my previous post to say glow instead of sweat??;)

It's not monistat yeast infection ointment- it's like a baby powder/talc powder... they also sell a powdered gel. Most stores, like Target and Walmart sell it by their pharmacy- it has this absorbtion property to it that just whicks (sp?) away moisture and sweat- since you said you sweat a lot I wanted to share my discovery with you. It's in a dark blue and purple container- like baby poweder only a smaller bottle.

christinaspc said:

No, I'm actually an industrial engineer by education. I normally deal with processes, computers and conveyor systems...

However, I have supervised maintenance in the past...general maintenance and machine maintenance so since I don't have any major projects in the warehouse I've been expanding my electrical knowledge and helping maintenance with electrical and HVAC. (What I can of course). There are certain things I cannot do since I'm not a licensed electrician but I can assist in many ways and while our electrician was replacing the capacitor and a few other things, I was replacing the belt on the motor and tensioning it and taking the voltage and temperature readings to make sure we had things right.

Yes, I dabble in a little of everything...I'm a geek, I'll admit it...!

Kitchen Diva said:
figures... LOL~:p

No, that's KG's brother that is the rocket scientist.

Now fire science on the other hand... :rolleyes:

Kerstin,

Congrats on your business ... you're gonna do GREAT!

I, too, am overweight and have problems with my right knee related to a fall ... when I stand for very extended periods, I am in pain. I compensate by taking prescription ibuprofen when I anticipate being on my feet for a day. The first day of the Chicago trip (when I walked the whole perimiter of the downtown with 2 women in much better shape than I am) I was in agony and could not get to sleep. The rest of conference, however, I did just fine!

If you think sweating is an issue, I'd reccomend staying away from recipes that involve slaving over a hot stove, as you don't want to project that image that our products are hard to use anyway! Look for quick cooking recipes, ones that use the microwave rather than the oven, or recipes that you can walk away from. Try to incorporate interactive stuff (though my last 2 shows were from the same family and the people in it were not the "interactive type." )

And at least make sure you can find a place to sit for the full service checkout!

And for times that all that sweating results in a rash ... I use the same antifungal cream you get for athletes foot and apply directly to the rash. It's gone within a day.

Oops where have I been? I'm so glad you you mentioned how it looks like and thanks for the link. I was going to get the ointment and I would have been really "glowing"!! :blushing:

Well then welcome and congrats! You are going to love PC and CS!! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Yup- there it is! Ahhh powder for the Germans! :)

Know what?!?!

That explains it! Never had issues before, and I'm pretty skinny but I can really sweat sometimes!

Now I know where it comes from - my grandma was born in Berlin - it's that German blood.

...and here I thought all it caused was hard work and stubbornness...oh and a gut when you're older...

1. How can I cook comfortably with PC if I can't stand for long periods of time?

One option is to invest in a comfortable anti-fatigue mat to stand on while cooking. This can help reduce the strain on your feet and legs. Additionally, you can try using a stool or chair to sit on while preparing ingredients or during longer cooking tasks.

2. What can I do to prevent excessive sweating while cooking with PC?

First, make sure you are wearing light and breathable clothing while cooking. You can also try using a fan or opening windows to improve air circulation in the kitchen. Keeping a cold glass of water nearby and taking breaks to cool down can also help reduce sweating.

3. How can I make cooking with PC more enjoyable despite my physical limitations?

Consider delegating tasks to others or using pre-cut/prepared ingredients to minimize the amount of time and physical exertion required. You can also try adjusting the height of your work surface to a more comfortable level. Most importantly, remember to take breaks and listen to your body's needs.

4. Are there any specific PC products or tools that can help with standing and sweating issues while cooking?

Yes, there are several products designed to make cooking more comfortable and efficient. The PC Anti-Fatigue Mat and Adjustable Stool are great options for reducing strain while standing. The PC Cooling Rack can also help keep your kitchen and food cooler, reducing the amount of sweating while cooking.

5. Can following certain recipes or cooking techniques help with standing and sweating issues?

Yes, there are many recipes and techniques that require less standing and sweating. Slow cooker or instant pot recipes are great options as they require minimal standing and can often be prepared while sitting. You can also try using a food processor or other kitchen tools to speed up prep time and reduce the amount of standing required.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • June Moore
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • riggs62