• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated Consultant Wants to Change Directors - What Would You Do?

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who is unhappy with her director and considering going under a different one. The question is whether the 12-month inactivity period is actually 12 months or 14. The speaker also shares their own experience with having a strong network of consultant friends for support. They also bring up the importance of communication and feedback between directors and consultants. The speaker cautions against jumping ship without considering the potential consequences and encourages the consultant to determine if the inactivity period is worth it for her.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have a friend who's sister is a consultant. We have spoken briefly on a few occasions, but that is about it. Anyhow, she is very unhappy with her director. She is discouraged with her and disappointed with her, not to mention that it burns her up that she is making an override on her, without helping her out in any way. She wants to go under some one else. I know that she has to be inactive for 12 months. Is that actually 12 months or 14?
Plus, I really don't want to encourage this because I wouldn't want it done to me.
What would you do?

There is nothing you can do but encourage her. Her director does not make or break her business, she does. She can go above her director if she needs additional support.

I've been there before and my SD tells me the best thing to do is to promote and then I can do all that I think I should do for my consultants. I also have found that having a strong network of consultant friends has gotten me through A LOT!

They question is, is she willing to give up all she has with PC to go inactive?
Also, more importantly, has she communicated her frustrations with her director?Over and over I hear people complain about their directors, but never say anything to them. How can a director learn and grow unless there is feedback from their consultants about what they aren't doing to support them.On the flip side, is there an issue with this consultant and would you inherit the same issue? Is she a needy person who needs her hand held through everything, not just in a business-sense? Is she demanding too much from her director? Is she wanting her director to do everything for her and not run her own business or go online to get stuff?...just some things to think about. We can't judge the situation without knowing what is REALLY happening on each side.When I hear people wanting to jump ship I KNOW there are many, many reasons to. We have many wonderful people on here who truly have crappy, dishonest directors above them. But we also have some great people trying to be good directors that have people under them that are less than motivated.I'd just caution you before you give advice and she needs to determine if the year of inactivity is worth it to her. Usually the bad directors eventually go bye-bye. It may take a few years, but they usually go...

Hi there,I can understand your friend's frustration with her current director. It's important for consultants to have a supportive and encouraging leader to help them grow their business. In this situation, I would recommend that your friend have an open and honest conversation with her director about her concerns. It's possible that her director may not be aware of the impact she is having on your friend.If that conversation does not lead to any positive changes, then your friend could consider reaching out to her upline director or even the company's leadership team to express her concerns and see if they can help find a solution. It's always best to try to resolve issues within the company before considering a change in directors.As for the inactive period, it is typically 12 months, but it's best to double check with the consultant agreement or reach out to the company's support team for clarification. I also understand your hesitation in encouraging your friend to switch directors, as it's not something you would want done to you. However, if your friend is truly unhappy and feels that a change in leadership would benefit her business, then it's ultimately her decision to make.I hope everything works out for your friend and she is able to find the support and guidance she needs to succeed as a consultant. Best of luck to both of you.Warmly,

1. How do I approach my current director about wanting to change directors?

It's important to be honest and direct with your current director. Schedule a one-on-one meeting to express your concerns and explain why you feel a change is necessary.

2. What should I do if my current director is not receptive to my request?

If your director is not open to the idea of you changing directors, you can reach out to your regional director or the Pampered Chef Home Office for assistance. They can help mediate the situation and find a solution that works for both parties.

3. Can I choose my new director or will one be assigned to me?

You can certainly express your preferences for a new director, but ultimately the decision will be made by the regional director or Home Office. They will take into account your needs and the availability of directors in your area.

4. Will changing directors affect my current team and sales?

No, changing directors should not have a negative impact on your team or sales. Your new director will work with you to ensure a smooth transition and support you in growing your business.

5. Can I continue working with my current team if I change directors?

Yes, you can continue working with your current team even if you change directors. Your new director will work closely with you and your team to ensure a seamless transition and continued success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedchefqueen
  • almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • AJPratt